“Very comfortable stay”

Wingate by Wyndham Rock Hill / Charlotte / Metro Area
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
“Very comfortable stay”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the Wingate by Wyndham for one night on a trip north. It was clean, quiet, comfortable, had a nice breakfast and was pet friendly. I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to other travelers.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TJAltz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Belton, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I found this Wingate to be on par with others in the brand. However, the price was slightly higher than other Wingates in which I have stayed. I was able to receive an 20% discount because of a club membership. The hotel is in a "safe" area with multiple restaurants and stores. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We did have to request linens for the sleeper sofa. Breakfast was adequate with multiple hot and old options. I would stay here again if I could get a good rate.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Keith T
Summerfield
Reviewed 13 July 2014

All hotels in the area were 100% booked. Wingate had two rooms available. The check-in and check-out was too slow. The bed was either a piece of foam rubber or a poor soft top mattress. We like a soft bed, but this is beyond soft. Housekeeping visited us three times wanting to know if we were checking out. Check out time is noon and they started prodding us at 10:00 AM.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Cleveland
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel 4th of July weekend. Hotel was clean and updated. Beds were very comfortable. Hotel had basic amenities and was close to restaurants ,movie theaters, and shopping. Complimentary breakfast was available. the only complaint we would have is the one waffle maker they have a breakfast. Other than that had no complaints with our stay at the Wingate. We would definitely return in the future.

• Stayed July 2014
Rock Hill
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Very disappointed.safe in none of the 3 rooms our party occupied worked and hotel did not have maintenance personnel on staff. It was lat the second day of our stay, after repeated requests before our safe was repaired.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Inman, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed here by myself while on a business trip. I stayed on the fourth floor.

The room was a single bed which included a couch, desk, flat screen TV and a decent sized bathroom. The room also came with a small fridge an other necessities you would expect that I won't try to list all of.

PROS: The bed was VERY comfortable and I had 3 nights of great sleep. I do wish they had full sized pillows, the ones I had seemed to be smaller than normal. But they were soft and comfortable as well.

Hot water in the shower was always quick.

Nice work area on the desk with free Wi-Fi.

Hotel is located near major roads for easy routing to nearby locations.

Several good restaurants nearby to choose from. Even shopping if you are interested.

I did not use it but there is a outdoor pool.

Free expanded breakfast in the mornings, sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, grains, etc. Average assortment, but decent.

Decent business center in the lobby

CON:

There appeared to be some kind of black mold in my shower, but I am not sure if that's what it was. I avoided it and never inspected it long enough to be sure what it was. The showers do need some updating.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for travelers, while there I saw many business people as well as families.

Room Tip: Room 406: there is a bright light in the parking lot that shines into this room, even with the curta...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MrJim911
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in that room last night and other than the one small corner of the wallpaper in the bathroom that was still peeling, I found NONE of the "deficiencies" cited by a prior guest last week. The hotel is nice, comfortable, and they start putting breakfast out at 530am for those of us who need to leave prior to normal breakfast hours. Lastly the staff is excellent and responsive. As for cost, business travel is way up and hotels have become much more expensive in the metro Charlotte area. Higher occupancy allows for higher prices.

I do recommend this hotel!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rock Hill
Holiday Inn Rock Hill
Holiday Inn Rock Hill
#7 of 22 in Rock Hill

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Rock Hill / Charlotte / Metro Area? Share your experiences!