“Retro and creepy”

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Kissimmee, Florida
“Retro and creepy”
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

While I am sure that this place was fabulous 40 years ago, it's not now. Came in late after driving 8 hours. Parking was in the dark and really scary. The room was very large but not kept up. Stains everywhere, yes everywhere. Unfortunately I thought since this wasn't an Econo Lodge or No-Tell motel but a Quality Inn, it would be okay. Nope. Wasted nearly $80 for a room I didn't feel safe enough to sleep in.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank mrsjcd3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My fiancé and I recently stayed here for a friend's wedding. Upon arriving, I was skeptical from the hotels ragged appearance. My fears were further solidified when we entered the hallway to our room. Walking to our room, we were greeted by barking dogs enclosed in nearby guest rooms. When we opened our door we were again greeted by a faint smell of musk and urine. The bathroom was despicable There was black mold under the sink where the water main had broken and never been fixed. The ceiling looked curry and as if it could fall in at any moment. The only positive of the bathroom was the newly installed shower. The bed appeared clean but closer inspection spoke otherwise. The sheet had a cigarette burn and the comforter had what might have been blood from a squished bug. Overall, it was the WORST hotel experience I'd ever had and would not recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank ClassyNJazzy

Travellers are raving about these Rock Hill hotels

Westminster, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We checked into this monstrosity on Sunday night June 17, 2012. We stayed exactly 13 minutes before running for the sake of not only our health but our sanity. Walking up the stairs to our room, we noticed that there were several empty Gin bottles and empty orange juice bottles, that should have been our first clue that this was not a place that we needed to be. Upon entering the room, and turning on the light, hundreds of roaches scattered from view. As if that was not enough, my son and I immediately began to feel a burning feeling on our feet and legs. Upon investigation, we found that our legs and feet (we were wearing sandals and shorts) were covered with what I think was fleas. After being on the road for many hours, I was desperate to use the restroom, but when I saw the condition (an inch of sludge in the bathtub, slimy film on the toilet, some substance sprayed on the back of the bathroom door) I quickly decided to just hold it. To make matters worse, I walked into the kitchenette to wash my hands, and found counters and cabinets splashed with what appeared to be a red substance (blood?). I immediately called the front desk and asked the front desk attendant come up to see the room. He also agreed that this was completely unacceptable condition to rent the room in. By this point, we had decided to simply vacate the room and try to find somewhere else to stay. I was assured that my debit card was not charged and that the reservation would be voided. Imagine my surprise when I realized a few hours later that they had in fact charged my card. After contacting my bank and involving them in the problem, I am now awaiting my refund. Contacting customer service with Choice Hotel group has let to even more frustration, and has resulted in no satisfaction concerning our stay. Their response is that this is an independently owned property, and they are not involved in any other way. Not exactly the response that I expected from a multi billion dollar company. In addition to contacting the home office, I have also made a complaint to the SC Dept of health. This place is a health hazard, and needs to be shut down immediately. As for my son and I, we are still nursing more than 50 bites that are covering our legs, feet and arms, I really hope that they do not become infected or that they might have been made by some kind of insect carrying disease. NIGHTMARE!!!!

Room Tip: there is nothing that could help this place. It needs to be bulldozed, burned and the ground salted...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Angela197161
Elkin, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Never again will I stay there. We stayed there for 2 nights because we were there with our softball team to play for the weekend. We had blocked the rooms a couple of months before so I felt kind of stuck plus the fact the rest of our team were staying there. I should have left after I saw the first room that they put us in when the A/C didn't work. First impressions are always right. The lady at the front desk was very nice and switched us to another room. However....I agree with most of the other reviews that I've read. The halls were hot and smelly, our refrigerator did not work, our commode ran all the time nonstop, it looked like there were boogers or poop or something on the walls in the rooms that had been there a while. I was afraid to walk around in our room with no shoes on and wouldn't sleep in the beds until I went to the big lots up the road to get disinfectant and bleach. You shouldn't have to clean your room in a motel before you are able to sleep there. The only good thing about the place was the friendly staff and the breakfast was a mediocre okay breakfast. (Thank goodness the food was free) Place needs a complete and total renovation!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just hoping all the disinfecting I did that I didn't bring home BEDBUGS!!!!

Room Tip: There's not one....sorry!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mlyonj30
Palatka, Florida
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Staff at check in was very nice and helpful.

As far as the hotel goes, it is HUGE and reminds me of college dorms or an old hospital.

Needs some MAJOR help and updating. Outside is very dirty, in need of paint and landscape. Inside the halls are TERRIBLE and filthy. Doors to hotel are left propped open, odor in the hall and the hall walls are dirty and dingy.

I had a suite (that was all that was left to get). While it was very large, it was sparsely decorated/furnished. Bathroom was very outdated..Windows have no screens and Rm 258 door never did close "tightly"

Breakfast would have had a good variety, had they had food. Hotel was booked and at 8AM, they were out of most breakfast items. They did keep the breakfast area very clean.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I did get a cheap rate ($79), which is what I wanted, but I still would not stay here again. This is an old hotel that is dirty, maintenance has been deferred, and it is in need of major renovation to be competitive.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Florida
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Let me start with the one positive item which was the friendly and helpful front desk staff at checkin. This was the only pleasant experience. As for the room, the bathroom was a disaster, with paint peeling from the ceiling, holes in the ceiling, a dirty bath tub mat with no stopper to allow for a bath, the toilet seat was loose and the finish was coming off, and a sink that would not drain. I really don`t understand how the cleaning person would leave this room and think that this was acceptable. The light bar in the bathroom was also discolored and the toilet would only flush after I adjusted the inside flush mechanism after removing the top. The TV had a reddish hue to it on every channel and the remote had no back and would not work even if you held in the batteries. Yes, I know the rate was reasonable, but the rate should not determine the upkeep on the room. The room only had double beds and this was not mentioned at checkin.

Room Tip: Although room was smoke free the halls were certainly not.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family