Oceanfront Litchfield Inn
  • Pool
Rodeway Inn(Pawleys Island)
Brookwood Motel(Murrells Inlet)
  • Pool
The Inlet Sports Lodge(Murrells Inlet)
1,937 results
All reviewscabana cafetower roomcontinental breakfastmyrtle beachpoolside roomscreened in porchon sitefirst floorgreat beachocean viewyogurtget awaylove this placerocking chairsnice roomoff seasonbeach vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2010

The location of this property is very quiet and non commercial, we have been coming here for three years on both long weekends and full vacations, it is not crowded and very relaxing, these are the main reasons we have continued to come back. However, the rooms have never been very appealing or clean, after three visits to room 115 we finally decided to try another room, we went online, read the review of room 122 and then called the hotel to inquire if the room was as described on their website they assured us that it was so we booked it 6 weeks in advance. when we arrived we were not greeted warmly and were treated as we were bothering the front desk staff, we got our room keys and went to the room 122, as we entered we saw immediately that the room had not been renovated, we were told both by the website and the staff that we called that the room was a renovated room with hardwood floors, it was not. The floors were tile and the carpet needed to be changed, two tiles were broken and the appliances which included a mini fridge were rusted badly. Our screens on our porch were loose and the sliding glass door did not close all the way, we called the front desk and they told us that the description of hardwood floors and other upgrades were in their internet description but they did not know why the room had not been updated. They did offer us another room but none fit our needs so we stayed. We were given a welcome letter when we arrived which included a promise of excellent service and anticipation of our needs, none of this happened. The letter stated that they had a list of 4th of July fireworks for the area at the front desk, when I requested this list they women behind the desk told me that she was aware of no list and that she could not help me, she was the one who checked us in and was not very helpful at that time either. the next morning I stopped by the front desk to let the manager know how our stay was going sense we had four days left, when I asked for him Sandra which is someone that I had not had contact with yet immediately had an attitude with me and nearly refused to get the manager, this just gave me one more example of the awful service to report. When the manager arrived he listens to my feedback which was given to him in a very calm manner and he apologized and then tried to offer an excuse as to why they had no clue how to service their vacationing guest. I doubt we will be back as we are looking to not get stressed on our vacations, I hope that this helps in your decision.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mckjayson
lfiwayne, Manager at Oceanfront Litchfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2010

Thank You for taking the time in completing this survey. i am very sorry that you encountered the problems that you did. I have personally taken your review and passed it on to each department head to show them the areas in which we need to approve. I am glad to see that you are a repeat guest and understand that this is not typical. We are currently in the process of making some much needed improvements with both the property and the staff. I would like to welcome you back to the Oceanfront Litchfield Inn to show you the improvements that we are making and the goals we have for the future. I think you will be pleased. Thank You again!

Reviewed 5 July 2010

Upon arrival they did not show our reservation. One hour later still looking for our reservatin they accomodated us to a room... They asked it if woudl be billed on the same credi card!! Funny how they could find our credi card but could not find our reservation. Spoke to the general manager the following date and thought he woudl be more than accodating when we discovered we were not even staying in the room we reserved and were being billed for the full price for a less expensive room... Discovered upon check out the general manager gave the best lip service..that's all he gave us because we sure paid full price for our room... Room was Dirty, Carpets were nasty; someone's urine was behind the commonde; something was dripping from the cabinets; and best yet the slidding glass door lock was broken. It appeared someone tried to break in via the slidding glass entrance. I have stayed in 100's of hotels in my lifetime and this without a doubt was the biggest disappointment ever. And to think this was our 29th wedding anniversary celebration. Thanks Litchfield Inn for a disappointing weekend. If it wasn't for my good spirited husband I would have made a scene no one would have forgotten... You think the fireworks were loud...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank susandriver
Reviewed 3 July 2010

I made a reservation online at the last minute to stay july 3rd-5th. They called today to say they were overbooked. I am so mad because the car was packed and we were just about to leave. The kids are heartbroken. I guess it was too good to be true to get a room last minute. We were going to come to the fly over and the kids where excited about it as my husband is deployed overseas. We made a banner and everything. It was also my birthday so needless to say this is the worst ever! I will never book with them again b/c who knows what would happen if we had gotten there with no place to stay. Fix your computer!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank palmetto41

I am very sorry that you encountered the problem in which you did. We try very hard to keep this from happening. I am proud to say that we are currently in the process of updating our property to a new computer system that will have a 2 way interface directly with our website that will show real-time availabilty, I would love to personally welcome you back on your next visit to our Oceanfront Litchfield Inn so I may ensure that you and your family are treated fairly.

Reviewed 28 June 2010

The only thing I can say is Gross Dirty mold bugs filth everywhere we did not stay when we saw our room we went to the office and they showed us three more rooms just as bad as the first at least they did not make us pay for the week we went to anoher hotel and stayed I would not want anyone to have to stay in that place so please don't make the same mistake we did the pictures on the internet are not what you get This place is very very nasty;

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

I am sorry that you encountered the problems in which you were faced. I assure you that we have some very nice rooms here on property and we are currently working very hard with the individual homeowners to get the rooms that are in less than great shape up to where they need to be so we can bring this classic beach resort back to where it needs to be. We take these reports and we use them as training tools with all departments to make things better. I understand your feelings but wouid like to personally welcome you back on your next visit to the area so I may show you some of the great improvements that we are working on. Thank You

Reviewed 23 June 2010

I was traveling with teenagers who just graduated from high school. We had a suite which had everything we needed. We comfortably had 11 people sleeping in beds/couches. We were kindly greeted with friendly staff; which accommodated our every need in person as well as over the phone as we booked the trip. I will recommend this place to friends and family and in the future, stay at this hotel. We enjoyed the location; having restaurants and stores near by. The hotel was clean and properly maintained. The housekeeping was spectacular ( I felt bad because the woman came to clean the hotel room and I told her she didn't need too-- with 11 teenagers, it was going to be a mess in 5 minutes anyways ;-) ) The view from the room was beautiful and watching the sunset/rise from our screened in porch rocked! By far the best hotel I have ever stayed at! Especially in the price range-- was very inexpensive, stayed 2 nights and was definitely in the budget.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
lfiwayne, Manager at Oceanfront Litchfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2010

Thank You for your kind words. We are working very hard to provide excellent customer service to each and everyone of our guests. We have some work to do, and we continue to train and educate our staff on issues that come up from both good and bad reviews here. We would like welcome you back on your next visit to the Grand Strand area. Thank You again.