“Uncaring staff”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Richburg
“Uncaring staff”
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this motel 3 other times and always encountered pleasant staff except for this visit. We made reservations in advance to stay here knowing we were traveling 10 hours with two teenagers and ending the day with a relaxing swim in the pool. After checking in, we found out that the pool was broken. We found out that we needed to drive down the road to the Super 8 motel to swim. We did drive down there but the pool was filled with people there for a picnic. We went back to the hotel & expressed our disappointment about the pool and asked for an adjustment to our bill....not expecting a free nights stay...but maybe a discount. The desk clerk was not apologetic about our plight and couldn't keep keep her eyes off of the tv show she was watching. She told us that there was no management around and couldn't do anything for us. She stated that she would try to reach a manager and would let us know which never happened. We waited an hour to hear from her and went down to see what was going on. Again she was very involved in her tv show and really gave us nothing. Not having the pool disappointed us but having uncaring staff was the straw that broke the camel's back. It would have been nice to know prior to checking in that the pool was broken.

• Stayed June 2013
vicki j, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was with us. We are glad you decided to returned and stay with us again. I apologize dearly for our pool not being opened, the issue with that was the motor, but Super was so glad to let us use their facilities to accommodate our guest, but I do understand your issues with that. As far as my staff and I we do apologize if you felt we did not care about your complaints and concerns for your stay, I did read your review and see that in the past we took care of you and up until this stay we didn't, but we strive every stay with our guest to be satisfactory. We care for our guest and make sure your stay is as comfortable as possible. Hope you return in the future, and I personally will make sure each stay will be great.
Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The room smelled clean and the bed is comfortable. The shower/tub is big and looks very nice. I am happy we stopped here. AAA pricing and pet friendly :) The staff is nice and the parking in moving truck friendly.

vicki j, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope we can service your lodging needs in the future. Give us a call on your next trip and we will give you a 10% discount on your next stay. Thank you.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We had a family event that brought us to Richburg. The staff at the Comfort Inn was very nice. The location is right off I-77 and convenient to run up the road to Rock Hill for better dining selections. As for the hotel, I was surprised to return to our room at 4:00pm and no maid service had come. I called the front desk and they sent someone. The door to the fitness center was locked and no one could open it. The manager did come later in the morning with the key, but I was on my way. The breakfast room was super crowded. I ate standing up. I had to call once the credit card bill came because there was an incorrect charge.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sally S
Thank you for your comment. We are glad you took the time out to let us know how your stay was with us. We are glad you enjoyed our accommadations, sorry to hear about our exercise room was not available for you and the size of our lobby/breakfast area didnt meet your expectations. But we strive to give our customers our very best and we take all comments into consideration. Thank you again for staying with us and hope your next stay with us will be just as good as your last stay. Hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 3 April 2013

The service here sucks. The breakfast was cold the front desk manager "vicki" was really rude and hateful!! The whole place smelled of smoke but is smoke free what a joke of a hotel! Who pays 79.99 for a hotel in a town with nothin in it

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank comfortinnsuck
vicki j, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thanks for your review. I am very suprised to hear that your stay with us was so diappointing and you were not satisfied with the service that you received from us. I do apologized for the service you were rendered by my staff and I. I want to also apologize for any misconduct on my part if you feel that I offeneded you in some kind of way. We strive to make each and every guest stay with us as comfortable as possible, but as far as our policies we have to stand by. If you choose to stay with us again, I personally will make sure you have a great stay. Have a great day and hope to see you in the near future.

Travellers are raving about these Richburg hotels

Ligonier, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We found this hotel to be extremely clean, quiet & comfortable. Right off I77, it is also very convenient. We usually stay in Rock Hill but all rooms were booked. Richburg is about 30 mi. south of Charlotte NC. The towels were abundant, the bathroom spotless & the breakfast MORE than adequate. The lobby area is very small but cozy & the PC available to guests did NOT have sticky keys (YEA!). The beds were also very comfortable. The fee for our dog was $20 but we felt it was worthwhile for the cleanliness of the hotel. The outside of the hotel could use a little sprucing up. By the way, try the Omelet House across the street. Really good omelets & they have takeout.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Threese
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Used this hotel as a stop over on our way down to Hilton Head. I have to say the staff was so friendly and sweet. The hotel was a typical COmfort Inn, clean comfortable, convenient. Breakfast was good and because the staff was all so friendly so were the guests. It really was a great place to stay!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 21 January 2013

stayed at this location and it was marvelous.. the rooms are a little more expensive than the other holels nearby but once i walked in i saw why..i mean, you get what you pay for.cheap hotel means cheap service, halfway cleaned rooms and no telling what else..so the fact that this location is a little more pricey than others clearly shows why!!(you're definately getting your moneys worth here)...another great thing is that the rooms are located INSIDE the building so no worries when you check in late at night. I am pleasantly surprised by just how nice it was and plan on visiting again...

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richburg
Days Inn Richburg
Wingate by Wyndham Rock Hill / Charlotte / Metro Area
Quality Inn Lancaster
Quality Inn Lancaster
#2 of 3 in Lancaster

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!