“Solid -but lose the attitude”

Courtyard Rock Hill
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Solid -but lose the attitude”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Stay here regularly. One night I got the room over the main entrance n second floor. Totally loud and smelled like smoke. The reason was people hang outside the front door and smoke and chat. Awful awful awful room. Told the guy at the desk in the morning and he copped a total attitude. What a jerk. This is the overnight guy. Clearly either sleep deprived or a jerk. I stay at townehome now because I don't like attitude. Even though courtyard is clearly nicer

Stayed July 2013
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Rock Hill, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear NCPETE,

It is with my sincerest apologies that we did not meet all of your expectations and it is with sadness and regret that our team member was not able to offer their personal service resolution. Furthermore, I do greatly appreciate your honesty and opinioned review.

Unfortunately, management was not given the opportunity to address your concerns while you were here. We strive toward complete guest satisfaction and the unacceptable service you received is not typical of our staff here. We are completely dedicated to customer service and southern hospitality so that we may strive to meet and exceed every guest’s expectations.

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and to demonstrate our commitment to service excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again so that I can personally set up your reservation. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you.

Katie.Register@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Summerfield, Florida
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My husband and I stopped here on our way home and we were very impressed with the hotel. The staff was very friendly, everything seemed very new. The chocolate covered pretzel was a nice touch, but I think if they had freshly baked cookies like the Hampton, it would have been a better treat. Our room was very spacious with a fridge and microwave, which we utilized. The bathroom was quite large and very clean. The beds were very comfortable, something which is extremely important to my husband, as he has a bad back! They did not have a complimentary breakfast, but they did have a lovely bistro with yummy choices and reasonable prices. Outback Steakhouse was right across the parking lot, so my hubby and I walked over there for dinner before retiring for the night. The hotel has easy on and off access to I-77, which makes it very convenient. We travel quite a bit back and forth from Florida to New York, taking the same route and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Karen T,

We hope your travels back to sunny Florida were pleasant!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your pit stop home. On behalf of the entire Courtyard by Marriott team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New York. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your husband!

We hope to see y'all again!

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Marriott properties quite a bit over the last 8 years and staying here has to be one of the worst Marriott experiences I have had. Had it not been late and at the end of a long day, I would have left. The room smelled strongly of mold and the temperature had to be in the high 50's - I could have hung meat in the room and been okay. My efforts to bring the temperature up to normal human conditions led to the discovery that the window unit was broken - it would not turn off. The decor, furniture, and everything in the room was old, run down, and dated. The white sink had a yello hue AND the toilet seat was broken. On a positive note, the room did appear to be clean and the lobby was nice. The maid-service-rapping-on-my-door-with-a-key was my unexpected alarm for the day. Not a good experience.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Road W
Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Easy access from I-77; well signed location. Room was already cool when arriving on a very hot day. Nice & quiet even though close to the interstate. Easy parking not far from front entrance that was well lighted. Breakfast cooked to order in a timely manner the next morning. All front desk personnel very helpful & cheerful. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed 11 August 2013

New paint does not substitute nice surrounding. The area is very warm in the summer, the air conditioning in the room was not working correctly. The room smelled very musty. The furniture was at least 10 years or older . We tried two different rooms and they both were warm.
I cannot recommend this particular Marriott Courtyard. I am normally very satisfied with Courtyards, this one needs a major remodel.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Steven S
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Rock Hill, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Steven S,

I hope this finds you well in beautiful Virginia!

It is with my sincerest apologies that we did not meet all of your expectations and it is with sadness and regret that my team was not able to sense your discontent and offer their personal service resolution. Furthermore, I do greatly appreciate your honesty and opinioned review.

In regards to the hotel, we stay 100% committed to continually enhancing our amenities; in fact, our hotel was fully renovated in 2010. The majority of our guests love our stylish rooms and all the amazing amenities offered.

We recognize that there are great Courtyard properties and we are completely dedicated to frequent improvements of our amenities so that we may strive to meet and exceed every guest’s expectations.

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and to demonstrate our commitment to excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you.

Ontario
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott, Rock Hill, SC in early June for business. This Marriott was clean, comfortable and accommodating. As it was for business, it was a great place to start the day and end it. Rooms were well proportioned, with all the amenities. It was quiet and I enjoyed my time there.

Room Tip: All rooms good.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear stylishdigs,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon!

Richmond Hill, Georgia
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is a very clean hotel with fantastic service. Melvin Clark checked us in and he was extremely helpful. The breakfast provided a variety of healthy options. I would definitely recommend this facility to any traveler.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Marqx,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We truly appreciate it as we are always striving toward complete guest satisfaction. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will most definitely pass on your kind words to Melvin. Thanks for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill. We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!