“Nice property”

Holiday Inn Rock Hill
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
“Nice property”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Nice property close to lots of shopping and restaurants. Front desk was very helpful. Returning next month. Clean, well lit parking, could use more washers and dryers for size of hotel. Pool area nice. Only a few years old.

Room Tip: No spa or kids activities
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Wow the staff is ver friendly and care about each guest. And I think the food gets better each day the day I was there it was packed I waited for a seat so I can enjoy the food here I am very impressed on the cleanest rooms usually I find dust some where in the room but not here

• Stayed July 2013
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2013

After driving 12 hours we decided to stop for the night. Several other hotels at the same exit were booked solid. We took a chance and luckily they had 3 rooms left. Not only were we pleasantly surprised with the hotel, I will use this brand in the future. The rooms were clean and appear new. The staff at the front desk quickly checked us in, were friendly, and had extra towels and pillows delivered to our room within minutes. The beds were very comfortable (even the pull out sofa for the kids). The hotel is close to the highway and many restaurants are nearby.

Atlanta
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I booked a room at the Rock Hill HI through Hotels.com in January for a weekend in June for an event and received confirmation. Several families in the group with which we were attending an event had been informed upon calling during week prior to check in that they no longer had reservations; somehow, they had mysteriously vanished. However, all seemed well as three days prior to check in I received an email confirmation of my room. Upon arrival I was told that I had cancelled my reservation a week ago and there was no room for me. I showed my confirmation and indeed confirmed through Hotels.com that no cancellation had been made. HI said they did not cancel the reservation. Hotels.com said that they did not cancel the reservation. I certainly did not cancel the reservation as I am not fond of sleeping in my car. Yet no one could either explain or resolve the issue. I almost expected Jay Carney to make an appearance and try to explain away why no one knew anything, no one was responsible, and that they would really really attempt to get to the bottom of it all, honest. The desk manager attempted to place a few phone calls and find a comparable room, but all the hotels around were booked solid for the weekend. There was much wheel-spinning, no apologies, and overall a chaotic hour as several other travelers found themselves in the same predicament--mysteriously cancelled room reservations and now no rooms. The desk staff was completely in over their heads but maintained courtesy while doing the absolute bare minimum to accommodate me with this. Frankly, that aspect of this is appalling. There should be no higher priority of a hotel than accommodating paying guests--and yes, my credit card had been charged. Two hours later I finally found accommodations through my own efforts. The HI did not follow up with me that night or the next day when a room opened up. They have not contacted me nor offered to pay for the hotel stay elsewhere that I incurred. After that fiasco there was not one attempt to follow up or contact me. Hotels.com still had my reservation and confirmation so they assigned blame to the HI. Whether this was a reservation system glitch, overbooking, or some other malfeasance I do not know; what I do know is that given the service and experience there, I would not recommend at all. Appalling experience.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BDAtlanta
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear BDAtlanta,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate an apparent glitch between the third party you booked with, and the hotels systems prevented you from being able to stay. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My company put me up at this hotel charges paid when I get there they asked for my credit card to hold a week later i check my account to see that they charged the whole amount to my credit card I called them and they found the error on there behalf but told me it would take 3-5 days to receive my money back now I have to pay bank fees for other item purchased asked to speak to manager but was told he wouldn't be in to around 2pm not really happy right now won't stay there again dont give them your credit card

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank davewright32
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear davewright32,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Rock Hill.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
SUMMERFIELD, NC
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This past weekend my family of four spent one night at this hotel. It’s new, clean, and has attractive modern décor. It’s conveniently located off Hwy I-77 tucked away in a quiet area just off the highway.
The check-in process was quick and the front desk was courteous. Our room was nice, upscale, and exceptionally clean. The beds were comfortable and everything in the room worked as it should.
The pillows on the beds were labeled with a fancy tag stating “soft” or “firm”. After you decide which pillow you prefer, you can contact the front desk for more pillows. I thought this was neat feature. However, the pillows were about half the size in length as a standard pillow. I wasn’t a big fan, but my wife and kids loved them.
There is no continental breakfast offered at this hotel, so if that’s important to you, do not stay here. There is free coffee offered in the lobby area, and I will say, the coffee was very good. This hotel does have a restaurant that serves both breakfast and dinner. Although it has wonderful reviews, I thought it was expensive for breakfast. For example, a 3 egg omlette was $6.99. What I call a “golfer’s special”, 2 eggs, bacon or sausage, grits or hasbrowns, and toast, was $9.99. I estimate it would have cost my family of four an easy $45+ with drinks and tip to eat breakfast. Instead we drove down to the next exit and ate at The Little Café. It was a GREAT breakfast and cost us a total of $21, including drinks.
As with most hotels, the pool was small. The picture shown online is deceiving as it creates the illusion the pool it’s quite a bit larger than it actually is. In reality, crop half of the picture shown online, and that’s the actual pool size. My kids were a bit disappointed but still went swimming.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay at Holiday Inn, Rock Hill. It’s a nice property and I would definitely stay there again. My only real gripe is that I feel that $147.00 per night for a room with 2 Queen beds and no continental breakfast was a little pricey. There were better deals online to be had at other hotels, but Holiday Inn was located closest to where we needed to be. In the end we opted for the convenience Holiday Inn's location.

Pros:
-Hotel is new
-Room décor is modern and clean
-Beds are comfortable
-Room was exceptionally clean and smelled good
-Check in was efficient
-Staff was quick to address request for additional towels and wash cloths
-Restaurants and shopping are close by

Cons:
-Cost
-No continental breakfast

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dspiderwebb
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This is a wonderful experience. I travel a great deal for business and stayed in 5 properties during the week (All of them Holiday Inn), and this one will blow you away. From live entertainment in the lounge, to the 5 star resturaunt, it is worth every penny. The wait staff, Aubrey and Keaton were wonderful and after a long week, it was like having dinner with friends. I paid what I considered a high price for a salad.....questioned my decision.....until I tasted it!!
Amazing....
Also a gluten free chocolate cake that was out of this world....
I'm trying to plan a personal trip to the area, just so I can take my husband to dinner at this place.

Room Tip: We checked out the patios, the pool area, the resturaunt, and the lounge.....everything was literall...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business