The Oceanfront Litchfield Inn
Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort(Pawleys Island)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$115
Best Western Pawleys Island(Pawleys Island)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$125
BestWestern.com
Rodeway Inn(Pawleys Island)
US$65
Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield(Pawleys Island)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$176
US$106
US$83
Travelocity
  • Pool
The Inlet Sports Lodge(Murrells Inlet)
US$181
US$99
Travelocity
US$114
US$101
QualityInn
Hampton Inn Georgetown - Marina(Georgetown)(Great Value!)
US$165
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,953 results
All reviewscabana cafetower roomcontinental breakfastmyrtle beachpoolside roomscreened in porchon sitefirst floorgreat beachocean viewyogurtget awaylove this placerocking chairsnice roomoff seasonbeach vacation
Reviewed 30 July 2010

We went to the facility with some reservations, due to others past ratings on trip advisor. After arriving, we were treated very well by the front desk staff. We had several opportunities to contact the front desk with requests (hair dryer, extra sheets, etc) and were always treated with respect and appreciation. The room itself (350) was perfect. We were very happy with it (no ocean view or balcony, but we didn't pay for either of those). It was close enough to be a short walk to the pool, the beach, or the restaurant. The only thing to keep in mind is that they don't have elevators in the section we were in and those suitcases get awfully heavy. All in all it was a great experience and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
lfiwayne, Manager at The Oceanfront Litchfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2010

Thank you for your kind review. We are working very hard to make the proper changes needed to get this classic beach resort back to where it needs to be so we can have more and more happy guest like youself. I would like to welcome you and your family back on your next vacation so we may enlighten you as to the improvements that we have made. Thank You again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2010

First of all, the pictures they have on their website doesn' t look like nothing i ' ve seen over there. I thought i was staying in a 80s hotel. The room smelled like bleach when we first got in and then later as the day went by was smelling like straight mildew. The sheet on the bed had blood stain from I don' t know where. The phone was not working and did not get fix until 2 days later. the only reason why we stayed was because of our kids. they got so excited about the beach and loved pawleys island. And to top it off, their service sucked. It was so " ghetto". Concierge won' t acknowledge you. Brief, folks don' t stay there. Instead, check out lithcfiled resort and beach, it is in the same location and way better. I will be staying there next time.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
lfiwayne, Manager at The Oceanfront Litchfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2010

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear about the problems in which you encountered here at the Oceanfront Litchfield Inn. We are a classic beach resort getting ready to celebrate our 50th anniversary. We are working very hard to improve in areas in which we have addressed in each invidually owned room so we can back to where we need to be. I wonder if you stayed here with us as we do not employee a concierge and we are not located beside the Litchfield Beach and Golf Club. They are a couple of miles north of us on hwy 17. I would, however, love to welcome you here at the property upon your next return to the Grand Strand so I may show you the improvements that we will be making. Thank You again.

Reviewed 17 July 2010

Stayed for 3 days recently in room 629. No complaints on the room except for a broken handle on the sliding door. The exterior of the hotel definitely shows its age but our room was fine. There do appear to be rooms (not in the tower) that really appear old and worn. My fault is with the service. After our arrival the room was never cleaned. We got fresh towels after a visit to the office after 5pm. The "excuse" was they kept having to clean rooms where they were overbooked from Expedia and having to keep moving people around which doesn't sound right to me. The next day maid service came before lunch time but again it was just fresh towels. The bed was never made up, the floors never swept and the bathroom never cleaned.

The best thing is the location. It is away from the heavy traffic of Myrtle Beach. The beach was not mobbed because all that is in this area are rental houses. No other hotels or multi-story condo units in the vicinity.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
lfiwayne, Manager at The Oceanfront Litchfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2010

I am happy to know that you had a good room in unit 629. I do hope that the problem with the sliding glass door was taken care of. We take all responses very seriously and use them as training tools, working very hard to ensure that problems like the ones in which you encountered do not happen again in the future. There is no excuse for some of the issues like you encountered. Moving forward, I would like to personally WELCOME you back to the Oceanfront Litchfield Inn upon your next visit the Grand Strand and show you what we have improved on.

Reviewed 15 July 2010

We booked this room in advance-a "deluxe 2 bdrm villa". We did arrive early after a 12 hour drive and were told that check-in was at 4pm. Well, 4pm came and went, and each time we went to the front desk, they told us to come back in 15 minutes! By 5:30, there were at LEAST 10 other people in the front lobby, all waiting for their rooms to be "cleaned". If check out time is 11am, why is the room still not ready at 5pm?? We actually went over to the room and walked in and I tipped the maids so that we could start bringing our bags into the room--otherwise, who knows how long we would have waited?? Otherwise, the trip was uneventful and the room was really great--hardwood floors, updated bedrooms, a full kitchen! The pool bar did have live music but we never tried the food. Some of the front desk personnel need to take classes on customer service. I would only recommend this hotel if you get one of the upgraded rooms!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for your report on your stay. I am sorry for the troubles that you encountered with your check in process and the problems with our front desk staff. We take these reports and we use them as training tools and I have past this report over to both department heads for review. I am glad to hear that everything else during your vacation with us here at the Litchfield Inn was to your satisfaction. I would like to personally welcome you back to the Litchfield inn on your next visit to the area so we may provide you with better service.

Reviewed 13 July 2010

M 15 yr old son and I stayed the last part of 4rth of July week and even booked at the last minute. We did not have a private balcony but we still had a view and the room was very clean and comfortable. The beach and the Cabana bar were awesome..best burger I ever had. This was our second time staying here and plan on booking early for next year, we love it!