Bestway Inn
Fairfield Inn
US$106
US$108
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I recently visited this hotel on a family trip to Charlotte, NC. While I was not the one who paid for the accommodations, I did have to stay there. The room looked well kept at first inspection. I do not spend more than 2 nights per year on average in a hotel room so I didn't think to check the bathing accommodations or how the toilet flushes.
I must say there was an ice storm in progress and they did have rock salt for the parking lot they chose not to use until it was absolutely necessary. However, in their defense they did put it down at the car when the elderly riders were exiting. (I could have expected that service anywhere else!)
I didn't see any bugs as other reviews suggested but there were signs all over that people could NOT cook in their rooms. However, there was a microwave available. Go figure. On the other hand a man did come to the door with blankets for us when we did not ask for them.
When I was ready to bathe I noticed mildew on the shower head and a substantial amount of filth on the white tub which looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in many visits. The commode took 3 times to flush and clear anything out of it after the first time it was used. The toilet paper was very thin and sufficient towels, cups, and coffee were not left for us to utilized.
I didn't complain because I figured I was getting what I paid for. However, once someone else had to flush the commode it backed up and we had to call someone to come fix it. Two men came in and plunged it using the towels we had in there to clean up the mess.
After waking in the morning a maid let herself in while 3 of us were conversing. She quickly apologized and excused herself telling us she had the wrong room. After a 3rd attempt at using the commode it still wouldn't flush at all this time and I was slightly perturbed at the response I received from the office personnel. He blamed us for using too much tissue and clogging the toilet. I was irate and decided I needed to have a face to face conversation with him. As I was just about to the entry door to the office area I slipped and fell on some ice falling to my knees. I quickly picked myself up to regroup and attempted a discussion with the employee in the office. He continued to interrupt me and would not let me speak. I asked to speak to the manager of whom he said would not be in the office until 1pm. I sat and spoke to my family who were eating breakfast at this time and as I got up realized my knee took a hard hit. I then asked the employee if I could file an accident report should the need arise to visit a doctor regarding my knee. There was no such form so I was told to call the manager when he was to come in that afternoon. I explained to the employee that I was from out of town and had meetings to attend that afternoon requesting that he call him now. He told me he could not give me the number. We bantered for quite some time and I decided to write them my own accident report and leave it with them. I asked for a copy of the report I had written and was refused because they "have no copier". So I wrote another copy, asking him to check it out to see if it was in fact the same as the other copy. He obliged but wouldn't initial it after calling his manager FINALLY. The manager told me that he would call the police if I gave his employee any more problems because he was not to sign anything. As you can imagine this could have gone on and on, however, I was not going to let it get me down. I just chalked it up to experience and vowed to tell everyone I could to watch out for those discount sites. You probably should expect what you pay for.... I didn't!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 280TinaS
Reviewed 29 May 2012

So booked this hotel through a booking site at a cheap rate so not much expected. We checked in very late and decided before we went up to get a bite to eat at local drive thru. So 10 minutes after checking in walked up to the room and my wife of course pulls the cover down first to inspect to make sure the bed linnen has been changed and what do you think she found. A roach on the bed so we called down to the front desk and they said they would send someone up. So a young ma came up and first words out of his mouth "how many more did you see" okay wow. So of course my wife is upset and ready to leave I was told to walk to the lobby to talk to the manager. When I arrived at the lobby was greeted by a man who said he was the owner and asked what was wrong. "really" So after going through everything he offered me another room which I declined just wanted my money back. So after expressing the review that I was going to leave on the booking site. Well that enraged the "OWNER" So now I was told I was only going to recieve 50% of my money back. Mind you I was in there hotel for a matter of less than 20 min. So I would not stay there ever again. Please stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Unhappy229
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed one might here, for a weekend night the total price plus tax was $38.80. Overall, I was happy, it worked out well for me.

The room was fair-sized, with TV, mini-fridge, microwave and a hair dryer in the bathroom area. It didn't have a clock nor a coffee machine (which I never use). I have my own clock, but they probably have a wake-up call system if you need it. Everything was clean, no pests, and in at least serviceable condition. They did supply soap and shampoo. I agree with a prior review that the towels were a bit small and thin, although they were sufficient for me. You might want to ask for extras if someone else is in the room.

The bed was very comfortable, with extra blankets on it. I also didn't care for the pillows, they were flat and rather hard; I always carry my own pillow anyway, so that wasn't a big issue. There was no noise or other disturbances despite a fairly high occupancy, and I was able to get a very good night's sleep.

Internet access was very fast and reliable, and it was no issue to connect. There were also ample power outlets for chargers and power supplies.

Overall, there were no major issues, and I found the room to be fairly good for the price. It is very convenient to Highway 77, and is in a district of small motels and fast food.

Room Tip: Bring your own clock, and pillow if you don't like those small motel pillows. Be sure to ask for the internet access code when you check in.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Made reservation online,had confirmation number. Went to check in and the [--] behind the desk says that I don't have a reservation. But I've got a confirmation #. Doesn't matter he replies. No explanion other than he won't honor the confirmed reservation. Needless to say that I was pissed and left. Went across the steet to the Rock Hill Inn and stayed for the same money. By the way the Rock Hill Inn is a little rough around the edges (need painting ect) but the manager was very nice.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank journaltk
Reviewed 6 March 2010

I stayed here for two nights for a fishing tournament. I don't usually expect a lot but the standards would be nice. The room overall was not bad, two beds, tv. small fridge and a hair dryer. The room was clean and in good shape overall. My issues are: there are two bath towels just a little larger than hand towels and thin. There was no shampoo and no clock. The room was not serviced after day one. I was lucky to have brought my own coffee and filters and I had to buy a clock. In closing for the reason I was there it was OK but I wouldn't stay there with my family.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends