“Outstanding customer service”

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Atlanta, Georgia
“Outstanding customer service”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

After being totally ignored by Expedia, Randy and Yumary, management at the Holiday Inn, took the time to understand my predicament, went to bat for me at Expedia and when Expedia refused to help in any way, did their best to make amends by giving me enough Holiday Inn reward points for a free night stay at any Holiday Inn, a complimentary full breakfast buffet and then an extended check out on Sunday. Plus, the rooms were extremely comfortable and CLEAN. I will look forward to again staying at a Holiday Inn and I will NEVER again book a room through Expedia. I remain grateful to Randy and Yumary for their kindness to me and my family.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and found it to be a very enjoyable stay. I did request early check in and while the desk check appeared eager to tell me that was not possible everything after that was exceptional. I meet with the manager about my room arrangement and he was very professional and worked with me to resolved a reservation problem. I have been staying at a number of hotels over the past few years on business trips and have found the Holiday Inn to be one of the the most pleasurable establishments. The staff show a true concern for my comfort and I will look for a Holiday Inn on my future travels. Thanks to the manager at your hotel and the staff in the restaurant and bar I am planning a trip next month and will look to stay at another Holiday Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Belleville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This is one of the newer hotels, and is very nicely decorated. The lobby is impressive, and so is the room. We had a two double bed room on the 4th floor. It was very nicely appointed and very quiet. The bed was so comfortable that our wake-up call was the maid tapping on the door at 9AM.

The hotel restaurant was a little pricey for dinner, so we ate at the nearby Longhorn (very tasty). We did have breakfast at the hotel restaurant. My wife had the buffet which had a very nice selection of items to choose from, and our waitress, Jessica, offered to fry my wife some eggs if she didn't want thte scrambled eggs on the buffet table. I decided to have the Southern Eggs Benedict (country ham instead of Canadian bacon, finely sliced red peppers, and a slice of fried green tomato). When the Jessica brought my dish, she said she "didn't think it was supposed to look this way". The eggs, while poached, were a little overdone and sat separate from everything else. The waitress apologized for the absence of the green tomato as well as the way the dish was put together and told me I would not be charged and could help myself to the buffet if I wished.

I hope that the hotel and restaurant realize what a treasure Jessica is. She has a wonderful personality, and quickly recognized the problem with my dish and resolved it more than satisfactorily before it registered on me that there was a problem. Because of Jessica I would make a point of returning to this restaurant.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I was looking for a hotel which was in the Charlotte area and close to I-77, but far enough away from that road that I would not hear any traffic noises. This hotel fits the bill, as it is a short drive from Exit 79, but is far enough away that you don't hear any I-77 traffic. It is close to the Galleria mall, but the two closest anchor store locations there are empty, so you don't have to worry about any mall noise either.

The hotel is almost brand new, and everything still seems new and clean. We had an executive king room, which had a separate sitting area and wet bar (oddly, the TV was directly across from the bed, and not across from the sofa in the sitting area). The regular king rooms would be on the small side without the sitting area.

The one thing I did not like about the room was the bathroom. It had only a shower (albeit a very big one), with no tub. I have bad legs, and like to relax in a tub, but couldn't do it at the Holiday Inn. Also, for some reason, HI is putting the bathroom sink in the same room with the toilet in all of its new hotels. That is fine if there is only one person in the room, but with two people it is a big help to have the sink outside of the room that contains the toilet. Also, the only real place to put used bath towels is in slots in the wooden vanity under the sink - this is another fault shared by other new Holiday Inns.

The hotel has a restaurant. It has a morning buffet, but it is not part of the hotel room charge. I think the buffet was $13.00, but we ordered pancakes via room service. I must complement the kitchen and room service for everything they did. We originally ordered delivery for 8:30, but we were running early and called down to see if delivery could be moved up to 8:15. They said yes, and the food arrived precisely at 8:15. Not only that, but the pancakes were wonderful. We had just come from eating breakfast for a week at the Captain's Grille at Disney's Yacht Club, and the pancakes at the Holiday Inn Rock Hill were much bigger, tastier, and more full of blueberries than any pncakes that we had eaten at the Captain's Grille. Also, the Captain's Grille often overcooked the pancakes, while the Holiday Inn's pancakes were a beautiful golden brown.

