“I'll be back”

Duke's BBQ
Ranked #10 of 34 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Duke's is not an upscale spot. Just good southern food at reasonable prices. It's a buffet only place to eat. Plastic tableware and styrofoam plates are the only thing I did not like. Drinks are sweet or unsweetened tea and water. No alcohol served.
Duke's is only open Thurs- Sat. We live about 20 miles away, but that's not too far for the food they prepare. We (six of us) all emjoyed it. The fried chicken is about the best I have eaten in a long time. We were there on Thursday, ribs, chopped bbq and fried chicken were the meats. Another guest told me they do not do the ribs on Friday, they replace them with fish. Sorry, I don't recall what he said about Saturday... guess I'll have to go see. :)

Reviewed 16 March 2012

When Duke's first opened, you could get fresh ,delicious vegetables. Now, they must just open cans and warm (not heat) without seasonings. It does not give the South a good name for homecooked food. I'd recommend going somewhere else. Sorry.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

Best barbecue in the area. They do a terrific hash over rice and the pulled pork is tremendous.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

Fried chicken and hush puppies were excellent. The BBQ was good. It was difficult to get them to refill the ice tea container. Also, they were very slow on refilling the desserts on the buffet. The peach cobble was below average and the banana pudding was just average. We would not go out of our way again to eat here.

Reviewed 3 July 2011

The food was excellent! The hash and rice was great - many restaurants don't know how to fix the hash. The chicken was good and hot. Enjoyed the nice sweet tea on a hot day! I will be returning the next time I'm in the area. The restaurant was crowded, I guess everyone knows how good it is.