“Bumbed that Marriott can't maintain standards”

Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Rock Hill
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I find it very disheartening that some courtyards are superb and others just way off the scale. This is our second bad experience..... TV in bistro sitting area doesn't work, menu not as advertised, pictures around property show food you can't get. "Limited menu" according to staff. Old furniture in room.
On the good side: very friendly staff across the board.

Unfortunately we frequent Courtyard because we know what to expect, but it seems Marriott has given up on that . From now on we will look elsewhere unless we already know the property is good.

If all I want is a room, courtyard is fine. But no free breakfast and the bistro seems to be lacking at more and more of them. Why stay here if I need to eat out anyway? Next time we will stay in Statesville. Much much much better. Unfortunately no more Gold Elite status via Courtyard... Just not worth the loyalty.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear William G,

I hope you are doing well in sunny Florida!

It is with sadness and regret to hear that your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill did not meet your expectations. We constantly strive toward 100% complete guest satisfaction and are constantly updating to ensure we meet this goal.

Regarding The Bistro, we have two pictures placed of a seasonal salad in the hotel-- one in the elevator and one at the front desk. The seasonal salad changes every few months to different ingredients and the pictures we have were used an example. We apologize for any confusion that this may have caused; we did not realize that it could be misinterpreted. We will be ordering new pictures of a different permanent Bistro item to eliminate any future confusion. Also, Marriott has added new "Bistro Lites" for a number of Courtyard Brands so that we can focus on the quality of our menu.

The Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill undergoes two unannounced Quality Assurance inspections each year where no stone goes unturned to ensure everything is to standard and up-to-date. Also, I would like to update you on the televisions in the public areas of the hotel. They are all in working order and have been so I am not too sure what happened during your stay without further clarification.

Please contact me at katie.register@marriott.com if I can be of any assistance to you. Take care, and we hope you will give us a second chance to show you that your satisfaction is our number one priority.

Yours in hospitality,

Katie Register

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

This was our overnight stop while traveling to Florida for Spring Break. The hotel was right off the freeway and a right turn on the off ramp got us there. We did not notice any freeway noise when trying to sleep. The grounds were very clean, as was the inside of the hotel. I did notice a soft - very soft - spot on the floor when you entered the room (227) - but that wouldn't stop me from returning. Jewel (front desk) was a treat to meet and helped us locate a grocery store when my wife got sick and needed some medicine in the morning. The two gals that ran the bistro were accurate, efficient and very friendly - wish I remembered their names! Breakfast was included in our overnight and the selection was small but covered the basics. I was really surprised that pancakes weren't on the menu - my kids, on the other hand, were disappointed.

I can't speak to the conditions of the pool or fitness area because we arrived late and left early! The parking lot was well-lit which is good for feeling more secure. I can tell you we've stayed at this Courtyard several times before and have never been disappointed!

Stayed: March 2014
Erin T, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear jane2001,

Thank you for taking the time to write yet another great review in regards to your recent stay at our hotel!

We appreciate the loyalty you've shown our hotel! I will make sure that your wonderful comments about our staff are passed on to them. We try to convey to our guests what true "Southern Hospitality" is supposed to look like, and I am happy to hear that this is what you have experienced when staying with us!

We hope to see you back again soon! Until then, take care. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I had stayed here several times, but this time was disappointing. I am a gold member an they didn't include my breakfast. The ice machines on the first an second floor didn't work. Went down to get something to eat at the bristo Sunday around 6:30, it was dark an closed. No warning. Don't know if I will stay here again...

Stayed: January 2014
Erin T, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear btsmith47,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us as well as other travelers on Trip Advisor!

Furthermore, I am sorry for the inconveniences you suffered during your last stay with us. Unfortunately, breakfast is not included in the rate that you booked for this stay. In the future, make sure you book our "Stay for Breakfast" rate that does include our delicious breakfast! I do apologize that it seemed the Bistro was closed when you were there on Sunday. We do open at 6:30am on the weekends, so I am not sure of the miscommunication that occured that morning. I will make sure our policies regarding breakfast are reviewed with the staff so that this does not become an issue!

We do thank you for your loyalty to the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill and we hope that you will give us a chance to show you our commitment to guest service excellence! Please don't hesitate to contact me at erin.thomson@marriott.com if I can be of service to you now or in the near future!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We have used this Courtyard as a couples escape 1-2 times a year for a while. The addition of the café, TV, PC terminals, etc. really add to the site. The staff are always friendly, location is in walking distance of Outback, Hooters, Empire Pizza. This is a good, quiet choice for family or couples.

Room Tip: There are a few balcony rooms if you ask (4 at this site)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank captjacksprrw
Erin T, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear captjacksprrw,

From the bottom of our hearts, we greatly appreciate your continued loyalty and the wonderful review you've shared with other travelers on Trip Advisor!

We are so happy to hear that you are able to enjoy the amenities we have to offer and that our recent upgrades have pleased you and your significant other!

We look forward to seeing you again soon! Until your next getaway, take care! Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Rockhill has a wonderful hotel. It has wonderful, and clean rooms. The pools are so relaxing. The service here is phenomenal. The city itself over all is amazing. It has big lights, and a variety of places to go. They have a wonderful collection of restaurants, and stores. The mall is huge, but quit expensive.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Erin T, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear Miajack22,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review! From the bottom of our hearts, we greatly appreciate the wonderful things you had to say about our hotel and our staff.

We are 100% committed to guest service excellence and complete guest satisfaction, and I am thrilled to hear that this is exactly what you experienced during your stay.

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We recently had to use the hotel for a testing site in their meeting rooms and the sales director Amanda Webb was very professional and great to work visit. Would Highly recommendend to other business in RH to use for any type of business meetings.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Karen W,

Thank you for sharing your great experience with other travelers on Trip Advisor. We have an exceptional staff here and we are happy to hear that you recognized that!

Amanda is one of our many shining stars and I will make sure that your comments are relayed to her!

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for three nights and had a good time. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and check-in and out was quick and easy. I really liked our room and found it very comfortable and spacious! There were only two downsides to our stay. One was that the morning breakfast buffet was priced very high and the selection was pretty limited. Secondly, the walls & ceilings are thin. It was VERY easy to hear the comings and goings of everyone on your floor (and sometimes the floor above you). Overall though, we really enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Amber H,

Hope all is well in Myrtle Beach! Thank you for taking the time to share such an honest and opinioned review with other travelers on Trip Advisor.

We greatly appreciate the wonderful comments about our staff! Guest service excellence is a top priority for the hotel, and I am happy to see that this is what you experienced.

I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your visit, and given the chance we would have loved to rectify these issues for you during your stay. We highly recommend our discounted "Stay for Breakfast" rate when you make a return trip! Please contact me directly at erin.thomson@marriott.com next time you plan on traveling to the area and I would love to personally coordinate this reservation for you.

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!