“Needed inexpensive room on way to Hilton Head, SC”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Good hotel, but too close to I-95. Ask for room on back of property for less Interstate noise. Internet was fast and breakfast was a little better than expected. Was just fine for the price paid.

Room Tip: Ask for the back.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Catfish47

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Although i wish it had a mini fridge, its a very pleasant stay. On our way home in Indiana from Florida, we did not want to drive all the way through. The parking lot is a little dark but I did not feel threatened. A perfect overnight stay or a couple. Not recommended for a longer stay.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank misshurley617
Reviewed 14 May 2011

Quality Inn SC341., Ridgeland, SC, US, 29936 This hotel is below Choice Hotel standards. The room door locks are not working. At check in I had to return to the desk four times to be assigned different rooms (and carry my luggage up and down a flight of stairs each time) because the keys would not open the doors. I was finally put in a room in which the key still did not work and without a way to get back in if I left the room - I had to have desk staff admit me by master key each time I went to my car, dinner, breakfast etc. On Sunday morning at 7:30 AM all coffee containers in the breakfast room were empty and no one made any attempt to make any until several disgruntled guests complained to the young man working the desk. Some guests were going in and out carrying large stacks of pastries etc to cars or rooms outside. There appeared to be no one attending the breakfast service. The room had an unpleasant odor and there were suspicious dark stains on the bedding. Very poor accomodations even for a bargain price.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2010

Great frendly staff, Super clean room! This hotel is on the old side but it has been very well maintaned. We travel to and from Florida and this is our choice for value and comfort has a great seafood resturant within walking distance.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary112641
Reviewed 8 April 2010

I didn't check reviews on this hotel and will never stay in one that I haven't checked out. I wore my socks to bed because walking on the carpet and in the bathroom scared me.
The breakfast room is very small, decent breakfast but they ran out of orange juice.
The Comfort Inn was very full so that should tell you something. Pool not open, probably because of the terrible pollen.
Sundays few restaurants are open. Jasper's was closed not sure if it was because of Easter or they just weren't open on Sunday.
We went all the way back to the last exit in GA for a meal.
SC and GA do not sell liquor on Sunday.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bomac114
Reviewed 9 October 2009

this was only one of four quality inns i would not recommend. It was still value at $52 but just! Bit run down, small rm, says it is newly reno but coudldn't see it. small bkst rm with passable continental bkst.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2009

It didn't bother me that the clock didn't work, or that they booked us next to really noisy people, or even that the toilet ran for 20 minutes after we flushed. It didn't really even bother me that the ceiling could have fallen in at any moment or that the bathroom floor was disgusting. Believe it or not, what did it for me was that even on "stop" the air WOULD NOT TURN OFF. We almost froze to death. It was so bad that I finally had to put the heat on. We did not get good sleep whatsoever. The room did it's job of a place to sleep for the night and a place to shower, but don't expect anything more.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Quality Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Hardeeville Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn Hardeeville
Red Roof Inn Hardeeville
#4 of 12 in Hardeeville

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!