“Budget Lodgings”

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Pittsburgh
“Budget Lodgings”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed here for one night on a long road trip, taking advantage of a discount coupon in a highway booklet. The inn was quite easy to find from the exit. Had not read the negative reviews ahead of time. Found some definite maintenance issues with the property...there was a hallway leak in progress the night of our arrival.

Our room was a bit worn, with some peeling wallpaper...but it was clean. The bedding had been upgraded and the mattress was quite comfortable. Climate controls worked well. The room had a fridge; microwave; coffeemaker; iron and ironingboard. Nice amenities for a budget room. There were ample linens...also clean and fresh.

The included full breakfast was just that........waffles; sausage/gravy/biscuits; bagels; pastries; yoghurts; fresh fruit; hardboiled eggs; cold cereals; coffee, tea, juices. The breakfast area was clean and staffed by a very friendly and helpful person.

All in all, this is a good value for the price, however with some maintenance issues that the staff seem to be struggling with. The front desk staff, by the way, are quite friendly and efficient.

This one bears watching, but don't rule it out.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GypsyRoverPittsburgh
QualityinnRockHill, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your response. While we are an old property, we are working hard to keep it clean and comfortable. We are planning to refresh all our room before the spring season. BTW, the leak in the hallway was fixed. Thank you once again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hancock, Michigan
Reviewed 27 October 2013

A large number of the hotels in this group need updating. This one had been painted and the bathroom was redone. However the bed was the equivalent of a cement slab, lamps were rusty, carpets stained, bedding was OLD. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant I wasnonexistent and breakfast was ???? Try to find another place to stay if you like comfy beds.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This hotel is VERY old, dirty, smelly and depressing. My wife and I were moved from the king room we reserved to a small suite. The room was okay, but the hotel is the poorest quality I've ever experienced.

My comments simply echo everyone's. But, I wanted to add my comments and warning... don't stay here!

Room Tip: Go anywhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ohio-Pennywatcher

Travellers are raving about these Rock Hill hotels

Burlington, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 July 2013

First of all, I did not feel unsafe at this hotel, but I was definitely disgusted once we started walking down the hall to the room. This is one if the oldest hotels I've stayed in. I am VERY surprised that Choice hotels would want to have this As a Quality inn. I'm guessing they have not conducted a surprise inspection lately. The hallways were smelly, and dirty. The room was a little better, the furniture was old, the beds were small. If I had not already paid for the room through a travel agency, we would have left and found something else. We did look, trust me, but all the hotels at this exit were about the same caliber. The shower was actually decent. The walls were thin and you could hear the neighbors. I would definitely go a few exits down and steer clear of all the hotels at this exit.

One good thing was that I thought I left something and when I called the front desk, the woman working the desk was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was decent, typical donuts, yogurt, fruit. No complaints there, it's just an old hotel in a so-so area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
QualityinnRockHill, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Appreciate your responce here. Yes, we are old hotel and are in process pr refreshing our rooms and hallways. We are working hard to make everyone's stay at this place a safe and comfortable one. We will keep working harder to achive our goals of customer satisfaction.
Oxford, NC
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This hotel is very old and dirty. I have stayed in several Quality Inns before and this one was at the bottom of the list...We checked in and there was construction going on on the attached restaurant. Went to our room and the paint on the walls was chipping, the microwave was dirty. Everything just looked nasty and the carpet felt grimy. The commode rocked and while in the bathroom, my daughter had water drip on her head from above. Looked and there was water running down the back wall and the wall was molded. Because of this the towels were wet on the shelf. There wasn't much lighting in the hallway or to get into the hallway to access our room. Not a safe environment for a girls softball team. I advise that you keep moving!!!

Room Tip: Choose one somewhere else!!!
Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sarah M
Wilson, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed this past weekend at the Un-quality Inn (June 28-30). At our game Friday, I joked to team mates that if we didn't show up for game on Saturday, look for us in woods behind hotel. The front desk was robbed that evening and the outside door to our hallway on the second floor didn't lock properly. We stayed in our rooms with the doors locked and prayed. Needless to say we got no rest Friday night. Our group asked the deskclerk if the door could be repaired before the evening and 3 employees assured us the door would be repaired, NOT!
I also had a leaking toilet in my room that was so loud we had to turn the television volume up and close the door (so much for being Eco-friendly). I asked 3 staffers about repairing the toilet and each promised it would be repaired. I even invited a maintenance man in to see the leak and he called someone and said they would be up shortly. No repairman showed.
As a mother traveling alone with a 15 year old daughter to softball tournaments, I did not feel safe or comfortable at this hotel. Back lot dark and creepy. I am surprised more people coming in late have not been robbed. There is no fence separating the woods from the parking lot.
Also, I should not have to report a leaky toilet. A cleaning person goes in the rooms each day, I would hope they would be more on top of things that need attention. I advise you to keep driving!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Karen R
The robbery was an unfortunate thing that happened. We have not had such incidence in last 15 years that we can recall-neither with staff not with a guest. We have security camera in hallway, parking lot & in the lobby area. Our apology for any inconvenience caused during your stay. We will try our best to improve our maintenance team’s performance.
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed here as it was late and we needed to rest, but it was one of the worst hotels ever. Parked around the back, unlit area, halls were dirty. The room was old and shabby, hairdryer had been ripped out the wall. The bedding was clean enough so we stayed as it was late and we needed to sleep, but never again. Breakfast was sparse. Definitely one of the worst hotels we have stayed in.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family