Holiday Inn Rock Hill
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Howard Johnson Inn Rock Hill(Rock Hill)(Great Value!)
US$73
Travelocity
US$94
US$89
Fairfield Inn
All reviewshotel restaurantkids eat freebreakfast buffetvery nice hotelquiet arealots of restaurantsnext morningclean roomswould definitely stay here againaubreylobbyroshanmallelevatorappearanceinnscharlotte
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Booked a room here through Expedia and they charged my debit card.When I checked in to the holiday inn they also swiped my card saying it was for any additional charges.
As it turned out Holiday Inn charged me again for the room claiming Expedia never paid them.So I'm on my way to a 10 day vacation and have been charged twice for the same service.
I wasted a couple of hours of my vacation talking to Expedia who were no help and just kept giving me the run around and I couldn't get in touch with anyone with the authority to straighten this out at Holiday Inn.So I let it slide until I got home and finally got in touch with a sales manager for holiday Inn at Rock Hill who just stopped by on business,She finally straightened it out and I got a credit on my checking account.
Had I been on a tight budget this may have been a big problem and really is unacceptable for anyone to go through.
As for the Hotel,it was OK, but the furniture in our room was too big for it's intended purpose.The desk chair wouldn't fit under the desk blocking your path around the bed,so I had to put the chair in the corner.
You just don't need that kind of aggravation when your on vacation

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Dear NEPA72,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. I'm glad our Sales Manager was able to assist you with the billing concerns and it was taken cared of. I deeply apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. I have taken note of your comments regarding the room accommodations and this will be used to reconsider improvements needed. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 September 2012

My 15-year old daughter & I arrived in Rock Hill for a softball tournament without a reservation. We usually stay at the Marriott, but it was full. I was not too concerned since I could drive back north to Charlotte, if needed. From the ballfield, I "googled" this hotel & called for a reservation. They had one room remaining that I could book for the two nights I needed. I inquired about any discounts such as government rates. I was informed that they had a State of SC government rate; however, I did not qualify since I work for a local government in the State of NC. We went through a few rates related to the softball tournament & found something that I was eligible to use. Since I was calling from the ballfield, the nice reservations clerk stayed on the phone while I walked to the parking lot to obtain my credit card information.
Five families from my daughter's team stayed at this hotel and all five had different rates. Three families checked out the next day due to the differences in rates. My check-in was uneventful, but I noticed two mothers complaining about the rates.
At 11:30p.m., the front dest clerk (named "Y") called my room and asked me to come down to the desk. I refused, because it was so late. She asked if I was employed by a certain institution and I replied "no". She stated that she would come to my room. At 11:37 p.m., "Y" came to my room with a policeman. I was informed that I was not eligible for the discounted rate I had obtained. I would have to sign a new rate sheet or be evicted immediately (and still charged for one night at the higher rate). I repeated my story over and over. I had not pretended or misrepresented my employment to obtain a discount. In fact, I had already told the reservations clerk where I worked when I first inquired about a government rate. Nothing moved "Y". She stated that I could take the matter up with the manager on the following day, but I had to sign that new rate sheet or be evicted immediately. I still can't believe that she brought a policeman to my room. I guess he was going to put our bags in the hall. My 15-yr old daughter and I were humiliated at this scene and people walking by our door.
I called reservations again with "Y" and the policeman standing there. I repeated my story and begged them to play the recording of my initial call. We discovered that centralized reservations may not have the same discount details as the hotel staff. I was transferred to customer service and "Jennifer" got my discounted rate approved. "Y" and the policeman left my room after midnight at 12:20a.m.
This facility is pretty nice (except for the tiny pool), but it is overpriced compared to similar hotels in the area. However, the hotel staff ("Y") made this my worst hotel experience ever. She acted like the money belonged to her. A hotel is in the business to sell rooms. You would think they would be glad to book a room that was vacant at 9:00p.m. My daughter travels with three sports. I stay at in a lot of hotels, but I have never had my honesty or integrity questioned like this before. We were simply humiliated for people to walk up and down the hall and see a policeman at our door at midnight. No excuse for this treatment!

5  Thank B T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Dear B T,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to follow up with you and get more details.
We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 August 2012

It's a lovely property that's close to a wide variety of restaurants. Everything is exceptionally clean and the staff and very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, breakfast is not included since they have a full service restaurant on-site. The only down side would probably be that the restaurant is a bit too pricey which forces guests to go elsewhere. **A word of advice: we booked by calling the 800 number for all ICH properties. As we're a family of 5, we requested a room with 2 queen beds and a roll away as well as booking for breakfast. We were told that it wouldn't be a problem and that the roll away would be in the room and breakfast was paid for. Upon arrival, the front desk told us that they can't do roll aways because it's a fire hazard and they they don't do breakfast because it's a full service restaurant. He apologized profusely and said that the 800 number CONSTANTLY makes the same mistakes.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

This property is located in a new area close to restaurants of all types, from fast food to upscale. The room we had included two queen beds. It was a bit tight in square footage, especially since we paid over $130 but it was brand new and very clean. This property did not have a complimentary continental breakfast but it had coffee in the lobby. Each room had a fridge and microwave.The bedding was very comfortable. In the bathroom there was only one sink and it was located in the bathroom not as a separate vanity area which made it a bit inconvenient for four of us getting ready in the morning.

We booked this on another popular travel site, but then decided that we might have been able to drive another hundred miles or so and tried to cancel that reservation for another Holiday Inn farther down I-77. The cancellation cut off was at noon, so buyer beware...read the fine print because we could not make a change without losing our money. The discretion was totally with the HI manager and she would not budge, even though I would have made a reservation at another Holiday Inn.

All in all this was a nice property, even if it was a bit more than I would have spent.

Room Tip: We always choose a room away from the elevator if we are staying in a multi-level hotel.
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We recently stayed here with a group of 20 boys for a soccer tournament. I have to say that we were treated extremely well and staff went out of their way to accomodate our needs. The hotel is in a nice part of town and there are quite a bit of places to dine and shop. I honestly think that hotel management thought that we were going to be a handful, since they had a police officer stationed in the lobby during our stay. But when we received a compliment from staff that our team was very well mannered, I was floored and appreciated their feedback. The hotel was very clean and comfortable and rooms were attended to in a timely fashion. You would not know that this was a Holiday Inn. A definite positive experience!

Room Tip: This hotel is tucked back a bit, so all rooms have a good general view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business