The location of this property is very quiet and non commercial, we have been coming here for three years on both long weekends and full vacations, it is not crowded and very relaxing, these are the main reasons we have continued to come back. However, the rooms have never been very appealing or clean, after three visits to room 115 we finally decided to try another room, we went online, read the review of room 122 and then called the hotel to inquire if the room was as described on their website they assured us that it was so we booked it 6 weeks in advance. when we arrived we were not greeted warmly and were treated as we were bothering the front desk staff, we got our room keys and went to the room 122, as we entered we saw immediately that the room had not been renovated, we were told both by the website and the staff that we called that the room was a renovated room with hardwood floors, it was not. The floors were tile and the carpet needed to be changed, two tiles were broken and the appliances which included a mini fridge were rusted badly. Our screens on our porch were loose and the sliding glass door did not close all the way, we called the front desk and they told us that the description of hardwood floors and other upgrades were in their internet description but they did not know why the room had not been updated. They did offer us another room but none fit our needs so we stayed. We were given a welcome letter when we arrived which included a promise of excellent service and anticipation of our needs, none of this happened. The letter stated that they had a list of 4th of July fireworks for the area at the front desk, when I requested this list they women behind the desk told me that she was aware of no list and that she could not help me, she was the one who checked us in and was not very helpful at that time either. the next morning I stopped by the front desk to let the manager know how our stay was going sense we had four days left, when I asked for him Sandra which is someone that I had not had contact with yet immediately had an attitude with me and nearly refused to get the manager, this just gave me one more example of the awful service to report. When the manager arrived he listens to my feedback which was given to him in a very calm manner and he apologized and then tried to offer an excuse as to why they had no clue how to service their vacationing guest. I doubt we will be back as we are looking to not get stressed on our vacations, I hope that this helps in your decision.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classic South Carolina Oceanfront Resort. The hotel is situated on quiet and serene Litchfield Beach, yet only minutes from faster paced Myrtle Beach. Are attractions include Caledonia Golf and Fish Club, Brookgreen Gardens and Pawleys Plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Oceanfront Litchfield Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island
- The Litchfield Hotel
- Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island