To whom it may concern,
I am writing this letter concerning my experience at the Days Inn in Beaufort, SC. I traveled traveled to Beaufort with my family to see my fiance graduate from basic training of the Marine Corps. The drive was longer than expected from PA and we did not arrive to the Days Inn until 4:45a.m. Wednesday, May 21. The day prior I called to reserve a room for Tuesday night because I though we would arrive around midnight.
Once we arrived and checked in I noticed that I booked a pet friendly room. My mother is allergic to cats and dogs so we asked to get the room changed, but it was booked solid. We went to the room anyways to see if she could stay. The room was not acceptable as the stench was unbearable. I have animals at my home to so I understand there is some odor to homes with animals, but this was not acceptable. There was no way we could stay. We went to tell the woman working we would not be able to stay. She told us in order to get a refund for the night we would have to contact the manager the next day. We had to find other lodging for the remainder or the trip.
When we called to talked to the manager the next day the same woman answered. This time she had an attitude and told us that the manager was busy, but she explained the dilemma to him. We would not be receiving a refund. My mother again asked to speak to the manager, but he would not come to the phone. We asked for the corporate number. The woman gave it to us, but not without first telling us they would just explain thier side of the story.We explained the experience and we were told we would be contact again within a few days by corporate.
Once we arrived home, the same employee from the Days Inn contacted us again to inform us that the matter was sent back to the hotel to handle and there was nothing they would be doing. Again, no manager call, but the same employee we had complained about when we contacted corporate.
At this point I want no refund, simply to explain that we will no longer visit any Wyndham property. As upsetting as the experience at the Days Inn was, I would have returned a happy customer had the issue been resolved appropriately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Newly renovated Days Inn Beaufort/Port Royal is the closest hotel to Parris Island. All poolside rooms have been completely renovated as of May 1st 2010. We offer free high speed wireless, free continental breakfast, microfridge in all rooms, air conditioning, coffee makers, iron and board, expanded cable service with 3 HBOs and Friendlys restaurant on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Days Inn Port Royal/Near Parris Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Port Royal Hotel Beaufort
- Port Royal Days Inn
- Beaufort Parris Island Day Inn
- Days Inn Beaufort