“One of the worst hotel rooms we've ever experienced!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Rock Hill

Comfort Suites Rock Hill
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Sterling, Virginia
“One of the worst hotel rooms we've ever experienced!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We entered our hotel room, and it smelled terribly - not just musty, but just nasty. Filthy room - walls were all marked (not a little but a LOT) - even black hand prints on the one wall. The toilet paper holder was missing the middle part - so the toilet paper was just sitting on the shelf. The hair dryer broken, and is literally taped together with black tape. We asked for another room, and were told they were all sold out, and that is the only room available. So here we are after 10 p.m. having to run to the store to get items to help deodorize the room. I have allergies, especially to mold - not only did I have problems breathing in the room, so did our daughter. The hallway walls are all marked up as if they're in the midst of being repaired. A/C is running but room continues to feel damp/musty, but not cold. This hotel is just NASTY!!! One of the worst experiences we've ever had, and we travel often.

Room Tip: None at this hotel!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Renee S
GM-SC287, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
I want to first apologize for the problems you had with your room. However, to people reading this, you can tell that our hotel has great reviews, but there is always someone that will leave a negative review. We strive to take care of each and every one of our guest. If this particular guest had a problem with the room we would have been more than happy to change the guest to another room or fix any problems on the spot. If the guest does not tell us unitl late at night, and they are unwilling to move, then there is not much we can do except apologize and/or give a discount.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Weaverville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I first want to say that Amar Patel was wonderful to work with when making group reservations for our basketball team. He waived the pet deposit for a couple of our families with dogs and gave us a great rate. The hotel from the outside had great curb appeal. The rooms were very spacious and clean. There was lots of shopping and dining choices all within walking distance of the hotel. There were a few things that I had an issue with that kept me from giving it an excellent review. It was very noisy as there were several teams staying there. However, as part of a travel team myself, we have in the past not had issues at other hotels re: noise like this one. People going from room to room well after midnight and slamming doors. The people in the room beside us were so loud we could hear their conversation. I would suggest a hand out with some "rules" for teams staying so that all guests can enjoy their stay. We have had these given to us at multiple hotels over the years and I believe it makes a difference. Quiet times, no running from room to room, etc. Very disappointed with the breakfast choice. The one lady working,not enough on a full weekend day, couldn't keep the area stocked and it was only open until 9:30 which is to early for a weekend. There were 2 other ladies in the kitchen area that I thought was working in that area but when I returned to my floor found that they were housecleaning staff that were getting their own breakfast. Staff shouldn't use the kitchen during busy breakfast times for their breaks and socializing with the breakfast staff. The biggest complaint was that the front desk called our room at 11:10 on Sunday am and said they were just checking to see if we were still in our room since ALL of our group had already checked out (not so). Check out is not until 12 so I didn't understand this. When I inquired at the front desk upon check out, I was told they called because a lot of people don't stop by the desk to say they are leaving and they wanted to know what rooms were empty. I found this in complete bad taste and very lacking as far a customer service is concerned. In my opinion, if check out isn't until 12 then no calls should be made prior to 12. It made me feel rushed and I found out from another parent on our team that they had called them also. This policy should really be looked at. Again, we have stayed at many hotels over the 8 years my son has played travel ball and we have never had this happen. In fact, many times we are given a late check out to accommodate our schedule. Hotel served its purpose for our stay but was lacking in some areas.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
West Chester, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

My family stopped here on a drive back from Florida. We enjoyed the stay and amenities. The hotel seems relatively new and it certainly has an updated feel. Our boys (ages 6 and 3) enjoyed indoor pool, which was heated and very comfortable. Some pools are too cold to enjoy, but that was not the case here. The room was comfortable and the breakfast was very filling.

If you are traveling and need a quick stop off near Charlotte, this hotel worked perfectly for us.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Aaron W
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on two occasions while en route to Florida with our dog. Each time the staff made us and our dog feel welcome and were more than happy to fulfill any request we had. For a hotel that permits pets, the rooms we had were neat and clean and the fridge/freezer actually works. Its location is very accessible to the highway and we would recommend this hotel. We would also like to mention that if you need any assistance with anything, you should ask for Ed or Christian.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rick A
Ligonier, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We have stayed here many times with our dog & have always enjoyed our stay. I have reviewed this hotel before but felt I should do it again for thier customer service. I was double billed on my card for a recent stay. When I called the hotel, the very polite young lady who answered the phone told me her manager would have to call me back. Mr. Patel, a very nice young man, did just that within an hour. Within 2 hours the entire matter was resolved to my satisfaction.

I read many horror stories on TA re unresolved billing problems so I felt compelled to tell another kind of story.

So, this place is not only a great dog friendly hotel, they are very customer oriented as well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

This was our 5th stay at this terrific place. We originally stopped here on our way south a few years ago because it is pet friendly and were delighted with the cleanliness and the staff's eagerness to please. The location is perfect, near the highway, and restaurants with sidewalks for walking our little canine family members. The lobby area is huge with comfortable sitting areas and a large dining area for a decent hotel breakfast. Ed at the front desk has always been especially welcoming and helpful. We will be returning in April.

Room Tip: We like the room on the first floor because we can take the dogs out the back door but it may not be...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple