“The PIT from a Local”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The PIT is not fine dining but is a great spot once you find it. Really laid back, island atmosphere. I eat there at least once a week. The atmosphere is really funky and fun. Good live entertainment at night. It is mostly a lunch place for me and I think it is the best lunch in the area. Everything is good but I'd go for the crab cakes (best on the coast), crayfish quesadilla or burger. The pizzas are also very good.
Service is friendly and welcoming - a good place for kids at lunch. This is a classic Dinners, Drive-Ins, and Dives sort of spot. Just good food in a really friendly, local atmosphere. They do have outdoor seating.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Great value!
Fun, place to dine, inside or out! Even better when the music is playing.
If you come to Pawleys Island and you are near the Island Shops
Rt 17 behind Spa Sera,
Look for the mailbox that says PIT and follow the dirt road.....

Reviewed 9 April 2014

About five years ago, we began a yearly vacation to Pawley's and this tavern was recommended to us. Now, it is a "must" every visit. Very casual atmosphere, friendly service, good food, and it's interesting to look at the hundreds of dollar bills wallpapering the restaurant. People come here from all over. We usually have 7 to 12 people in our party and none has ever complained about their meal.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We read about this place on line and it's uniqueness appealed to us. We didn't expect to find really good food - just a decent burger. Were we ever pleasantly surprised! First of all, it was a shock to arrive a little after 6 on a Sunday evening and find the parking lot almost full! We were fortunate to get a table right away and decided to try the featured starter of the evening, okra in a tomato sauce over a black eye pea patty. My husband and I shared that and it was amazing. We both went for burgers - he for the psycho and me for the burger and bleu. They were delicious, perfectly cooked, and even thought the psycho was a bit overwhelming, my husband enjoyed every bite. Our waiter was excellent - friendly and attentive. Needless to say, there was no room for dessert. Perhaps next time. This is a great place off the beaten path. Highly recommended for casual dining

1  Thank spaqueen_9
Reviewed 14 March 2014

After hearing that their pizza was so great, we tried it. I can't speak for the rest of their food, but the pizza was not to my liking. Soggy crust and lousy sauce. Unique atmosphere.