“Beautiful park with great campground”

Table Rock State Park
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Pickens
More attraction details
Owner description: State Park featuring trails and the significant Cherokee landmark, Table Rock Mountain.
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Beautiful park with great campground”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this state park last summer and had a great time. We went on a beautiful hike, canoed around the lake (which was very clean, and camped in our camper. The bathrooms were very clean and the grounds were well maintained. One of the nicest SC state parks we've visited. Will definitely be returning.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Nattim511

Chattanooga, Tennessee
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Thick woods”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I love to hike for the views & scenery but was a bit disappointed by this park for the trail I had time for. I traversed the Table Rock trail that was 3.6 miles one way. I got almost 2 miles in before I got to see any views. It was a covered sitting area but the trees had not been trimmed back for the awesome view that awaited my eyes. I had to hike a few more feet to a clearing created by Mother Nature from the boulder that lay there. Only then did I realize a storm was brewing & had to turn back before getting to the end of the trail. While the trail was fairly clear, it was a complete upward hike. I'd rate this as a strenuous hike due to the incline.

Visited May 2014
Troy, Michigan
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Nice hike”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Did the main Table Rock hike. It's listed as 7.2 miles round trip, but that's just to the peak. If you keep going, there are a couple of great spots with better scenery. Comes out closer to 8 miles.

We stopped a few times...once at the 1/2 way point to rest, about 4-5 times to get pictures and enjoy the view. Overall, about a 3 hour and 45 minute hike for us. We are both in pretty good shape, and while there was plenty of climbing, it wasn't a "killer" hike. A couple of tough spots, but not bad; however, I wouldn't recommend it for someone not in decent shape (saw a few people that were very out of shape that turned around less than 1/2 way).

They also have a beach and can rent kayaks, canoes or peddle boats for a low cost ($5 for half an hour).

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Scott G
Pickens, South Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Close to home”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Table rock offers many amenities , camping, hiking, picnicking , swimming to name a few. the campsites are generous. There is no sewer hookup. It is not far from the town of Pickens or golfing at the Rock.

Visited June 2013
Piedmont, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Nice and Peaceful Campground”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We were referred to this campground after being unable to get a spot at Jones Gap State Park, and the person who recommended it said the two parks were "very alike, almost the same." In regards to both parks having beautiful views, enjoyable trails, and being generally pleasant to visit overall, I can agree. However, the campers here at Table Rock are less secluded from one another, which is great if you want to be outdoors and within throwing distance of your next neighbor.

Visited March 2014