“Great place to stay!!”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Hamilton, Canada
“Great place to stay!!”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at this location on our way to Florida and were very happy with the accommodations. The rooms were oversize with good kitchen facilities and a full size fridge. The staff was friendly and check-in was quick. I would recommend this location to anyone. Our room was spotless.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Raymond F
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for your review! I truly appreciate that you took the time to log into TripAdvisor and review our hotel.

Our staff works very hard to make each guest experience a memorable one, and I am so glad that you had the opportunity to experience that at our TownePlace Suites.

Thank you again for your review, and your business. We look forward to being of service again on your next trip through Rock Hill..happy travels until then!

Ryan Tilden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed 1 March 2012

The room had everything we needed and more. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We also really appreciated the area map in the lobby. Thank you.

Room Tip: Our staff occupied 4 rooms and all were very nice.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear Pam K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! I am so glad to hear that you and your staff had an enjoyable stay. Being the only long-term stay hotel in Rock Hill, our suites do have a lot more to offer in the way of space and amenities, like the full refrigerator and dishwasher.

We look forward to showing you that same friendly and helpful service on your next visit to Rock Hill!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I have an office in the area, and I come to Rock Hill semi-frequently. I've watched this property break ground, be built, and go through its first years of business. During my last trip in March 2010, I stayed here for the first time. I don't recall too many problems then, obviously it was good enough for me to come back a second time.

I checked in on Monday. I agree with all other reviews: the staff is very friendly and helpful. They let me check in early, which was a great thing at the time. When I got to my room, I unpacked my bags and went off to work. The following morning, as I stood over the bathtub in my birthday suit, I turned on the bathtub faucet and lifted the shower lever. The tub faucet shot off the wall, into the tub, and water sprayed from the pipe. I was then wide awake.

Fortunately, a quick call to the Front Desk scored me a new room. Oddly, the receptionist sounded unsurprised by this morning's events. Upon entering my new room, I noticed a strange, but not imposing odor lingering inside. The overhead lights in the room did not work. The bathroom fan...well, I've heard quieter Blue Angels shows in downtown Chicago. And there's no separate switch to shut the thing off; it comes on with the light.

The internet. Could not keep a WiFi signal on my phone, and I'll have to copy & paste this review just in case I have no connection to finish the post.

SUMMARY: Nice place, well-decorated, very friendly & accomodating staff. But watch for flying faucets and soggy internet. I'll be at one of the places next door.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank WhatHome
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for taking the time to submit your review here on Trip Advisor.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you encountered during your recent stay with us. Your experience at our hotel is definitely not the typical guest experience, as we take pride in making sure our hotel is safe, comfortable and clean for everyone.

If you would like to contact me personally I would really appreciate the opportunity to make this right for you.

Weirton
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed here on a trip. The staff could not be nicer. It is very close to many restaurants, but if you are not going out to eat, you will get a great free breakfast in the morning. We enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind and sincere review here on Trip Advisor! It is great to hear such positive feedback regarding our breakfast since we upgraded it. Guest feedback is so valuable and we truly appreciate yours!

Thank you again for staying with us and please come see us again on your next trip through Rock Hill.

Valdese, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2012

In the area for a swim meet recently and found the hotel to be a great place to stay. We needed a late check out and found the staff very accomodating. Room was great, breakfast was great, but the staff were awesome!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us here on Trip Advisor! It truly makes my day to hear such wonderful comments about our hotel and especially, our TownePlace Suites by Marriott Team!

We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you again on your next visit to Rock Hill.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

We didn't get to spend much time in the hotel, but the beds were great and the breakfast was hearty. wish we were staying longer to get a chance to really all the hotel had to offer!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! I can tell by your username...sportmama...that you must be a busy woman, so spending much time in the hotel probably never happens!

However, should you and your fellow Sport Mom All Stars ever decide to have a Girls Weekend we have a lot to offer here in Rock Hill, from shopping and shows, to just lounging around the pool. We would love for you to come back and be able to enjoy our city and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 20 January 2012

As we head to Hilton Head in the winter, we have made it a regular stop since the hotel opened. The service is outstanding, the beds are very comfortable, every thing is clean and fresh. We like the location and breakfast, too. But the best thing it has going for it is the staff. They are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
People really make a place, don't they? Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel, especially our team here at the TownePlace Suites.

I think we have the best team and hotel here in Rock Hill and I personally appreciate that you choose to stay with us each time you come through our area!

Enjoy Hilton Head and we'll see you next time!