“Excellent place to stay”

TownePlace Suites Rock Hill
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

As we head to Hilton Head in the winter, we have made it a regular stop since the hotel opened. The service is outstanding, the beds are very comfortable, every thing is clean and fresh. We like the location and breakfast, too. But the best thing it has going for it is the staff. They are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
People really make a place, don't they? Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel, especially our team here at the TownePlace Suites.

I think we have the best team and hotel here in Rock Hill and I personally appreciate that you choose to stay with us each time you come through our area!

Enjoy Hilton Head and we'll see you next time!

Ryan Tilden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Georgia
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Rooms were perfect for a short stay that allowed for a kitchen and work area. Internet connection was very good without any complicated connection issues or proxies.

Breakfast was included, which is very nice for getting out the door early in the morning and getting a quick bite to eat without dealing with the hassle of restaurant and waiting for food.

Hotel is new and facility was very clean.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel here on Trip Advisor!

Thank you for also mentioning what a great layout and space we have to offer in our guest suites. I can explain it to potential guests over the phone, but it means so much more coming from a guest.

Thank you again for your business and we look forward to accommodating you again on future stays to Rock Hill

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed there for my son's tennis tournament.

The property and rooms were spacious and clean, and the beds were comfortable. Although it was completely booked, everything was very quiet. Whenever we walked in, we were greeted cheerfully and asked if we needed anything. What a nice touch. It seemed like everyone was happy to be working there.

They just started serving a hot breakfast, so it was nice to have eggs, sausage and waffles in addition to the selection of breads, cereals, and yogurts. The woman who was managing the food service took a lot of pride in her work, and it showed in the presentation, cleanliness, and quality. She even got my son to say "yes, ma'am!"

We actually had some confusion at check-in about the requested room type and size that resulted in a higher room charge. The next morning, the manager (Ryan) drove over just to speak with me and resolve my concerns. He altered the reservation and made things right -- actually in my favor. Not that I want to have problems, but having someone take ownership and go out of his way to resolve will ensure that we stay here for the next tournament.

Room Tip: The fold-out bed mattress is the typical thin variety. Don't expect to be very comfortable on it...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Thank you very much for the wonderful review here on Trip Advisor! It really means a lot to myself and the team here at the TownePlace Suites when our guests take the time to review our property.

We look forward to accommodating you again the next time a tennis tournament brings you here to Rock Hill. If I can ever be of service please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We drove to Rock Hill on Christmas day to spend one night and surprise my sister. We love to stay in a Marriott facility, they are always very clean and pleasant. This facility was no exception. We were very comfortable, with lots of room. Loved that we could take our little dog and not stash him at the vet. Very convenient 1st floor room room for taking him out and close to the car. Reasonably priced. Normally I would have stayed at my sisters, but her children and their families were visiting for the holiday, so this was a great get away for us! Should the occasion arise to need a hotel in Rock Hill, TownePlace Suites by Marriott will be my choice again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Carol B, thank you very much for taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor! Your comments are truly appreciated by myself and the team here at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott.

Having a pet myself, I really appreciate that there are still hotels that offer pet friendly rooms! Like the one you stayed in, ours are all on the first floor by entrances to allow you easy acess to our grassy pet play areas!

Thank you again for your review, and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Rock Hill.

Hernando, Florida
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We always select this facility when traveling up North (and when we return). It has always been clean and the staff has always been very friendly. Very good restaurants are less than 5 minutes away.

Room Tip: We select a "high floor" studio for the 2 of us. It is very affordable and provides ample...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor!

We truly appreciate that you continue to choose staying with us, because loyalty can only be earned through consistent quality service and product. I'm also glad you were able to enjoy one of the many dining options in our immediate area.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip North...or South!

Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We stayed at the Town Place Suites Rock Hill two nights during a quick trip to the area to see the grand kids late October. As this was our first time staying at this hotel I read every review I could find. Except for the one or two reviews that came across as maybe being confused with some other hotel, I figured it must be a good place. I was wrong with my assessment - it was better!

The front desk staff was some of the nicest people that we have ever met at any hotel! They made walking into the hotel feel like we were coming home.

Our room was very nice - clean, spacious, and well furnished. It had a nice kitchen area, a well thought out work area for the business traveler, nice sofa area and bed. This room had more closet area for hanging clothes than my first apartment! There is no way even two people could bring enough clothes (even for a extended business trip) to fill that closet. I really appreciated the heavy thick drapes - they did a good job blocking the bright parking lot security light.

The only negative thing is the Continental breakfast is a bit lacking. But in all fairness, the rooms have a stove top, refrigerator and microwave. There are lots of “grab and go” things for the business person dashing out the door. There are restaurants nearby so if you don’t want to cook, you have lots of options.

Would we stay here again? You bet! We have a now go to place to stay at when we are in the area, or anyplace our travels take us!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Wow. Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We really take pride in our hotel's cleanliness, comfort and customer service and I am so glad that you and your wife were able to personally experience that!

We certainly look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Rock Hill. As of January 10, 2012 we have added hot items to our breakfast selection and it has been a huge success with our guests. If you make it through in the summer, be sure to bring the grandkids over to enjoy our outdoor pool!

Thank you for your business, and again, for taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Let me start by saying I stay In over 20 hotels a year due to my work, and my family and I decided to drive to PA from FL this Christmas, and chose to stay overnight here. I've always been fond of Marriott properties, but have never stayed at a TownePlace Suites. From the moment I checked in, I was warmly welcomed and very efficiently taken care of. Staff from the management down to the front desk associate were extremely friendly, and very caring. They even gave our dog a Christmas care package with a chew bone and squeaky toy my dog loved! The room was very clean, and met every expectation I had. The suite has a very nice kitchenette with fridge/freezer, microwave, sink, and even dishes and glasses. Nice walk in closet, and the room was roomy enough for my wife,son, and myself. even small things like having an outlet next to the bed are important to me for charging my cell phone, and they had this and plenty more accessible outlets. Nice flat screen HD TV with good channel selection. Free breakfast in the morning, and free wifi in the room completed this excellent stay. I will definately return here again and highly recommend to anyone else looking for an easily accessible hotel off Rt.77. Great restaurants and large shopping mall next door as well.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike G
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, 29 December 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences here on Trip Advisor!

After reading your review I remember speaking with you over the phone regarding your reservation. I appreciate the many wonderful things you said about our hotel and staff.

Ours is the business of hospitality, and it is truly a pleasure for each one of us at the TownePlace Suites to be able to accommodate you, and all our guests. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again on your next pass through Rock Hill!