“Great Location”

Comfort Suites Rock Hill
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Rock Hill
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I first want to say that Amar Patel was wonderful to work with when making group reservations for our basketball team. He waived the pet deposit for a couple of our families with dogs and gave us a great rate. The hotel from the outside had great curb appeal. The rooms were very spacious and clean. There was lots of shopping and dining choices all within walking distance of the hotel. There were a few things that I had an issue with that kept me from giving it an excellent review. It was very noisy as there were several teams staying there. However, as part of a travel team myself, we have in the past not had issues at other hotels re: noise like this one. People going from room to room well after midnight and slamming doors. The people in the room beside us were so loud we could hear their conversation. I would suggest a hand out with some "rules" for teams staying so that all guests can enjoy their stay. We have had these given to us at multiple hotels over the years and I believe it makes a difference. Quiet times, no running from room to room, etc. Very disappointed with the breakfast choice. The one lady working,not enough on a full weekend day, couldn't keep the area stocked and it was only open until 9:30 which is to early for a weekend. There were 2 other ladies in the kitchen area that I thought was working in that area but when I returned to my floor found that they were housecleaning staff that were getting their own breakfast. Staff shouldn't use the kitchen during busy breakfast times for their breaks and socializing with the breakfast staff. The biggest complaint was that the front desk called our room at 11:10 on Sunday am and said they were just checking to see if we were still in our room since ALL of our group had already checked out (not so). Check out is not until 12 so I didn't understand this. When I inquired at the front desk upon check out, I was told they called because a lot of people don't stop by the desk to say they are leaving and they wanted to know what rooms were empty. I found this in complete bad taste and very lacking as far a customer service is concerned. In my opinion, if check out isn't until 12 then no calls should be made prior to 12. It made me feel rushed and I found out from another parent on our team that they had called them also. This policy should really be looked at. Again, we have stayed at many hotels over the 8 years my son has played travel ball and we have never had this happen. In fact, many times we are given a late check out to accommodate our schedule. Hotel served its purpose for our stay but was lacking in some areas.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My family stopped here on a drive back from Florida. We enjoyed the stay and amenities. The hotel seems relatively new and it certainly has an updated feel. Our boys (ages 6 and 3) enjoyed indoor pool, which was heated and very comfortable. Some pools are too cold to enjoy, but that was not the case here. The room was comfortable and the breakfast was very filling.

If you are traveling and need a quick stop off near Charlotte, this hotel worked perfectly for us.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Aaron W
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on two occasions while en route to Florida with our dog. Each time the staff made us and our dog feel welcome and were more than happy to fulfill any request we had. For a hotel that permits pets, the rooms we had were neat and clean and the fridge/freezer actually works. Its location is very accessible to the highway and we would recommend this hotel. We would also like to mention that if you need any assistance with anything, you should ask for Ed or Christian.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rick A
Reviewed 18 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank James C
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We have stayed here many times with our dog & have always enjoyed our stay. I have reviewed this hotel before but felt I should do it again for thier customer service. I was double billed on my card for a recent stay. When I called the hotel, the very polite young lady who answered the phone told me her manager would have to call me back. Mr. Patel, a very nice young man, did just that within an hour. Within 2 hours the entire matter was resolved to my satisfaction.

I read many horror stories on TA re unresolved billing problems so I felt compelled to tell another kind of story.

So, this place is not only a great dog friendly hotel, they are very customer oriented as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This was our 5th stay at this terrific place. We originally stopped here on our way south a few years ago because it is pet friendly and were delighted with the cleanliness and the staff's eagerness to please. The location is perfect, near the highway, and restaurants with sidewalks for walking our little canine family members. The lobby area is huge with comfortable sitting areas and a large dining area for a decent hotel breakfast. Ed at the front desk has always been especially welcoming and helpful. We will be returning in April.

Room Tip: We like the room on the first floor because we can take the dogs out the back door but it may not be...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014

En route to Florida, my wife and I stopped in Rock Hill, SC for a night. The location, Comfort Suite was an outstanding selection for us. From the greeting at the front desk, to the available parking, the separate sitting room and of course the breakfast, an outstanding experience. Hotel is located near a major shopping center and offers several fine restaurants within walking distance. If traveling through SC and near Rock Hill, I would recommend you try this excellent hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple