“Awesome crabs”

Cuisines: American
Atlanta, Georgia
“Awesome crabs”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Upon my tours to the beautiful Low Country of South Carolina, I make a point to stop at Ravenel seafood.. I usually visit once a year... pick up a dozen of delicious garlic blue crab... and seafood platter
The rude behavior of the person behind the registar (I don't know if she is the owner daughter) threw me off a bit... However it will not stop me from visiting again..
All these years standing, I will always come out of my way to pick up the best garlic blue crab in the Low Country...

4 Thank abellevoyagetours

Warner Robins, Georgia
“Love the garlic crabs! Absolutely delicious!!!”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Julius and Peggy have a gem of a seafood restaurant! They also sell fresh fish of all varieties. The seafood is fresh and expertly seasoned. Every time I've eaten there I have been well satisfied. Next time you're traveling on Hwy 17, stop by. Or better yet, make it a destination. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Gail P
“Garlic crabs!!! #deelish”
Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

Small hometown find in Ravenel.
Visited specifically for an order of garlic crabs. DELICIOUS!!!!!! We will definitely visit again and frequently. Even if you have a little drive to get there, we do highly recommend taking the drive. It will be worth it. We promise. :-)

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Venbro
Columbia, South Carolina
“Oh the Shark Bites....”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Just a quick tip for those of you who travel up and down Hwy 17 between Charleston and Savannah... Make a stop into Ravenel Seafood and grab a bite or some fresh seafood to take home. Out of curiousity I tried a shark bite basket and loved it! The fried morsels of shark had this amazing lemony flavor that surprised me. I have to say that the fries were not crispy and under seasoned and the sweetish hush puppies would have benefited from a dice of sweet white onion in the batter, but I was charmed by the novelty of shark and its bite size preparation! The place is unpretentious, more a seafood store than restaurant. I grabbed some frog legs and gator meat for a gumbo that I am envisioning as I write this. If you like local and quirky, make this a stop on your drive. I'll be back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank LukeKelly11
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My first time was wat I was looking for.....”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Great place love it fresh seafood l love the garlic crabs.... And the fried crabs r even better I will driver from my home town Sumter to this place a lot of love put into the food...

1 Thank Sweeties28