“Views were outstanding!!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Views were outstanding!!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Had a wonderful birthday weekend in Litchfield. The views were absolutely outstanding but with that said, I feel they need to update their rooms. The place really needs a facelift. It is looking old and tired inside and out. The staff were very professional and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeff W, General Manager at Oceanfront Litchfield Inn, responded to this review, 6 October 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We strive each day to give the best vacation experience possible and feedback helps us better achieve that goal.
I would love to speak with you further about your experience, please contact me at your convenience at:
(843) 237-4211
Jeff Wood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Galesburg, Illinois
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Went into this Vacation needing to hear waves on the beach and seagulls flying. Walked into the room and couldn't believe I had it all from the balcony of our ocean side room. Only a short walk and we were on the beach with sand between our toes. The on sight bar/restaurant had good food at a reasonable price. I believe some rooms are individually owned and rented out. The room we had was well maintained and decorated with small kitchenette, updated bathroom. I will go back if I get a chance.

1 Thank 1sassymae
Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Litchfield Inn.
Belleville, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I really want to write a glowing review of this inn. There were some issues that prevent me from doing so, however I will say there were a lot of positives also.
I'll start with the good stuff: the location is great (far away from the crowds of Myrtle Beach and other attractions but close enough to drive to them), beautiful beach, convenient peach/pool location to the poolside room (we were able to go to the pool area and beach via sliding door from our room), great place for families with small children, very friendly staff, free continental breakfast with plenty of options, free coffee available all day and very clean grounds.
Now unfortunately a couple of negatives, our room (111 poolside) was not very well maintained. The bathroom was pretty dirty and showed signs of much needed maintenance. The window was covered in cobwebs and dead bugs. The tiles had a very thick layer of dust/dirt as well as the under sink cabinets. This was a sign the room had not been cleaned very well for a while. It would have taken housekeeping just a little bit of time each day to prevent this layer of dirt from building up as I was able to use a washcloth to wipe a section away. The tub was not very clean or appealing looking. I would not let my children sit in the tub for baths. My three year old took showers and I gave my nine month old sponge baths. I wore flip flops in the shower. The provided utensils/dishes were kept in cabinets that looked like the also had not been cleaned in quite some time. There were cheerios on the floor when we got there. We had an issue with housekeeping. We needed the bedding on one of the beds changed, so we left it on the floor so housekeeping would know. Well, housekeeping came left some new towels in the bathroom but never even cleaned the room (cheerios still on the floor) and left the bedding on the floor. We had to go to the front desk to have this resolved and it took a bit of time as the day time housekeeping staff had left and they were attempting to get in touch with the night staff. Eventually a very nice staff member, Steven I believe was his name, came and took the bedding to be washed and did some sweeping and wiped down the counters. Later, he returned the clean linens in a bag for us to remake the bed. The front desk did check with us to see if we were taken care of. However, this incident and the condition of the room lead me to believe that housekeeping is an absolute weakness of this property.
Another negative, flies everywhere. Not sure this is the hotel's issue or just one for the area but I figured anyone going would like a heads up. They were all over the property!!!! In the rooms, by the pool, in the restaurant, in the lobby and not just one or two....tons!!!! It was so annoying. We actually went to buy bug repellant in the hopes it would work.
So with all that said, I am very torn as to whether or not I would stay here again or another property in the area. Cleanliness is obviously very important for me when staying anywhere especially with my children and I feel this inn needs some improvement there. We may check out the beach and golf resort next time.

Room Tip: Try to avoid Poolside 111...not sure about the others.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank LaceyJR
(843) 237-4211
Jeff Wood
Mckinney, Texas
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great view and access to beach. Great for families and couples and friends. Away from most of the masses at the beach, yet convenient enough to get to anything that you may want to see if you have a car..

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Canton
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife and I love the Litchfield Inn. The staff are wonderful. The rooms are one of the best we have stayed in. You can't beat the view from the Towers. All Tower rooms have a terrific ocean view. We look forward to our next stay.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel is so great. Right on the beach, surrounded by private houses. Very calm and charming. Rooms are clean, especially those in the towers. two pools, little pools but great for kidsI recommend it +++++++++

Room Tip: If you cans get it, take the rooms in the tower, the view on the ocean is fantastic
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 August 2014

A friend and I spent 4 days at the Litchfield Inn in mid-August. It our first visit and it was FANTASTIC! We were looking for an oceanfront hotel close enough to Myrtle Beach that we could drive in to shop or eat out if we wanted, but far enough away that we weren't 1) swamped with traffic and a million other visitors 2) paying upwards of $250 per night for a room OR staying in a run down hotel on the strip. The Oceanfront Litchfield Hotel was perfect!

Litchfield Beach itself is amazing- it has a handful of restaurants and grocery stores and great proximity to Murrell's Inlet and Myrtle Beach. So you get the best of both worlds- the small beach feel with access to the activities of larger cities.

The hotel itself was clearly built a while ago, but our room (#428 in the tower) was beautifully renovated. We DID make sure to request a renovated room when we made our reservation. The room we had was on the end of the tower closest to the pools so we had not only a balcony but also a wall of windows overlooking the ocean.

The room had a granite kitchenette- a sink, small refrigerator/freezer combo, a coffee maker, toaster, and microwave. There was a round table for 4 and 3 chairs. The room also came with silverware, plates and bowls- which were perfect for eating lunch in the room.

The only complaints that we had were that, because it was the middle of summer and there were lots of families here, both pools tended to be pretty crowded. The beach however was not crowded, so we weren't too bothered. Also, in the tower (which is 7 stories) there is only 1 elevator, which could be pretty slow.

But otherwise the hotel was fantastic- the beach was gorgeous, the room very nice, and the staff helpful. I would recommend it to friends and family and we will definitely be back.

One last note- if you are a government employee, teacher, or military be sure to bring an ID and ask for the discount. We thought it was only for military, but when we told the desk that my friend was a public school teacher they gave us $150 off our room!

Room Tip: Call directly to make a reservation and ask for a renovated room. The rooms in the tower ending in 2...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Best Western Pawleys Island
#4 of 6 in Pawleys Island
Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club
Hampton Inn Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach Area

Been to Oceanfront Litchfield Inn? Share your experiences!