“Great hotel---super friendly staff!”

TownePlace Suites Rock Hill
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Rock Hill
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I chose this hotel for 2 weeks of business so that I could bring along my Shih Tzu. Could not be happier with my choice! The hotel is in a very safe area---Studio room is just right--full size refrigerator, microwave, 2 burner stove, microwave and dishes. Breakfast is very good with wide variety of selections and the "breakfast lady" is a bright and sunny start to my day with her positive personality! Lots of good restaurants within a mile of hotel. Guest laundry that is reasonably priced. All areas of hotel are kept very clean, even the outdoor "pet park"--poopy bags are even provided. Very reliable and fast WiFi for a hotel. The only thing I would change (if I were building this hotel) would be to have the bathroom fan and light independently controlled---I like to listen to the morning news when getting ready for work and it is impossible because the fan is too loud. THANKS for a GREAT STAY!

Room Tip: For pet-owners, request a room on the 1st floor on the end where the pool is---that is the closest e...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear Lincolntonretiree,

From the TownePlace Suites by Marriott - Rock Hill Team...THANK YOU! Your review of our hotel was greeted with much enthusiasm by all of us! We were truly honored that you chose our hotel to be your "home away from home" for 2 weeks and are glad you were able to truly have a worry free stay! We have a lot of guests that stay anywhere from 2 days, to 2 years, and we really strive to make each stay unique for each guest.

Thank you again for your review. It's guests like you who remind us WHY we love what we do!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Definitely a nice property. Quality rooms, Very modern, nicely furnished with kitchenettes. Stayed with my Golden Retriever. Nice potty area! Comfortable bed. Granite kitchen and bathrooms. Breakfast basic but fine. A number of restaurants in immediate vicinity.

Room Tip: Ground floor would not be my preference. No other differentiators that I could tell.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear CCIndialantic,

Thanks for your review of our hotel back in the beginning of the month, and please accept my apology for the delay in responding!

As a Trip Advisor Senior Contributor, your opinion is extremely valuable in aiding other guests in making a decision on where to stay when they come to our city, and I couldn't be more grateful for the kind review! We are as delighted to accommodate our 4 legged family members as we are the 2 legged ones!

Thanks again for taking the time to fill out a review, and we look forward to seeing you again on future visits to Rock Hill!

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

This is my third stay here. My husband come to work in this area. We are staying two weeks here this time. The staff is always courteous, family & anxious to assist you. Mrs Valerie that prepares breakfast is awesome! She makes sure everyone is satified with their breakfast. She has a great cheerful personality which is really nice to be around each morning. We wouldn't stay anywhere else while n this area. Thanks to all staff members at this hotel for making us feel so at home!

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Grace_Baby,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our hotel, and sorry this response hadn't come sooner!

Ms. Val is a wonderful breakfast hostess and we are very fortunate to have her on our team! We love hearing that our guests feel like our hotel is a home away from home, because that is exactly the type of atmosphere and feel we strive to create!

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back home on your next trip to our TownePlace Suites by Marriott here in Rock Hill!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed here for one night, and I had an enjoyable stay. I would stay here again. I had a "Studio" room, which was kind of small, but adequate. One thing I will say was that while there was a closet for the luggage, there were no stands inside the closet upon which to place the luggage. Another weird thing about the luggage closet was that it had two entrances -- one from just inside the door to the room, the other was in the bathroom. So, if someone was in the bathroom with a locked door, someone could still enter the bathroom through the luggage closet. That was an unusual design. Other than those things, everything else about the room was satisfactory.

The property was located close to the Interstate, had complimentary parking, and safety was not a concern. The property has an outdoor pool, and BBQ pit which could be used for grilling out. The morning breakfast was adequate, and had a good variety of hot and cold items. The staff I encountered were all super-friendly and accommodating.

I would stay here again, and I would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Big80s
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Hi Big80's,

Thanks for you recent in-depth review of our hotel! Like you I found the design for the closet a little "weird" on my first encounter with this hotel. However, being able to pull a bathrobe from the closet, or a t-shirt, etc, has proven to be a great feature for our guests. The studios are typically single rooms, which would offset the privacy concern of access, but I do see your point.

I really appreciate all the wonderful things you said about the breafast, BBQ area and especially the staff. We all work hard to make sure our guests have a friendly and relaxing experience while staying with us!

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We arrived at TownePlace Suites mid-way on our trip south to Hilton Head. The front desk person assigned us to a room on the third floor, which when we entered, reeked of smoke. We called down and were moved to a first floor room which was ok. Interesting that the room's A/C was on full blast and the windows were open. On the floor we found the bill from the prior occupant. So trying to figure out how that could still be there after housekeeping had cleaned the room. We gave it to the front desk folks - curious to know if they really fine people for smoking in the room. So our initial impression was not good - ad said they offered free breakfast but we couldn't see any place where that could be possible. Surprised the next morning to find a door slid open and a full breakfast including scrambled eggs, sausage, waffle maker, 2 juices, coffee, muffins, etc. So that took away some of our discomfort from the check-in experience. They also have a very nice outdoor sitting area with barbeque grills and a small outdoor pool.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Favorites
Ryan T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Favorites from Parma,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor. I was certainly surprised to hear of the challenges you encountered, and I myself would feel a bit uncomfortable had that been my experience.

Having said that, I pride myself on working with a team of individuals dedicated to exceeding our guests expectations. It is clear that there was a hiccup regarding your room and I would love to find out more information from you so as to ensure we correct whatever caused the oversight you experienced.

On a separate topic, we are happy to offer a 100% Smoke Free Environment at all Marriott Hotels, however, as you encountered, the $250.00 fee is not always a deterrent. I can assure you that we charge it, and Marriott backs us completely.

Thank you for mentioning the breakfast. I wish it could have been more of an unexpected delight, as opposed to something to "soften the blow" regarding the room experiences up to that point. My hope is that you will return and give us another opportunity to wow you with the same service and experience that dozens of past reviewers have shared with the world. If I can be of any service whatsoever, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed here one night and enjoyed southern hospitality. Even though we are from NC, SC is definitely different:) Staff were attentive and helpful, accommodated a request when possible. Breakfast was nice and great. Pool onsite was really cool. Would recommend this place for anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Anonymous49463,

Thank you for your simple and well said description of your experience at our TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Rock Hill, SC.

We certainly pride ourselves on our Guest Services, and it's nice to hear another southerner mention and appreciate the hospitality we are so proud to share with y'all. I hope this will not be your last trip to our hotel, and look forward to being able to meet and exceed your expectations for future stays.

Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

I am very very picky about where I stay. The choices in Rock Hill are somewhat limited. I chose this because trip advisor has never led me wrong before. We arrived at the hotel late on Friday and the gentleman at the front desk could not have been nicer. Always a good sign. We were in town so my husband could spend time with his son so my plans for Saturday were to hang out in the room. Housekeeping came by early and I had left the do not disturb on the room. When the very nice lady stopped by (after I had taken the sign down very very late in the afternoon) she said it was no problem and not to worry about it at all. The hotel is spotless. The room was the perfect size for two people for the weekend. I would certaily go back when we stay in the area again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Drob504

Dear Drob504,

Wow, I love when I get to read reviews from Senior and Top Contributors like yourself, that mention specifically WHY they loved our hotel.

As a frequent traveler and Trip Advisor contributor, your opinion is read and relied on by thousands of potential guests. I am so thankful that you took the time to provide such wonderful feedback regarding the service and accommodations you experienced. If I can be of any service during future stays, please, consider me at your disposal.