“God's artwork”

Table Rock State Park
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Pickens
More attraction details
Owner description: State Park featuring trails and the significant Cherokee landmark, Table Rock Mountain.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“God's artwork”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The hiking trails were very well marked. I took the Carrick Creek trail and a couple of others. The ranger's station was well stocked and the employees there were very patient and kind.

Anderson, South Carolina
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Beautiful place - lots to do”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Table Rock State Park is beautiful - especially in the fall. If you go, be sure to drive through the entire park. The trees are beautiful. If you are a hiker, there are two trails - one to the top of Table Rock and one to Pinnacle Mountain. I hiked to the top of Table Rock when I was younger. It was a beautiful hike. If you are not able to do the long hike, you can hike as far as you feel like and return. Or, hike around the lake. In the summer, you can swim in the lake.

Charleston, South Carolina
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Good hiking”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

There are several trails, but the one to choose if you only do one is the Table Rock trail. The trail is very strenuous. If you have bad knees this isn't for you. In the fall watch where you are walking because copperheads are out and well camouflaged in the leaves.

Georgia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Good for hiking and tent camping”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The family went hiking as I am disabled. I'll comment on the park as much as I saw it. Swimming beach on the lake was closed as it is off season. The campground was full in part due to two events. One was Music on The Mountain, a bluegrass jam season held monthly at the Table Rock Lodge. Local musicians are invited to come out, bring their acoustical instruments and play along. The jam sessions are free of charge and are held second Saturday each month except October when it is on a Friday night. The second event was the Clemson University football (American style) game. I mention this in case you are planning on a campout and want to avoid a crowded campground, or need to reserve, using their reservation system, a campsite.
If you are pulling a long camping trailer, I suggest not using sites 23 - 53 in Loop A. That portion of the loop has very tight turns, trees rather close together at the campsites for backing in. I suggest pop-ups or similar sized trailers reserve that portion. Site 45 is listed as a 35 foot back in, however, I had the help of a four man spotter team and a truck that could shove it up-hill. I did not see sites 76 - 100 in the White Oak Loop.
While the outside of the bath houses are in need of some cleaning and maintenance, the inside looked as if it were freshly painted. Fixtures were of recent replacement. The bathhouses are as good if not better than average.
Take all your supplies with you. The camp store is very limited on general camping supplies and there are no supermarkets near-by. This includes any live fish bait you might want to purchase once you get there.
Fishing was, well, it is fishing, however I attempted to catch fish for up to 4 hours for two days without seeing any small fish near the shore, or seeing any fish feeding in the lake, or seeing any other fisherman with a catch. The water is amazingly clear.
Loop A was a quiet campground being well off State Highway 11. I have camped in some parks there were adjacent to Federal highways with heavy truck traffic. There is a $2 parking fee to enter.
There is a lodge available for rent for special events such as family reunions and makes a great backdrop for weddings.
There are waterfalls accessible by trail in the park.
I give my chances of returning about 60 -40 and that will be for the Music on the Mountain, not a football game.

2 Thank spartancaver
Tamassee, South Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great Place For Hiking & Camping!”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We had made reservations for the middle of the week as we knew there would be nothing available for the weekend at this time of year. We reserved a pull-through spot and set up our camper. We were at the back of the campground so there was very little traffic noise and an abundant of bird and other 'night noises' to enjoy. There are firepits at each site to enjoy an evening fire. You are not allowed to bring in your own wood from out of state, but you can buy some firewood at the store.

We attempted the Table Rock trail which is rated a very strenuous hike but only made it half way as we had started later in the day. Next time we'll start a lot earlier and will be able to hike all the way to the top and back which is 7.2 miles total. Can't wait to see the view from the top. Everyone who we met at the Ranger's station to the Volunteer Hosts at the campground were very friendly. In a previous review it was noted the bath houses were never cleaned and didn't have enough hot water, toilet paper etc. We never experienced that, but again we weren't there during a very busy time. The Volunteer Host explained to us that there was a problem with a group of people that had caused some damage to a couple of the bath houses where the soap dispensers and hand dryers had to be removed due to the damage caused. That is not the State Park's fault. It is sad that some people will ruin it for others.

The park and hiking trails are beautiful and I know we will return again.

Visited September 2013