“Good location , old hotel”

Courtyard Rock Hill
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Good location , old hotel”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

New paint does not substitute nice surrounding. The area is very warm in the summer, the air conditioning in the room was not working correctly. The room smelled very musty. The furniture was at least 10 years or older . We tried two different rooms and they both were warm.
I cannot recommend this particular Marriott Courtyard. I am normally very satisfied with Courtyards, this one needs a major remodel.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Steven S
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Rock Hill, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Steven S,

I hope this finds you well in beautiful Virginia!

It is with my sincerest apologies that we did not meet all of your expectations and it is with sadness and regret that my team was not able to sense your discontent and offer their personal service resolution. Furthermore, I do greatly appreciate your honesty and opinioned review.

In regards to the hotel, we stay 100% committed to continually enhancing our amenities; in fact, our hotel was fully renovated in 2010. The majority of our guests love our stylish rooms and all the amazing amenities offered.

We recognize that there are great Courtyard properties and we are completely dedicated to frequent improvements of our amenities so that we may strive to meet and exceed every guest’s expectations.

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and to demonstrate our commitment to excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you.

Katie.Register@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ontario
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott, Rock Hill, SC in early June for business. This Marriott was clean, comfortable and accommodating. As it was for business, it was a great place to start the day and end it. Rooms were well proportioned, with all the amenities. It was quiet and I enjoyed my time there.

Room Tip: All rooms good.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear stylishdigs,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon!

Richmond Hill, Georgia
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is a very clean hotel with fantastic service. Melvin Clark checked us in and he was extremely helpful. The breakfast provided a variety of healthy options. I would definitely recommend this facility to any traveler.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Marqx,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We truly appreciate it as we are always striving toward complete guest satisfaction. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will most definitely pass on your kind words to Melvin. Thanks for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill. We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Weston, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I travel extensively and this was not my first stay at this hotel. It is always such a pleasant experience, great customer service and everyone makes you fell at home but this time it was service beyond the call of duty.
I got up extremely early and was down for Starbucks at about 6:00 am after waiting a while a young man by the name od "Dusty" ask if he could help me, I told him I wanted Hot Chocolate (which is not on their menu", he proceeded to tell me that they don't open until 6:30 but he could try to help me. He went behind the counter, looked at me and said "I don't know how to make it but let's see what I can do for you. He pulled out a recipe and followed it, when done he said... it might not be good, but I tried. He made the BEST Hot Chocolate EVER. A gem of an employee, his dedication and willingness to help the customer was more than anyone could ever ask for. Congratulations to Courtyard Marriott for the excellent selection of employees. I love it there !!!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot have beautiful trees as a view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear Belkis O,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with other travelers. Also, we would like to thank you for being a return guest. Your loyalty means the world to us! We will make sure to pass your kind words onto Dusty. He is a true asset to the Courtyard by Marriott and to all of our guests. Thanks again for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Just a fantastic experience, friendly staff, clean and well maintained. These folks should be proud of this place. It's the best we've in years of travel. This will defiantly be on our radar anytime we are back in the area.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Davbeab,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a great review! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the true southern hospitality our staff has to offer. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Until then, take care!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Cleanliness, location, amenities & Rob at the front desk. He was amazing and even though we had a horrible experience at another hotel and it was 12:30am when we checked in, he was so accommodating and friendly we completely forgot how miserable we were! The young ladies at the restaurant downstairs accommodated my gluten allergy and prepared me a delicious variation of the breakfast menu that was safe for me to eat. Most definitely would stay there again.

Room Tip: 3 stars on a review does not equal a 3 STAR hotel. Choose names you know that are synonymous with q...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear KimberlyHaney,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your great experience with other travelers. We truly appreciate your feedback and service excellence is our number one priority. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to our staff members for a job well done. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The lobby was pimp. However, the chlorine was so high that your eyes burned just walking in. We stayed in a handicapped room #317. There was a recent patch in the shower wall. It was something you would see at a Motel 6. The room was clean, flat screen TV and nice sheets. Courtyards no longer offer free breakfasts. The pool and Jacuzzi are open till 11. WE booked on the phone and got online rate.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Rock Hill, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear kbelle71,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers! We truly appreciate your opinion as we are always striving toward complete guest satisfaction.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and all the fantastic amenities the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill has to offer. Just to update you-- The tub in room 317 was in the process of being refinished and changes were being made to comply to ADA standards. We were waiting on a new handlebar, which is why you saw the patch (measuring about 6 inches long). We do apologize for this inconvenience and can assure you that this is not typical standard. We are constantly upgrading and renovating to ensure that we provide our guests with nothing short of excellent.

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill. We hope to welcome you back soon so you can see for yourself the changes we have made.