“On the road again”

Best Western Point South
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ridgeland
“On the road again”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

It was a good and normal stay. The good point was that a Denny's restaurant was coupled to the motel. The bed was good ...staff were pleasant ...outside walkways were being repainted ...bathroom was a little cramped for space.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
RajVyas, Manager at Best Western Point South, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad the my hotel employees were pleasant and that you liked the Denny's connected to us. If there is anything we can do to improve please let us know. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is a great stop for our quick overnight stay. The hotel is always clean, the beds comfortable and the service excellent. Have stayed a few times now and they are consistently well above average! We will definitely keep this on our list of go-to places.

• Stayed May 2014
RajVyas, General Manager at Best Western Point South, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that we exceeded your expectations. If there is anything else we can do to improve please let us know. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here on our way to Florida and we very happy with the accommodations. We had a coupon from a travel guide so we got a nice discounted rate. Our room was nice with a king size bed. The bed was very comfortable and I slept really well. The hotel has a nice indoor pool however we got in late so we did not have the opportunity to use it. There is a Denny's attached to the hotel which is very convenient. We ate there twice and used our vouchers and discount from the hotel. The location of the hotel is great being right off I95 but it wasn't noisy at all. Overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent feedback from your stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Also it is great that you enjoyed the Denny's that we have connected to us. We hope next time you get to enjoy our indoor heated pool. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stay in plenty of hotels but I can I would see no reason to come back here. When I walked in the lobby, within the foot of the door (I almost tripped on it all) were line ropes for those who had reservations and those who didn't. Well there was no one there but me and only one desk staff. I am sure they can get busy but there is no reason to keep those up when it isn't. The staff member seemed like my arrival bothered her getting out of the chair.
The room was clean but it has seen better days. The towel rack was falling off the wall and the appearance just was not as nice as other Best Western hotels we had stayed at. Not terrible and not a reason to not come back but the whole place makes me think that the attitude of things like towel racks coming off and a mediocre welcome starts with the management.
It is a good location when looking for an easy on/off from I95 but I wouldn't feel compelled to spend more than one night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James R
RajVyas, General Manager at Best Western Point South, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. Also i am sorry that my staff did not treat you well, I will definitely have a talk with them. i apologize about the room not being up to par with you and we will definitely fix all of the problems that you mentioned. With you giving us your feedback we are able to improve and make your stay better. We hope you give us another chance. Again i am sorry.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I had a really good experience at this hotel. I wasn't expecting much, as I have stayed many nights, many times, on many trips at roadside type, U.S. 95 north / south type motels/hotels. Most of my experiences have not been great, so I was very pleasantly surprised with my first experience with this hotel. The room had been recently redone, and was very, very clean. The Denny's attached to the hotel could use some updating, but it was extremely busy, and the food was good. The staff of both hotel and restaurant were friendly and helpful. Of course, I left my brand new Kindle fast charger in my room when I checked out, and the honest housekeeper made sure it got turned in. Then Stephanie, a manager, made sure it got back to me in the mail. I was really impressed by their service, and will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Boothbayharborgirl
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and liked the Denny's restaurant connected to us. I am also happy to hear that my staff was trustworthy and returned your charger back to you. If there is anything we can do to improve please let us know. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!
Bowman, SC, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Convenient to local attractions. Amenities good. Room good. Staff excellent. Attached Denny's was good. Easy road access off I-95 interstate. Will stay again. Convenient to nearby Beaufort & Hilton Head. Exterior of buildings were pleasing. Parking was convenient.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

RajVyas, General Manager at Best Western Point South, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from you recent stay with us. I am please to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. If there is anything we can do to improve please let us know. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!
Naples, FL
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Friendly staff; clean rooms; lovely large grassy area for servicing pets (with good owners or good motel staff as very little poop in the grass). Only negative was a curving shower curtain rod with a straight sided tub-- made it hard to avoid water on the bathroom floor. We will definitely stop here again on our regular trips to and from FL.

Room Tip: If they say your pet- friendly room opens into courtyard, don't fret. It is a large grassy area...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
RajVyas, General Manager at Best Western Point South, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback from your recent stay with us. We thank you for your business and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry about the curved shower curtain rod we will definitely look into replacing that. If there is anything we can do better please let us know. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Hampton Inn Yemassee/Point South
#1 of 17 in Walterboro
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#5 of 17 in Walterboro

Been to Best Western Point South? Share your experiences!