“Great Overnight Stay”

Holiday Inn Rock Hill
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Rock Hill
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This past weekend my family of four spent one night at this hotel. It’s new, clean, and has attractive modern décor. It’s conveniently located off Hwy I-77 tucked away in a quiet area just off the highway.
The check-in process was quick and the front desk was courteous. Our room was nice, upscale, and exceptionally clean. The beds were comfortable and everything in the room worked as it should.
The pillows on the beds were labeled with a fancy tag stating “soft” or “firm”. After you decide which pillow you prefer, you can contact the front desk for more pillows. I thought this was neat feature. However, the pillows were about half the size in length as a standard pillow. I wasn’t a big fan, but my wife and kids loved them.
There is no continental breakfast offered at this hotel, so if that’s important to you, do not stay here. There is free coffee offered in the lobby area, and I will say, the coffee was very good. This hotel does have a restaurant that serves both breakfast and dinner. Although it has wonderful reviews, I thought it was expensive for breakfast. For example, a 3 egg omlette was $6.99. What I call a “golfer’s special”, 2 eggs, bacon or sausage, grits or hasbrowns, and toast, was $9.99. I estimate it would have cost my family of four an easy $45+ with drinks and tip to eat breakfast. Instead we drove down to the next exit and ate at The Little Café. It was a GREAT breakfast and cost us a total of $21, including drinks.
As with most hotels, the pool was small. The picture shown online is deceiving as it creates the illusion the pool it’s quite a bit larger than it actually is. In reality, crop half of the picture shown online, and that’s the actual pool size. My kids were a bit disappointed but still went swimming.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay at Holiday Inn, Rock Hill. It’s a nice property and I would definitely stay there again. My only real gripe is that I feel that $147.00 per night for a room with 2 Queen beds and no continental breakfast was a little pricey. There were better deals online to be had at other hotels, but Holiday Inn was located closest to where we needed to be. In the end we opted for the convenience Holiday Inn's location.

Pros:
-Hotel is new
-Room décor is modern and clean
-Beds are comfortable
-Room was exceptionally clean and smelled good
-Check in was efficient
-Staff was quick to address request for additional towels and wash cloths
-Restaurants and shopping are close by

Cons:
-Cost
-No continental breakfast

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dspiderwebb

Reviewed 8 May 2013

This is a wonderful experience. I travel a great deal for business and stayed in 5 properties during the week (All of them Holiday Inn), and this one will blow you away. From live entertainment in the lounge, to the 5 star resturaunt, it is worth every penny. The wait staff, Aubrey and Keaton were wonderful and after a long week, it was like having dinner with friends. I paid what I considered a high price for a salad.....questioned my decision.....until I tasted it!!
Amazing....
Also a gluten free chocolate cake that was out of this world....
I'm trying to plan a personal trip to the area, just so I can take my husband to dinner at this place.

Room Tip: We checked out the patios, the pool area, the resturaunt, and the lounge.....everything was literall...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My daughter and I checked into the HI, RH very late on Saturday April 20, 2013. The GSR was friendly and we had a very quick check in. When we went into our room, it was the wrong room type. I did not complain, as we simply wanted to sleep and it was only for one night. We were awakened around 4:30am from the guests in the room next door. There was constant tapping on the walls and lots of noise from ( what seemed to be a family getting up and out) for an early check out. Once the noise ceased, in the quietness of our room, we were awakend shortly thereafter with the constant humming of the elevator moving up and down the shaft (even though our room was slightly around the corner from the elevator). It was now 6:30am yet, still not enough to complain to the staff. Between the hours of 8:45am-9:00am, housekeeping was in full swing outside of our door with the vacuums roaring, loud communication in the hallway and a knock at our door (you guessed it)....the DND sign was clearly posted. I decided that it was time to check out. While attending to morning routines, the toilet stopped flushing causing a slight overflow. I called the front desk to complain (now about everything). I asked to speak with a Manager and was told he was not available. I responded that I would stop by the desk on my out.

