Sea View Inn
Hampton Inn Pawleys Island - Litchfield(Pawleys Island)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$176
Best Western Pawleys Island(Pawleys Island)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$89
BestWestern.com
Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort(Pawleys Island)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$80
Rodeway Inn(Pawleys Island)
US$65
US$56
RodewayInn
Oceanfront Litchfield Inn(Pawleys Island)(Great Value!)
US$135
Travelocity
US$61
Travelocity
  • Pool
The Inlet Sports Lodge(Murrells Inlet)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$79
Hotels.com
US$124
US$103
Hampton Inn Georgetown - Marina(Georgetown)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$132
Hampton.com
All reviewsthree meals a dayno cell phonesno air conditioningevery summerlove this placebyobgenerationsbeach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2009

My family has stayed at Sea View Inn every summer for 40 years. I started going with my parents and siblings as a very young boy, and now I take my wife and children each summer. It is a place where families can enjoy each other's company without the distractions of everyday life. No phones, no TVs, no video games. Instead, guests and families play board games or cards, read books, engage in serious and not-so-serious discussions, crab off the creek dock, enjoy ocean breezes on the front porch, and play on the beautiful beach. Is it rustic? Absolutely. But that's part of the charm of Sea View Inn. It's comfortable, not pretentious. It's warm and inviting, not off-putting and cold. The food is great, Lowcountry fare served by a dedicated staff who are like an extended family to us. You won't leave Sea View Inn hungry! We go to the Gulf Coast beaches fairly often, but the only place my children talk about year-round is Sea View Inn. The week before going they can hardly sleep because they're so excited, and they inevitably cry when the dreaded day comes to leave their beloved Sea View. That should tell you all you need to know about this wonderful place.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2009

I've been coming to Pawley's Island for 50+ years and I've taken my son who is now 20 to the Sea View Inn for his entire lifetime. He STILL loves it and can't wait to go back every year during children's week! Sea View epitomizes the way "going to the beach" meant to me when I was growing up....family, friends (many of the same people come back at the same time every year who we consider our "beach family"), easy going, fabulous ocean breezes, wonderful food, a terrific staff that we all love, and lots and lots of beach, books, walks and naps!
Busy, working, stressed-out moms.....be prepared to be spoiled rotten!! No kidding! This is a paradise for you!
I would warn that this is not a place for anyone wanting to experience "The Ritz" at the beach. It's truly for those who love being barefoot and fancy free.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2009

For foureen years my daughters and I have spent a week of uncomplicated, stress-free, splendid togetherness at Sea View Inn. It's time we cherish, leaving our busy lives behind and stepping into the welcomed simplicity of unpretentious hospitality. For one glorious week, we are cared for by Frances, Mary, and the entire wonderful staff, savor incredible Low Country meals, and revel in our room where the ocean breeze and sound is a constant. All of this in an impossibly beautiful, unspoiled beach paradise. Along the way, we have made many friends from across the country, read books, played games, and spent precious, unplugged time together. I'm grateful to Brian and Sassy for their expert management and preservation of Sea View's unique atmosphere- their request that cell phone calls be made in the parking area is such a gift! Sea View embodies the truest meaning of "vacation"- we are counting the weeks!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2009

i found the sea view inn by chance. Ineeded to get away from it all for a week and I found sea view listed under B&B's and decided to give it a try.. That was 10 years ago and my granddaughter and I have been going for one week in June ever since!!!! it i a delightful beach house located right on the beaches of the Atlantic with miles of beach to walk. The staff is ,with out a doubt ,one of the best I have ever come accross, with Francis towing the line on both staff and quest. There is no request too great. for the ladies who take care of us for that week. Brian and Sassy, who are the owners, treat you like family with their southern hospitalty. The low country cooking is the best. I could go on about the Sea View forever, and am so grateful that I found it and for the friends I have made there in these last 10 years. I rate it 10 stars !!!! Janet and Eleanor

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2009

We have been coming to the Sea View Inn for about 30 years, sometimes several times a year It is such a unique spot. We love the quiet, "getaway from it all" existence
here. We meet new friends and see old friends. There is always a interesting mix of people staying here and some folks come back each week year after year. I have come by myself several times when my husband couldn't get away and felt very comfortable with the Sea View "family". I love sitting in the rocking chairs or in the hammock on the front porch, reading, meditating, talking, or watching the sun come up, or a storm out at sea, or the moonlight dancing on the water. I love watching the dolphins and the Pawleys Island Air Force (the brown pelicans) patrolling the beach.
Brian and Sassy Henry, who own the Sea View, are so gracious as are all their staff, most of whom have been there for years and are like family to us. The three meals a day are wonderful and my husband says the only thing he HAS to do is be in front of the dining room door when the bells ring at 830AM, 115PM and 615PM. My very favorite meal is the Crab Divine for dinner on Sunday.
The ocean breezes and the sounds of the waves make sleeping a totally relaxing experience and I like to get up at first light and take my orange juice to the front porch to greet the new day. At the end of the day, I like to sit on the dock with a cup of tea and watch the sun setting over the creek.
We have brought our children to Sea View and now are bringing our grandchildren and they all love it as much as we do. Our son-in-law is impressed with the pancakes for dessert after breakfast (you must save room for them) In 2007 we brought the whole family- 10 of us down for Thanksgiving and it was lots of fun to share that dinner with 65 other new and old friends. There were a lot of warm feelings and love in the dining room that day.
The Sea View Inn is a special place. It's where the "real world" is, on Pawleys Island, South Carolina.

and felt so comfortable with the Sea View "family". We love sitting on the porch, in the rocking chairs, or in the hammock: reading, meditating, talking, watching the sun come up, or a storm out at sea, or the moon light dancing on the water.
We love watching the dolphins, and the Pawleys Island air force( the brown pelicans)
patroling the beach.
Brian and Sassy Henry are so gracious as are the rest of the staff. Most of them have been at the Sea View for many years and they are like our family. The 3 meals a day are the best and my husband says the only thing he HAS to do is be in front of the dining room door when the bells ring at 830A, 115P and 615P.
The Ocean breezes coming through the open windows along with the sound of the waves makes sleeping a totally relaxing experience, and I like to get up at first light and take my orange juice to the porch to greet the new day. I'm not a coffee drinker.
We've taken our children to the Sea View and now our grandchildren are coming also and all love it as much as we do. Our son-in-law is particularly inpressed with the pancakes for dessert at breakfast(you must save enough room for them ).
The Sea View Inn is very special to us and 2 years ago we went there for Thanksgiving,all 10 of us. It was fun sharing that special dinner with about 65 other new and old friends. There were a lot of warm feelings and love in the dining room that day..

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple