“Made Wife's Birthday Dinner Memorable”

Perrone's Restaurant and Bar
Price range: US$11 - US$38
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Menu is world cuisine with a Mediterranean focus. Craft cocktail bar with a ridiculous liquor selection. 100+ beers. Incredible wine list. In-house aged usda prime beef. Sous vide cooking. Separate Tapas and small plates menu from around the world. Fresh proteins, not frozen. Local fish and beef, wild only salmon in season (NO FARM RAISED FISH!). Berkshire and Iberico pork. Organic, all natural, no growth hormones, no additives. Many gluten free choices.
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Sheryl waited on us and did a great job of discussing options with us. Head chef was a little abrupt in refusing to alter the 'profile' of the wild mushroom appetizer so our son, who's allergic to dairy, could order it, but I give him a pass on that because the food really was excellent. Sheryl helped us find alternatives our son enjoyed. I can excuse a little chef snootiness if he can prove his or her merit and that definitely applied. Great libation list to go with the food, which is almost all done sous-vide. I ordered the lobster risotto and it was a lusciously creamy delight. Wife had scallop soufflé and daughter ordered 96 hour beef short rib, both of which I stole tasty bites. Escargot and eggrolls for appetizers, Whistlepig rye, pinot noir, Delirium Tremens and Orval ale to wash it all down and truly delicious desserts with a glass of port. Now I'm hungry again! Maybe a little drunk too...

Reviewed 27 June 2014

we called and asked about the menu. the chef said he would cook my filet sous vide if thats what i wanted. when i got to the restaurant he had it on my table cooking for me. showing off. i loved it. the fliet pulled apart with my fork. my wife had the special for the night a local grouper sous vide with butter poached shrimp. we tried to lick our plates clean lol. it was so so good. its a must try!!!!!!!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Wonderful food and service. Will definitely go back, highly recomended! Excellent appetizers. Unique food preparation style - food is good with nice presentation. Fine for children too.

1  Thank travelnm0m
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Wow! We ate dinner here one night and were super impressed with the menu, the service, the food, and all! A couple of days later, we heard someone suggest trying them for lunch, so we did --- the Reuben is to die for!!! The leanest, tastiest corned beef I've ever had! It was superb! And the duck fat fries were heavenly! The only "bad" thing is that we couldn't eat all of it! :)
We come to Litchfield a couple of times a year and are happy to add this to the top of our rotation of must-do dining spots! Thanks, Perrone's for two awesome meals! I'm looking forward to many more!

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Comfortable parking

Hostess is friendly and attentive.
Music selection was groovy

Really nice bar area and cool Art Deco seats. The checkered floor is a plus to the ambiance.

Fortunate if me I got to meet the owner.

Bar tender was helpful and friendly

The food. Great selections.
Wine list was extensive.