Stayed for 3 days recently in room 629. No complaints on the room except for a broken handle on the sliding door. The exterior of the hotel definitely shows its age but our room was fine. There do appear to be rooms (not in the tower) that really appear old and worn. My fault is with the service. After our arrival the room was never cleaned. We got fresh towels after a visit to the office after 5pm. The "excuse" was they kept having to clean rooms where they were overbooked from Expedia and having to keep moving people around which doesn't sound right to me. The next day maid service came before lunch time but again it was just fresh towels. The bed was never made up, the floors never swept and the bathroom never cleaned.
The best thing is the location. It is away from the heavy traffic of Myrtle Beach. The beach was not mobbed because all that is in this area are rental houses. No other hotels or multi-story condo units in the vicinity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classic South Carolina Oceanfront Resort. The hotel is situated on quiet and serene Litchfield Beach, yet only minutes from faster paced Myrtle Beach. Are attractions include Caledonia Golf and Fish Club, Brookgreen Gardens and Pawleys Plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oceanfront Litchfield Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island
- The Litchfield Hotel
- Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island