When I proceeded to check out, the GSR simply said "your bill is 123.00 and you're all set". Dumbfounded, I asked if he realized that I was the person who complained from room 202. He said yes. I, once again, asked to see the manager. He proceeded to explain that the manager had to depart the property due to a family emergency, but had been apprised of my concerns (via email). I was promised a call back the following day (Monday, April 22). I never received a phone call and by Wednesday, April 24th, I called the Holiday Inn. I was promised by the Front Desk Supervisor that my folio would be reviewed and he would "personally" call me back on Thursday, April 25th. I did not receive that promised call and made a final attempt to call the hotel on Friday, April 26th, with a promise to call corporate if this is not resolved. The GSR suggested that I should call the GM back on Saturday, April 27th. I insisted that he call me back. I finally received a call early Saturday morning. The Manager was understanding, apologetic and concerned with the demeanor of his housekeeping staff. He refunded my stay and hoped that I would visit again. Of course I will not.

I maintain that I am a "Hiltoner" (who ventures out from time to time). The Hilton was full and it was suggested that I stay at the HI as it was a relatively new property. For the time that I did sleep, it was comfy.

This hotel, like many others, have a 100% guest service guarantee and usually, the GSR have been empowered to satisfy the guest upon check-out. This treatment and extreme delay in customer satisfaction was unacceptable. I am pleased that they fully refunded my stay, as I only initially requested half. So, for that effort, I am grateful.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tcra88
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear Tcra88,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am glad to know that you had a good experience upon check in. However, I’d like to apologize for the issues that made your stay less than satisfactory most especially with the noise levels experienced and shortcomings in the service of the staff. Your feedback is highly appreciated and we will use this to improve on our efforts.

Despite your disappointment, I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Pam G.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

We stayed here on our way home from Florida!
The hotel was very nice, the rooms were clean and comfortable!
Having 5 in our family we needed a cot for our son to sleep on, the
room they had put us in at first was too small for a cot and they quick
to change us to a bigger room!! Was very satisfied with our stay here!!
Especially the comfortable beds!!!
Quick and easy check out as well!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2013

My wife and I spent our wedding nite at the hotel. They were rude and obnixous. They tried to charge us for damages to our room. When we called to talk to the manager he started swearing and screaming that we needed to pay him or else. He was so rude that I refused to talk to him. So this guy tries to charge my credit card for damages !! I have tried several times to call him but he would not return any of my calls. He later charges my son's credit card for the damages to a room that his family didnt even rent !!! YOU WANT TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Warren G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Dear Warren G,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

My family stayed in the Holiday Inn Rock Hill, SC for a wedding in the end of October of 2012. My family is from Maryland and we decided to stay at the location as a result of its proximity to the venue. We stayed at the hotel for two nights and upon our check out, our account was paid in full (as evidenced by our October 2012 Bank Statement). Please tell me why, today, 4/14/2013, my account was charged over $2000.00/ ($2400 to be exact)? The charges were discovered when my husband attempted to buy groceries (in Mom's Organic located in Waldorf, MD to be exact) and was unable to do so. I contacted the Holiday Inn immediately to inquire about this and was told that our account was being charged for damages incurred during our stay. I was told "the room was trashed" and they had been attempting to reach me on a telephone number beginning with the area code of 704. As stated earlier, my family resides in Maryland and we do not have nor have ever had a telephone number or numbers beginning with the area code of 704. The staff member on the phone was unable to tell me the exact date we stayed, when we checked out, nor any real information. He stated we needed to call the Manager back the next morning for details pertaining to the charges. I am absolutely appalled by this. During our visit to the hotel, we barely even stayed in the hotel room because we were basically running around trying to prepare for this wedding that my husband, myself, and two younger children were in. No one ever attempted to contact us because they never had our correct telephone number which is very odd because you must provide your contact information and our numbers have been the same for several years. If the room was "trashed", why weren't we charged right then or there or days after we left? Long story short, the room that my family stayed in was never trashed. The Holiday Inn at Rock Hill charged our account the correct amount of money upon our check out; but now six months later decided to charge our account for damages incurred by someone else in a different room. This for one is not fair and certainly not illegal. My family will not pay for damages incurred by someone else and it is not right to make us do so because you still have our account information. We have not been contacted by the Front Desk Manager (Randy). We have called several times and was told he would be in from 7-3, next 11am, then on route, then 12pm, then on his way to class, to after 1pm. Really!! This is one of the worst experiences of my life. If you choose this hotel, please use cash only!!

Room Tip: do not provide this hotel with your credit card information
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Rosita K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2013

Dear Rosita K,

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

Short but sweet on this review. Convieniently located in the heart of Rock Hill,SC. 20 minutes from the Charlotte airport. Great place. Very friendly. service Helped us with all of our needs . Super value. Free hot breakfast with a vey friendly waitress, Ann. Will go back. Enjoy.......

• Stayed: March 2013