We took a chance on this place because the reviews were all over the place, but trust me the bad ones were on the mark. When we checked we were told the room we had reserved (oceanfront suite, or something like that) was not available because the staff did not enter our reservation that was booked thru a travel site so we were down graded to the best available even after being charged for the higher priced room.
This room (359) was a total nightmare and I am no hotel snob. It smelled of mildew, the beds seemed to be 1000 years old and the windows did not open. Also believe it or not there was no smoke detector in the room. It appeared as if someone had ripped it from the wall.
The bathroom was tiny and I am not sure if even the best of cleaning crews could have brought it back to life. Parking was also difficult and we ended up parking in a no parking zone. Noise was not really a factor as we were in a end unit and I do not think anyone was next door.
I can not believe a place like Litchfied Beach would have such lousy accommodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classic South Carolina Oceanfront Resort. The hotel is situated on quiet and serene Litchfield Beach, yet only minutes from faster paced Myrtle Beach. Are attractions include Caledonia Golf and Fish Club, Brookgreen Gardens and Pawleys Plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Oceanfront Litchfield Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island
- The Litchfield Hotel
- Litchfield Hotel Pawleys Island