“If i could give a negative rating I would”
Review of Bestway Inn

Bestway Inn
Bestway Inn
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Rock Hill
Reviewed 29 May 2012

So booked this hotel through a booking site at a cheap rate so not much expected. We checked in very late and decided before we went up to get a bite to eat at local drive thru. So 10 minutes after checking in walked up to the room and my wife of course pulls the cover down first to inspect to make sure the bed linnen has been changed and what do you think she found. A roach on the bed so we called down to the front desk and they said they would send someone up. So a young ma came up and first words out of his mouth "how many more did you see" okay wow. So of course my wife is upset and ready to leave I was told to walk to the lobby to talk to the manager. When I arrived at the lobby was greeted by a man who said he was the owner and asked what was wrong. "really" So after going through everything he offered me another room which I declined just wanted my money back. So after expressing the review that I was going to leave on the booking site. Well that enraged the "OWNER" So now I was told I was only going to recieve 50% of my money back. Mind you I was in there hotel for a matter of less than 20 min. So I would not stay there ever again. Please stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Unhappy229

Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed one might here, for a weekend night the total price plus tax was $38.80. Overall, I was happy, it worked out well for me.

The room was fair-sized, with TV, mini-fridge, microwave and a hair dryer in the bathroom area. It didn't have a clock nor a coffee machine (which I never use). I have my own clock, but they probably have a wake-up call system if you need it. Everything was clean, no pests, and in at least serviceable condition. They did supply soap and shampoo. I agree with a prior review that the towels were a bit small and thin, although they were sufficient for me. You might want to ask for extras if someone else is in the room.

The bed was very comfortable, with extra blankets on it. I also didn't care for the pillows, they were flat and rather hard; I always carry my own pillow anyway, so that wasn't a big issue. There was no noise or other disturbances despite a fairly high occupancy, and I was able to get a very good night's sleep.

Internet access was very fast and reliable, and it was no issue to connect. There were also ample power outlets for chargers and power supplies.

Overall, there were no major issues, and I found the room to be fairly good for the price. It is very convenient to Highway 77, and is in a district of small motels and fast food.

Room Tip: Bring your own clock, and pillow if you don't like those small motel pillows. Be sure to ask fo...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Made reservation online,had confirmation number. Went to check in and the [--] behind the desk says that I don't have a reservation. But I've got a confirmation #. Doesn't matter he replies. No explanion other than he won't honor the confirmed reservation. Needless to say that I was pissed and left. Went across the steet to the Rock Hill Inn and stayed for the same money. By the way the Rock Hill Inn is a little rough around the edges (need painting ect) but the manager was very nice.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank journaltk
Reviewed 6 March 2010

I stayed here for two nights for a fishing tournament. I don't usually expect a lot but the standards would be nice. The room overall was not bad, two beds, tv. small fridge and a hair dryer. The room was clean and in good shape overall. My issues are: there are two bath towels just a little larger than hand towels and thin. There was no shampoo and no clock. The room was not serviced after day one. I was lucky to have brought my own coffee and filters and I had to buy a clock. In closing for the reason I was there it was OK but I wouldn't stay there with my family.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2009

I reserved a "3 star" hotel through Hotwire and received a room at The Bestway Inn in Rock Hill, SC.
I travel often and typically stay in 2-3 star hotels. Often, especially when arriving late and just needing a place to clean up and sleep, I stay in one of the nicer low end chains, such as Microtel or Motel 6, that offer a clean room, bed and bath with few amenities for a good price. Bestway doesn't even do that. It's a shabby establishment that offers very little and what it does offer is below standard; drab room with torn, stained wall paper, 2 flat pillows, 2 small coarse towels, damaged furniture.
What they refer to as their continental breakfast, (2 sugary cereals, 1 kind of bagel, a few mini muffins, OJ and coffee), offered sour milk for the coffee and no butter or cream cheese for the bagel, no fruit and one 2 seat table.
They have no amenities one would associate with a 3 star hotel, no lobby seating area, no pool, no gym, no restaurant, no business center, not even a single computer in the lobby. They don't even do a good job as an inexpensive motel.
I would NOT recommend this motel. You'll have better luck with one of the better known chains.
I would also be very wary about using Hotwire. I've used it before and had good luck but this shabby one star motel was sold, with no refund, as a 3 star hotel comparable to "Holiday Inn, Radisson, DoubleTree, and other respected hotel brands". Not even close.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business