“2 Words....... Crab Nachos”
Review of Chive Blossom

Chive Blossom
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
NJ
“2 Words....... Crab Nachos”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

When visiting Myrtle Beach I like to dine out at the best restaurants. Chive Blossom is definitely up there. I made a reservation with ease and was greeted at the door with a warm welcome and shown to our table right away. There is plenty to choose from on the menu with daily specials as well. We ordered the Crab Nachos as an appetizer. This dish was simply out of this world. I would have been completely satisfied if it were the only thing that I had eaten. I had the Mahi Mahi. It was delicious but the amount of food in one dish was a bit overwhelming. I took half of it home. I loved the fresh vegetables on the side. My friend had the crab cakes. I have to say, they weren't my favorite. They were full of lump crabmeat but had a lemon flavor that I did not enjoy. The lobster mashed potato side would have been delicious if it were not cold.
All in all, Chive Blossom was very satisfying.
There is a beautiful outdoor dining area on the property.

5 Thank MCKNJ

pawleys
“Rare treat!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Ok, I had to stop in again before leaving the area. What a tremendously great time (again!)
I ordered the she crab soup -sip and it was wonderful. I then ordered the soft shelled crab special. It had way too much vinegar for me - BUT WAIT...
They took them away, gave me the oysters rock and then REFUSED to charge me for either! Yes, you read that correctly. They would not charge me for the oysters rock OR the crab!

Amazing. Can not say enough good things about this place. Truly a gem not to be missed!

5 Thank sontraveler
webster, United States
“Cheers for chive blossom”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Friends on Tampa suggested chive blossom and we followed up. A great place. A bit noisy with ladies chatter. She crab soup was best best ever. Service prompt and efficient. Sorry we did not have time to revisit.

4 Thank Diane V
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Glad we took the time to dine here”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The last night of our visit to this area we tried Chive Blossom. It was our first time here but the other three couples in our party were very familiar with it. Extremely innovative dinner fare without being too far out. Our waiter was excellent. There was a somewhat excessive delay between getting our menus and placing our orders. This was probably necessary to smooth out the workload on the kitchen, considering how crowded the place was. Impressively, all our meals came out simultaneously. Presentation of the meals was very eye-appealing. Seating was just a little cramped, but the quality of the cuisine was exceptional. Good value but not inexpensive.

2 Thank Sam S
Charleston, South Carolina
“Friends Were On the Money Here ! ! !”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

As soon a s we would mentioned we were Going to Brookgreen Gardens in Pawleys Island four different friends suggested Chive Blossom. So Chive Blossom it was ! ! ! We were not disappointed with their prompts either. In a quaint informal setting that appeared to be frequented by the local population we devoured a fantastic Lunch before heading to the Gardens. After scanning the menu I opted for the Okra Pancakes covered in Lowcountry tomato-shrimp stew. Didn't have a clue what it would be like and would definitely order it again. One of the others was more than satisfied with the Fried Seafood Sampler with hand cut fries, lemon dill tartar, drunken cocktail sauce. The Angus Burger applewood smoked bacon, fontina cheese, carmelized onions, roasted mushrooms on grilled ciabatta bread, served with hand cut fries was the choice of another. And the last selection was the Lump Crab Quiche roasted red peppers, baby swiss, petite garden salad. All four plates were clean when we finished.

• Visited April 2014