“Very Good!”

True Blue Golf Resort
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This resort is very nice and quiet. Clean accommodation and surroundings. Small but clean pool, kids loved it. Televisions in every room is a plus with ample room for everybody. You can also wash and dry your clothes which is great. Complete with kitchen wares and a patio at the back. Good firm beds and strong AC. We had everything we needed and more!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Wendell D

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had 12 people staying in two 3 bedroom condos. The area was nice but the rooms are starting to show their age. The reason for being blue sometimes was the sleeping accommodations. I am 6'2" and if I sat on the end of the bed it would flip straight up. This is a golfing destination and all the rooms aren't meant for full size adults. Also the internet connection was weak and you had to be in the right place for it to work. I would have used the pool except you had to get a pass from the office with a deposit to enter. The office was usually closed by the time we returned each day so that was out. If they would have let me know up front I would have included that in my booking. Otherwise the golf package was great.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank joe651
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Now we both know why the northerners are leaving CT-NY-NJ for SC. Low taxes- southern hospitality - great food - a totally different lifestyle. Why work when there is so much to do from sunrise to sunset and not duplicate what was done today.

Come on down to the low country for a year long vacation

Karen and Rich

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Rich D
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We have been staying in Myrtle Beach for golf holidays for over 10 years. We decided to try to find accomodations on the south Strand as we have found the quality of the courses to be better in the area. We found our 3 bedroom condo looking directly at the 4th green of True Blue to be in excellant condition. It was clean, well furnished with 3 televisions and a fully stocked kitchen. We had booked and paid for a 2 bedroom condo but were given a 3 bedroom. Our only issue was an almost complete lack of options with dining and night time activities. The almost 30 minute drive to Myrtle Beach and an assumed huge cab fare meant night after night of watching TV and going to bed very early. Great condo, outstanding golf courses, lack of night time options.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kevin T
Reviewed 18 February 2013

In 2011 me and my then fiance stayed here. He reserved the room for us and I was a little skeptical I must say due to the price and pictures. The price was fairly cheap and unbeatable as far as the pictures the unit's had been updated since the online photo's were taken. They had been painted and landscaped. Upon arrival we had difficulties locating the office and keys to the room. They have special instructions for a after hours drop box. The instructions are very unclear. By the way be sure to bring something to ward off the mosquito's they are awful in this area. The office staff were kind of professional and a little unfriendly. I guess this is a trend with customer service these days. Overall the room made up for it all. This places was like a home away from home. The owner (Ron) kept the place up you could really tell. It was nicely laid out and had modern decor and appliances. We went shopping and barely left our place the whole while. It had full sized appliances and everything that you needed pots, pans, detergent, utensils, wireless internet and even a beautiful screened in porch. I would stay there again if I could request his place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kandria
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I was part of the second foursome on J.P Brazeau group ( review avail) and upfront please note that I was not on a condo appreciation trip but a golf vacation trip. Before we moved on the second day we were housed in condo 3 c where we were treated with free roaches races...then on to condo 28 i the place was filthy,both bathroom very dirty and most of the furniture (beds & chairs) in poor condition. Sorry but you folks failed to provide the minimum! I'll stay away !

However must state that the golf courses visited provided us with superb treatment, courses in excellent condition and staff very courteous and helpful ( Caledonia, True Blue, Founders, Pawleys Plantation, TPC, Heritage ) will replay any day!!

Room Tip: A condo on the third floor is not the best option
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Jacques L
Reviewed 28 November 2012

My name is JP Brazeau and I had reserved two condos (two bedrooms) for 8 golfers from the 8th of Nov to the 16th 2012. As stated we are a group of eight and have been playing golf in Myrtle Beach for many years and for the past 5 yrs have been living in condo/villa to get away from the big hotels.
I booked True Blue because we were playing the courses on the south strand. Because some golfers are business men they need access to the Internet and I personally called True Blue and was guaranteed that Wi-Fi was in all units.

Upon our arrival Tracy at the reception centre gave us our condo keys and the password for the Internet. We quickly unpacked and did some groceries. We then tried the Internet and NO SERVICE. I called Tracy at the reception centre and she advised that our file did not indicate a requirement for the Internet and that our BUILDING did not have Internet facilities. WHY THEN GIVE US A PASSWORD UPON REGISTRATION.
We requested to change condos which was done the next day and to a 3 bedroom . Good
Our condo was not to clean (28h) we had no toaster, 2 drinking glasses for 4 adults,no wine glasses and a coffe pot that required supervision in order to work properly.
I called reception and the young lady that answered my call took care of things very quickly and professionnaly (this was on a Saturday)
We were very disappointed with True Blue and will not stay there again n'or will I recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Best Western Pawleys Island
Best Western Pawleys Island
#4 of 6 in Pawleys Island
Ellington at Wachesaw Plantation East

Been to True Blue Golf Resort? Share your experiences!