“Great Customer Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Pawleys Island
Chicago, IL
“Great Customer Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2009

Stayed for 10 days in early August 09. Great staff who were pleasant and helpful at every turn - went out of their way to be accommodating from making sure our rooms were to our liking; we had recommendations for places to eat and shop; helping us rent chairs, bikes, kayaks; and even finding and mailing some sunglasses back to me that I forgot in a room! There are room types and prices for everyone's needs, and the restaurants on site had fantastic food. I can't wait to go back again next year!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LitchfieldInn58, General Manager at Oceanfront Litchfield Inn, responded to this review, 27 August 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. It is great to see that you will be back next year. Can't wait to hear about those experiences as well.

See you in 2010.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Rock Hill, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2009

My wife & I went to Brookgreen Gardens yesterday & enjoyed it. I had booked one night at Litchfield Inn. Check-in time was 4:00PM. we had to wait for at least 30 min because "the room was not ready." When we finally got to the room on the 1st floor, my wife inspected it as she usually does, checking the bedding, etc. We noted a very dirty spot on the floor right next to the bed. (Perhaps a huge coffee spill) So we went to the desk & explained it. The courteous desk clerk offered us two other rooms of which we inspected one & decided not to stay at all. He thankfully refunded us the night's cost. My thought is if the carpet is not clean, perhaps the rest of the room is not. They should have blocked that room from rental until the carpet was cleaned. Who wants to step out of bed on a filthy carpet.

1 Thank SCTraveler095
It is extremely disappointing that you had those experiences on our property. Our hotel is a condo hotel and each of our units are individually owned; you can stay at our facility 130 times and have 130 experiences. We are currently under new management and are working to bring those experiences to a standard, it is frustrating on behalf of management that some homeowners fail to meet our guest expectations and importantly our expectations.

I am disappointed that you would review our facility on tripadvisor.com without staying at our property. I assure you if you would have taken a different standing if you would have stayed and let us take care of your stay. We strive for customer excellence and when guest complain we do not take it lightly and work with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to their best ability then call in the homeowner.

Our intentions are always to take care of the customer and of course for you not to make a four hour trip back to Rock Hill. It would be our pleasure for you to come back and visit the property for a night, complimentary. Please let me know when you would like to travel back to the hotel and we will have a clean and efficient room for you as well as tickets to your favorite local attraction Brookgreen Gardens.
Huntington WV
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2009

My husband and I flew down from WV only to find our "Deluxe Pool Side Room" was no more than dumpy disappointment. This was our first "alone" trip in a very long time. Therefore, we opted for a nicer room and paid more than we usually would. By no means was there anything "Deluxe" about this room other than the mold/mildew situation they have going on. The smell was horrendous and unbearable. We went to the front desk to ask for another room only to be told that they were booked and the gentleman working offered us air freshener. We paid $165 a night to stay some place where the front desk gives you a spray?? Come on!!!!
The management states on here that the rooms are all owned separately,then in my opinion, show all of the rooms separately. We thought that we would have this nice upadated room with a neat view, instead we ended up with a dump and are considering calling the DHEC.

Oakboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2009

I was in shock after reading the reviews and felt it was necessary to write a positive review about the wonderful stay I had with my family. I decided to take my kids to the beach for a “mini” vacation. I had never been to Pawley’s Island and was looking for a quiet getaway. I had been looking for weeks for a place to stay and I kept going back to the Litchfield Inn website. I booked online and left the next day. I checked in and the gentleman at the front desk was very helpful and pleasant. I asked for some recommendations for local restaurants. He told us about a few in the area and also gave us a coupon for a free dessert at one of them. The room we stayed in was wonderful and very clean. It had been recently renovated and had tile floors, gorgeous bathroom with a tile shower. The room also had a mini fridge, microwave, plates, silverware, cups, mugs, and a coffeemaker. The beach was perfect not over crowded. During the day after playing on the beach and at the pool I would treat the kids to Shirley Temples from the poolside bar. Our last night at the Inn I took the kids to the Café / Beach Bar for dessert. I didn’t realize the restaurant was closing and asked if I could order something for the kids. The young man behind the bar went to the back to check, and came back and offered ice cream, which of course the kids loved. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I will be back again. This is my new favorite vacation getaway!
Karen
Oakboro, NC

