“Complicated Pleasure”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Athens, Georgia, United States
“Complicated Pleasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I really enioyed our night at the Courtyard Marriott. Breakfast was good,the room was clean, and the bed was amazingly comfortable.
We did have a hiccup upon arrival, asthe hotel was fully booked for the weekend. We waited for about 10 minutes before the sweet receptionist could find our room, and when we entered it someobe else was in it. Very awkward. After a 30 minute wait, our second room was perfect. Seems like a management/reservation problem and not a staff service issue.
The staff was as sweet and polite as could be, very patient and accomodating. This service is what keeps me loyal to Marriott.
-JW

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Having a great experience at this hotel. Here on business and this is the second year I've decided to stay here considering there are many options available in Rock Hill. Had one issue with my refrigerator and they sent up the maintenance staff, Eddie, he figured it out quickly and professionally making the rest of stay comfortable. Will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stopped here hoping for a room at almost 10:00p, while traveling to Florida. The person at the front desk was very friendly, and helpful. Although the bistro was preparing to close for the evening, the workers were delightful, and didn't seem to mind that we were asking them to prepare food for us minutes before they were to close. The room was clean, the common areas looked clean, and the Courtyard Staff members were friendly, accommodating and delightful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Rock Hill, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Rob567,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff showed you what true southern hospitality is all about. We hope that you enjoy your time in Florida and have a safe trip back home to New York.

We hope to welcome you back again should you ever be passing through. Thanks for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill. Take care!

Yours in hospitality,

Katie Register
Katie.Register@marriott.com
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I find it very disheartening that some courtyards are superb and others just way off the scale. This is our second bad experience..... TV in bistro sitting area doesn't work, menu not as advertised, pictures around property show food you can't get. "Limited menu" according to staff. Old furniture in room.
On the good side: very friendly staff across the board.

Unfortunately we frequent Courtyard because we know what to expect, but it seems Marriott has given up on that . From now on we will look elsewhere unless we already know the property is good.

If all I want is a room, courtyard is fine. But no free breakfast and the bistro seems to be lacking at more and more of them. Why stay here if I need to eat out anyway? Next time we will stay in Statesville. Much much much better. Unfortunately no more Gold Elite status via Courtyard... Just not worth the loyalty.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Rock Hill, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear William G,

I hope you are doing well in sunny Florida!

It is with sadness and regret to hear that your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill did not meet your expectations. We constantly strive toward 100% complete guest satisfaction and are constantly updating to ensure we meet this goal.

Regarding The Bistro, we have two pictures placed of a seasonal salad in the hotel-- one in the elevator and one at the front desk. The seasonal salad changes every few months to different ingredients and the pictures we have were used an example. We apologize for any confusion that this may have caused; we did not realize that it could be misinterpreted. We will be ordering new pictures of a different permanent Bistro item to eliminate any future confusion. Also, Marriott has added new "Bistro Lites" for a number of Courtyard Brands so that we can focus on the quality of our menu.

The Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill undergoes two unannounced Quality Assurance inspections each year where no stone goes unturned to ensure everything is to standard and up-to-date. Also, I would like to update you on the televisions in the public areas of the hotel. They are all in working order and have been so I am not too sure what happened during your stay without further clarification.

Please contact me at katie.register@marriott.com if I can be of any assistance to you. Take care, and we hope you will give us a second chance to show you that your satisfaction is our number one priority.

Yours in hospitality,

Katie Register
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

This was our overnight stop while traveling to Florida for Spring Break. The hotel was right off the freeway and a right turn on the off ramp got us there. We did not notice any freeway noise when trying to sleep. The grounds were very clean, as was the inside of the hotel. I did notice a soft - very soft - spot on the floor when you entered the room (227) - but that wouldn't stop me from returning. Jewel (front desk) was a treat to meet and helped us locate a grocery store when my wife got sick and needed some medicine in the morning. The two gals that ran the bistro were accurate, efficient and very friendly - wish I remembered their names! Breakfast was included in our overnight and the selection was small but covered the basics. I was really surprised that pancakes weren't on the menu - my kids, on the other hand, were disappointed.

I can't speak to the conditions of the pool or fitness area because we arrived late and left early! The parking lot was well-lit which is good for feeling more secure. I can tell you we've stayed at this Courtyard several times before and have never been disappointed!

Stayed March 2014
Erin T, Manager at Courtyard Rock Hill, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear jane2001,

Thank you for taking the time to write yet another great review in regards to your recent stay at our hotel!

We appreciate the loyalty you've shown our hotel! I will make sure that your wonderful comments about our staff are passed on to them. We try to convey to our guests what true "Southern Hospitality" is supposed to look like, and I am happy to hear that this is what you have experienced when staying with us!

We hope to see you back again soon! Until then, take care. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill.

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I had stayed here several times, but this time was disappointing. I am a gold member an they didn't include my breakfast. The ice machines on the first an second floor didn't work. Went down to get something to eat at the bristo Sunday around 6:30, it was dark an closed. No warning. Don't know if I will stay here again...

Stayed January 2014
Erin T, Manager at Courtyard Rock Hill, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear btsmith47,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us as well as other travelers on Trip Advisor!

Furthermore, I am sorry for the inconveniences you suffered during your last stay with us. Unfortunately, breakfast is not included in the rate that you booked for this stay. In the future, make sure you book our "Stay for Breakfast" rate that does include our delicious breakfast! I do apologize that it seemed the Bistro was closed when you were there on Sunday. We do open at 6:30am on the weekends, so I am not sure of the miscommunication that occured that morning. I will make sure our policies regarding breakfast are reviewed with the staff so that this does not become an issue!

We do thank you for your loyalty to the Courtyard by Marriott Rock Hill and we hope that you will give us a chance to show you our commitment to guest service excellence! Please don't hesitate to contact me at erin.thomson@marriott.com if I can be of service to you now or in the near future!

Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

We have used this Courtyard as a couples escape 1-2 times a year for a while. The addition of the café, TV, PC terminals, etc. really add to the site. The staff are always friendly, location is in walking distance of Outback, Hooters, Empire Pizza. This is a good, quiet choice for family or couples.

Room Tip: There are a few balcony rooms if you ask (4 at this site)