A friend and I spent 4 days at the Litchfield Inn in mid-August. It our first visit and it was FANTASTIC! We were looking for an oceanfront hotel close enough to Myrtle Beach that we could drive in to shop or eat out if we wanted, but far enough away that we weren't 1) swamped with traffic and a million other visitors 2) paying upwards of $250 per night for a room OR staying in a run down hotel on the strip. The Oceanfront Litchfield Hotel was perfect!
Litchfield Beach itself is amazing- it has a handful of restaurants and grocery stores and great proximity to Murrell's Inlet and Myrtle Beach. So you get the best of both worlds- the small beach feel with access to the activities of larger cities.
The hotel itself was clearly built a while ago, but our room (#428 in the tower) was beautifully renovated. We DID make sure to request a renovated room when we made our reservation. The room we had was on the end of the tower closest to the pools so we had not only a balcony but also a wall of windows overlooking the ocean.
The room had a granite kitchenette- a sink, small refrigerator/freezer combo, a coffee maker, toaster, and microwave. There was a round table for 4 and 3 chairs. The room also came with silverware, plates and bowls- which were perfect for eating lunch in the room.
The only complaints that we had were that, because it was the middle of summer and there were lots of families here, both pools tended to be pretty crowded. The beach however was not crowded, so we weren't too bothered. Also, in the tower (which is 7 stories) there is only 1 elevator, which could be pretty slow.
But otherwise the hotel was fantastic- the beach was gorgeous, the room very nice, and the staff helpful. I would recommend it to friends and family and we will definitely be back.
One last note- if you are a government employee, teacher, or military be sure to bring an ID and ask for the discount. We thought it was only for military, but when we told the desk that my friend was a public school teacher they gave us $150 off our room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classic South Carolina Oceanfront Resort. The hotel is situated on quiet and serene Litchfield Beach, yet only minutes from faster paced Myrtle Beach. Are attractions include Caledonia Golf and Fish Club, Brookgreen Gardens and Pawleys Plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Oceanfront Litchfield Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island
- The Litchfield Hotel
- Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island