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us Karen. Hopefully we will see you really soon!
southcarolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2009

when making reservations was told we could check in at 3:00 bot there and was told 4:00. room smelled like wet carpet/mold.was a non smoking room but cigarette burns in carpet and in the master bedspread was covered in burn holes.stove only had 1 burner that worked and the air conditioner did not work. both were fixed but at an inconvenience. no cooking utensils, only 2 pots and no eating utensils. requested at least a frying pan(which they did give after much talk), we were told that the owner was in charge of the condition of the room, etc. told the "day manager" that we rented the room from them, not the owner and they should be responsible about chec king out the rooms. manager very impersonal and acted as if she did not even care. 2nd year in a row with bad rooms, etc. think hard and long before we go back

• 1 of 5 bubbles
We regret that you feel the way you do regarding our facility. We understand that you expect certain pots/pans to be placed in a unit during your stay. I am glad that we were able to find you a frying pan for your stay and hope that your Husband could enjoy his Birthday.

We are currently working on standards with our homeowners to supply certain needs to our renters and will have standards in place by January of 2010.

Thank you for your thoughts.
Boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2009

The Litchfield Inn is on the beach. If all you want is a close beach, its for you.

In our case, my wife loves the beach, I don't. Contrary to the pictures on the web site, our "Deluxe Poolside" room was somewhat small, and while it was pool side, there was a raised (second floor) walkway that both blocked the view of the pool (and the ocean beyond it) and made the room really claustrophobic.

The (grumpy older) man checking us in didn't go the extra mile...didn't explain that if we want beach chairs, we can rent them. Most of the staff were obviously not happy to be there; Patrick was the one exception, wish everyone else was like that.

Wireless Internet was useless, unless you go down to the lobby or pool.

Speaking of the pool, the tables there are used by the bar for seating, but according to the front desk, those are owned by the hotel. Not enough chairs at the pool...beach is busy during the day, looks like folks staying off the beach get parking passes for the Litchfield lot and use the beach, so it was busier than I would expect in a quieter, non Myrtl Beach area.

Part of the issue here is that the individual units are owned by different owners. I guess the condo idea has hit the hotel market here...

We disliked this so much, we moved hotels to the Hampton around the corner, for the same price.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding our hotel. We are disappointed to hear all of the things that did not meet your expectations and we are making note of all of them. These are definitely things that we will work on and improve to make sure that each of our guest are able to enjoy every part of our facility without so many hiccups.

Hopefully we can encourage you to try our facility again, even if you don't love the beach, Pawley's have great golfing right around the corner.
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2009

So we decided to give the Litchfield Inn another try and were disappointed, yet again. After driving 14 hours and having only 1 yearly vacation, I REALLY needed relaxation and couldn't wait to get there. The rooms were truly awful, maybe not all of them, but the one's we were in while visiting were hidious.
We stayed in the tower, and we were shocked of how run-down it looks, shingles missing and mold everywhere. The elevator was so hot inside that we decided to use the stairs to prevent a heat stroke, oh and the elevator is very slow if it's working at all.
The door to the room was bent and needed an extra push/ pull to open or close.
The bathroom had mold around the ceiling and bathtub. There was mold on the sliding door which, by the way, was impossible for me to open.
We don't need much when taking a beach vacation, but folks (!) I am really having an issue with the fact that we are paying so much money for a place that is so dirty and run down. I don't live like this but then go on vaca. and pay a fortune to stay in a dump- and that's just not right.
We did not stay the whole time in the Litchfield Inn due to the before mentioned issues. We packed our bags and drove down to Georgetown ( 15 min. drive) and stayed at the Hampton Inn,( which cost 40% less and serves an awesome breakfast :)) . The front desk ladies at the Hampton Inn were exceptionally nice, the rooms were very clean, dry, no mold, and we were happy.
I wish the Litchfield Inn the best, but it is really run down and needs a serious facelift. The countless complaints from first time customers and us returning guests seem to fall on deaf ears by management. The excuse that each room is individually owned is getting old. How about charging less money for the unrenovated rooms?
THe only good thing about this place is the beach. It's truly nice and right outside your window.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We are very sorry to hear about your recent experiences at our facility.

I encourage the writer of the review to contact management to discuss their stay in person. I can assure you that your complaints never fall on deaf ears, as management has recently changed hands and their interest is to make this hotel beautiful again.

We are currently in works to upgrade/update the tower that is an obvious eye sore. We are excited about what this will do to the outside look of the Inn.

I
The Inlet Sports Lodge
The Inlet Sports Lodge
#2 of 6 in Murrells Inlet
Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club

Been to Oceanfront Litchfield Inn? Share your experiences!