“To whom it may concern,I am writing this letter...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Port Royal/Near Parris Island

Days Inn Port Royal/Near Parris Island
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Port Royal
Port Royal
“To whom it may concern,I am writing this letter...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter concerning my experience at the Days Inn in Beaufort, SC. I traveled traveled to Beaufort with my family to see my fiance graduate from basic training of the Marine Corps. The drive was longer than expected from PA and we did not arrive to the Days Inn until 4:45a.m. Wednesday, May 21. The day prior I called to reserve a room for Tuesday night because I though we would arrive around midnight.
Once we arrived and checked in I noticed that I booked a pet friendly room. My mother is allergic to cats and dogs so we asked to get the room changed, but it was booked solid. We went to the room anyways to see if she could stay. The room was not acceptable as the stench was unbearable. I have animals at my home to so I understand there is some odor to homes with animals, but this was not acceptable. There was no way we could stay. We went to tell the woman working we would not be able to stay. She told us in order to get a refund for the night we would have to contact the manager the next day. We had to find other lodging for the remainder or the trip.
When we called to talked to the manager the next day the same woman answered. This time she had an attitude and told us that the manager was busy, but she explained the dilemma to him. We would not be receiving a refund. My mother again asked to speak to the manager, but he would not come to the phone. We asked for the corporate number. The woman gave it to us, but not without first telling us they would just explain thier side of the story.We explained the experience and we were told we would be contact again within a few days by corporate.
Once we arrived home, the same employee from the Days Inn contacted us again to inform us that the matter was sent back to the hotel to handle and there was nothing they would be doing. Again, no manager call, but the same employee we had complained about when we contacted corporate.
At this point I want no refund, simply to explain that we will no longer visit any Wyndham property. As upsetting as the experience at the Days Inn was, I would have returned a happy customer had the issue been resolved appropriately.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Lauren K
sheilacastillo, Manager at Days Inn Port Royal/Near Parris Island, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was anything less than perfect. If you ever come to our area again; I hope that you will give us a chance to serve you and your family and friends again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this clean little days in hotel which had a lovely pool in the middle just a couple days ago. We were visiting downtown Beaufort and also driving over to Hunting and Fripp islands. Located on ladies Island it is a very short easy drive to the waterfront where parking was easily accessible with $.25 Meters everywhere in downtown Beaufort.

The room with two double beds was cool and very clean. Although the amenities left were only two shampoos we still found the room to be perfectly adequate for just sleeping. There was also a lovely clean swimming pool with a few kids enjoying so if you have kids this would be a great place for them. There seem to be adequate seating around the pool as well for parents.

Like all Days Inn there is a fairly good-sized mini refrigerator in the room and the room was very quiet throughout the evening and we slept perfectly well.

In the morning we went to have breakfast and although we had been told we have to get there early because sometimes supplies ran out we found that at 8:30 this was not the case. There were plenty of sausage biscuit sandwiches pre-wrapped and ready to microwave as well as little egg and cheese patties, apples and cereals. The coffee was repeatedly replenished and real half-and-half cream was used. We found this little hotel to be very clean. In fact we stayed at the days inn in Charleston which was centrally located near market Street and Bay Street and that was not so clean, but this Days Inn was much cleaner than the one in Charleston. We would definitely stay here again. The staff were all extremely helpful and pleasant and very cordial. A high recommendation!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Professorshours
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to serve you and your family again soon!
Port Royal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Needs updating badly. Toilet needs adjusting or part replacement. Dining room not appealing to want to eat there. Sofa in lobby is run down and tacky.
This used to be a nice hotel years ago. I will choose one of the other hotels in the future. Staff were all very nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Jesse B
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have stayed at this location for business for years, drove into town today unannounced and Nayan Patel gave me another great weekly rate. The military graduations always have this place booked, year round, think about it, if they weren't taking care of the parents of the kids defending our country, would they let them stay here? The place is always clean, comfortable beds and as a road warrior, that spends 300 days plus at hotels nationwide, What do you expect for the great rates here? There's a micro wave, fridge and I'm looking out the window at the pool as I type this. The grounds are always clean and considering the party atmosphere at these graduations, Bravo! I highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RoadDogCincinnati
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here for my son's graduation from USMC boot camp. Expected more for a Days Inn chain but this was like Motel 6. Clean but old and beds and pillows were not comfortable. Breakfast was basic....microwave oatmeal (fix yourself), frozen sausage biscuits (fix yourself) some sort of Danish and muffin that probably came from Sams Club, and cold cereal. I got just coffee and it was full of coffee grounds. There were only king rooms left when I made my reservations and was traveling with my husband and our daughter. I was told that they would put a roll away in for no charge because their two double bed rooms were full. When I got there they wanted to charge me $15 for each night for the roll away. Receptionist was not willing to "get in trouble" by not charging me and refused to call for anyone to approve this. Did give me an extra towel for no additional charge :(
Pros: very close to base, easy on, easy off. Fridge and microwave in room. Free wifi but slow.

Room Tip: Don't face the pool or the lights and noise will keep you awake.