“Great Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ridgeland
Daleville, Alabama
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Absolutely great hotel. Very clean, awesome staff and price is well worth it. Check in was very smooth. Room was spacious. There was an abundance of towels, which I might add are quality. I would recomend this hotel. Not sure what is around the area as I was there with friends and met up at other friends home.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

RajVyas, General Manager at Best Western Point South, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations. If there is anything we can do to improve please let us know. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This was a nice hotel. It was clean and comfortable. The front desk clerk was great. Her name was Erica. She was very friendly, knowledgeable (hotel operations & policies as well as area attractions and directions). This hotel is conjoined with Dennys restaurant which made dining very convenient. It is right off I95, a perfect stop for weary travellers.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Ericka is one of our best employees and i am glad that she treated you well. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. If there is anything we can do to improve please let us know. Thank you again and hope you have a wonderful day.
Ashland, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 25 May 2014

On a recent trip to Florida, had a stop over stay at the Best Western. Had a great experience at this hotel. The Restaurant attached was nice and had excellent service. The rooms were nice for a one night stay. There were a lot of bugs flying around, which was kind of annoying but the front desk lady said that they had been painting and it was attracting them. The best part was the location. It was a very low traffic area and I was able to go run about 3 miles without feeling like I may get ran over. Bathrooms were just average but for the price, everything was acceptable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for all the flying bugs outside, they come around this time every year. Glad that you enjoyed our location. We hope to see you again. Thank you for your business and your feedback. Have a wonderful day!
Reviewed 23 May 2014

It was a good and normal stay. The good point was that a Denny's restaurant was coupled to the motel. The bed was good ...staff were pleasant ...outside walkways were being repainted ...bathroom was a little cramped for space.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
RajVyas, Manager at Best Western Point South, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad the my hotel employees were pleasant and that you liked the Denny's connected to us. If there is anything we can do to improve please let us know. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is a great stop for our quick overnight stay. The hotel is always clean, the beds comfortable and the service excellent. Have stayed a few times now and they are consistently well above average! We will definitely keep this on our list of go-to places.

• Stayed May 2014
RajVyas, General Manager at Best Western Point South, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that we exceeded your expectations. If there is anything else we can do to improve please let us know. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here on our way to Florida and we very happy with the accommodations. We had a coupon from a travel guide so we got a nice discounted rate. Our room was nice with a king size bed. The bed was very comfortable and I slept really well. The hotel has a nice indoor pool however we got in late so we did not have the opportunity to use it. There is a Denny's attached to the hotel which is very convenient. We ate there twice and used our vouchers and discount from the hotel. The location of the hotel is great being right off I95 but it wasn't noisy at all. Overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent feedback from your stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Also it is great that you enjoyed the Denny's that we have connected to us. We hope next time you get to enjoy our indoor heated pool. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stay in plenty of hotels but I can I would see no reason to come back here. When I walked in the lobby, within the foot of the door (I almost tripped on it all) were line ropes for those who had reservations and those who didn't. Well there was no one there but me and only one desk staff. I am sure they can get busy but there is no reason to keep those up when it isn't. The staff member seemed like my arrival bothered her getting out of the chair.
The room was clean but it has seen better days. The towel rack was falling off the wall and the appearance just was not as nice as other Best Western hotels we had stayed at. Not terrible and not a reason to not come back but the whole place makes me think that the attitude of things like towel racks coming off and a mediocre welcome starts with the management.
It is a good location when looking for an easy on/off from I95 but I wouldn't feel compelled to spend more than one night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James R
RajVyas, General Manager at Best Western Point South, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. Also i am sorry that my staff did not treat you well, I will definitely have a talk with them. i apologize about the room not being up to par with you and we will definitely fix all of the problems that you mentioned. With you giving us your feedback we are able to improve and make your stay better. We hope you give us another chance. Again i am sorry.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Hampton Inn Yemassee/Point South
Econo Lodge Walterboro
Econo Lodge Walterboro
#1 of 17 in Walterboro
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Walterboro

Been to Best Western Point South? Share your experiences!