“Hilton Garden Inn is Top Notch”

Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Rock Hill
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Really nice hotel. Huge room with great bed. Excellent value for the money. We did use the pool which was OK. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Location was great right off I-77 with a decent Applebees next door.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CactusBadger
KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your feed back concerning your recent stay with us. We are pleased you enjoyed your time at our facility and that the level of service met your expectations. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a doubles room with my parents for two nights. We were in town for a wedding and many other wedding guests stayed there too. The service was excellent, very prompt and courteous even though the group was rowdy at times. There were other groups staying there too, but we could hardly tell, the service was so good.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank smandw
KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your scores and positive feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed our facility and service. Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn for your travel needs. Your business is very important to us and we look forward to serving you on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Have stayed at a couple of other hotels the last couple of months Hilton AGAIN!! was the worse. We have issues with Hilton the last 3 times and this was is the straw that broke the camels back. We didn't get the room we requested. Obviously because they were catering to a traveling lacrosse teams. We didn't get the $10.00 breakfast. The place was noisy. The pool was more of the huge bathtub and the service was terrible. It's not worth the money since we paid close to $150. a night and didn't even touch the Holiday Inn Express we stayed in last week that got our room correct, free breakfast and free wifi with a lot less money. So long for GOOD Hilton...

Room Tip: Don't book a room here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ray R

We're glad that you and your family chose to stay with us during your travels in the area. We strive to offer a personalized service experience for each and every guest and apologize of you were not satisfied with the level of service you received. Thank you for sharing your comments with us and allowing us the opportunity to make any feasible changes to our processes. We hope you'll consider giving our brand and our hotel another opportunity to serve you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

As we came into the hotel tonight it became very apparent we were sharing the hotel with traveling sports teams. The lobby itself was very nice with apparently beverage service as many adults were enjoying beer as their children ran unaccompanied down the halls and making themselves what I assume was hot chocolate at the beverage station. But once we got through the lobby I thought we were going to be ok since our floor seemed quiet. However, a little after midnight, little pecks started up as wayward chicks were finding their way back to parents who had apparently fallen into a deep self-medicated sleep. I was about to open the door and help one such kid down to the lobby after knocking for about 10 minutes, when I heard someone from the front desk assist them. Then the pecking started right up across the hall, this time not feeling so helpful I opened the door to find a man with his teenage son. I suggest that he go down to the lobby to get another key instead of trying to wake up whoever was to drunk to answer their door and he replied saying that it was his child inside the room. I don't know which is worse- falling asleep without making sure your kid is secure for the night or leaving a child alone in a hotel room with your only key. Anyways, I don't blame any of this on the hotel, they need to fill beds, but I have been in hotels with better soundproofing. This hotel is also next to the highway and there is a lot of road noise compared to other hotels. It also has the under the window air units which are always loud and annoying. Yes I am a bit crabby at 1:43 now unable to sleep. But the room otherwise is very nice, always love having a keurig and mini fridge.
I can only hope that the drinking in the lobby and the activity by the pool when we checked in means that we can avoid the sports team crowd at breakfast by getting there early. But the hungover parents will probably just send their kids down to scrounge for themselves. ;)

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank shinetrue
KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay with us. I apologize for the noise issues you encountered during your stay. We take significant care to try and keep all rooms related to such sports teams on the same floor or at least in the same area of the building to minimize such issues. That being said 90% of those efforts are minimized due to the sheer number of individuals in the building. Again I apologize and I can assure you that efforts were made to keep the noise down. Thank you for your comments. Your business is very important to us and I hope you will give us another try on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The bed did not have box springs, it had a board instead. On top of the board was not a traditional mattress, but a strange, rather thin, layer of matter that is supposed to be adjustable (there was a dial), but which didn't seem to do anything after many adjustment attempts. Two inquiries at the front desk during our three night stay did not help--the actual workings of the dial seemed to be as much a mystery to the front desk staff as it was to us. An air mattress on the floor would have been more comfortable. My wife and I agreed it was the worst bed we had ever slept in.

The hotel offers free "high speed" internet access. However, the actual speed is more akin to dial up. I tested it on two different days, and both tests ran under 1 Mbps. That's right. 1 Mbps. Most hotels seem to run at 5 Mbps to 10 Mbps. At home I run at 28 Mbps.

Be forewarned!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin M

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your honest input on the comfort and appointment of our guestrooms and we will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience moving forward. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The staff at this hotel were the best. They took care of a problem expeditiously and made our stay most enjoyable. The breakfast was great- something for everyone. The rooms were spotless and we felt as though the staff cared about us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank srj2600

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Your scores and comments are very important to us. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and the experience for our guests. I am pleased to hear that the staff was able to correct the issues encountered so you could enjoy the remainder of your stay. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to the Rock Hill area.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I recently attended training for my company in Rock Hill, SC. Accommodations for a two night stay were made at the Hilton Garden Inn. What a pleasant experience! The associates at the front desk were very friendly and accommodating. Check in was swift so I headed to the room. Upon arrival I could tell it would be a nice experience. The furnishings were up to date, and the area for laptop use was spacious. My mattress was comfortable too! The bathroom was clean. A mini fridge and microwave were available as well as a nice Keurig single serve coffee maker. The lobby was very nice with comfortable sofas and chairs. The breakfast bar was delicious! No microwave food! Fresh to order! Hot and cold menu items were available. Bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, home fries, waffles, grits and oatmeal were on the hot bar. For the cold bar a selection of yogurt, cereal and different varieties of fruit (fresh) were displayed. A variety of pastries (fresh) were available. Coffee, milk and three juices were available as well. As a matter of fact, two coffee stations were always available located in the lobby and first floor elevator. A nice patio was accessible just off the lobby where you could enjoy unwinding with a nice beverage of your choice. Additionally, the hotel was located in an area within five minutes of a nice shopping mall and many restaurants! This was truly a "Hidden Garden" and I would recommend this hotel for your next stay in Rock Hill!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard G
KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Wow! Thank you so much for your great comments concerning our hotel and staff. I am please to hear your stay was relaxing and productive. We are working hard each day to make sure all of our guests have the exact same experience you did. Great comments like yours go along way to let the entire staff know they are doing a fantastic job. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next visit.