Room Tip: Get an executive king room if you want to have space to spread out.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Taylors
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We had an excellent stay at this very nice hotel while in town for a soccer tournament. The rooms were very clean, spacious and updated. The restaurant was very good, and kids eat free.
The location was great, and the staff were professional and helpful. Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
pa.
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Booked a room here through Expedia and they charged my debit card.When I checked in to the holiday inn they also swiped my card saying it was for any additional charges.
As it turned out Holiday Inn charged me again for the room claiming Expedia never paid them.So I'm on my way to a 10 day vacation and have been charged twice for the same service.
I wasted a couple of hours of my vacation talking to Expedia who were no help and just kept giving me the run around and I couldn't get in touch with anyone with the authority to straighten this out at Holiday Inn.So I let it slide until I got home and finally got in touch with a sales manager for holiday Inn at Rock Hill who just stopped by on business,She finally straightened it out and I got a credit on my checking account.
Had I been on a tight budget this may have been a big problem and really is unacceptable for anyone to go through.
As for the Hotel,it was OK, but the furniture in our room was too big for it's intended purpose.The desk chair wouldn't fit under the desk blocking your path around the bed,so I had to put the chair in the corner.
You just don't need that kind of aggravation when your on vacation

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Dear NEPA72,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. I'm glad our Sales Manager was able to assist you with the billing concerns and it was taken cared of. I deeply apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. I have taken note of your comments regarding the room accommodations and this will be used to reconsider improvements needed. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
MIddle of Nowhere, NC
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My 15-year old daughter & I arrived in Rock Hill for a softball tournament without a reservation. We usually stay at the Marriott, but it was full. I was not too concerned since I could drive back north to Charlotte, if needed. From the ballfield, I "googled" this hotel & called for a reservation. They had one room remaining that I could book for the two nights I needed. I inquired about any discounts such as government rates. I was informed that they had a State of SC government rate; however, I did not qualify since I work for a local government in the State of NC. We went through a few rates related to the softball tournament & found something that I was eligible to use. Since I was calling from the ballfield, the nice reservations clerk stayed on the phone while I walked to the parking lot to obtain my credit card information.
Five families from my daughter's team stayed at this hotel and all five had different rates. Three families checked out the next day due to the differences in rates. My check-in was uneventful, but I noticed two mothers complaining about the rates.
At 11:30p.m., the front dest clerk (named "Y") called my room and asked me to come down to the desk. I refused, because it was so late. She asked if I was employed by a certain institution and I replied "no". She stated that she would come to my room. At 11:37 p.m., "Y" came to my room with a policeman. I was informed that I was not eligible for the discounted rate I had obtained. I would have to sign a new rate sheet or be evicted immediately (and still charged for one night at the higher rate). I repeated my story over and over. I had not pretended or misrepresented my employment to obtain a discount. In fact, I had already told the reservations clerk where I worked when I first inquired about a government rate. Nothing moved "Y". She stated that I could take the matter up with the manager on the following day, but I had to sign that new rate sheet or be evicted immediately. I still can't believe that she brought a policeman to my room. I guess he was going to put our bags in the hall. My 15-yr old daughter and I were humiliated at this scene and people walking by our door.
I called reservations again with "Y" and the policeman standing there. I repeated my story and begged them to play the recording of my initial call. We discovered that centralized reservations may not have the same discount details as the hotel staff. I was transferred to customer service and "Jennifer" got my discounted rate approved. "Y" and the policeman left my room after midnight at 12:20a.m.
This facility is pretty nice (except for the tiny pool), but it is overpriced compared to similar hotels in the area. However, the hotel staff ("Y") made this my worst hotel experience ever. She acted like the money belonged to her. A hotel is in the business to sell rooms. You would think they would be glad to book a room that was vacant at 9:00p.m. My daughter travels with three sports. I stay at in a lot of hotels, but I have never had my honesty or integrity questioned like this before. We were simply humiliated for people to walk up and down the hall and see a policeman at our door at midnight. No excuse for this treatment!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank B T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Dear B T,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to follow up with you and get more details.
We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Katie J