“Excellent Always”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Dandridge, United States
“Excellent Always”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I normally have good expierience when I stay at all Hilton Hotels when on bussiness, But this one was especially nice. My fiancee accompanied me on this occasion and due to an accident she was in a wheelchair. The staff at the Rock Hill Garden Inn was fantasic. They were very helpful to her while I was working they made sure to take good care of her. They held open doors, extra towels for her to wash, extra pillows for comfort, etc.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. Your scores and comments are very important to us. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and the experience for our guests. Thank you for your wonderful comments. I will absolutely pass them along to the entire team. We hope that your fiance's recovery goes smoothly and that she is back on her feet soon. I hope your stay was pleasant and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to the Rock Hill area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Freeport, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We usually love staying at Hilton properties, but thanks to the Rock Hill Hilton Garden Inn, we're done. My husband made a reservation by phone on June 18 for a trip July 2-5. On July 1, we got a phone call advising us that the reservation would not be honored because there was a "miscommunication" between the hotel and a travel agent about a block of rooms that resulted in some rooms being double booked. Now, this phone call happened at 5:00 p.m. the DAY BEFORE check-inn for a reservation over the 4th of July holiday with a large sporting event happening. After several phone calls to the hotel, all we got was "Sorry. I can give you some phone numbers for other hotels, but that's all I can do." We requested a phone call from management - never happened. We contacted Hilton who advised we would have a reply with 72 business hours - never happened. Fortunately, my husband and son were able to get a reservation at a competitor, they had a lovely stay, and my son advanced to an additional event. On our trip to Houston, we sure as heck aren't staying at a Hilton - there's no way to trust that a Hilton reservation is really a reservation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joan M
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location if your looking to stay in RH. Near tons of shops and restaurants. Very close to Charlotte and Carowinds. Clean spacious rooms. Friendly staff. Comfortable beds! Easy access to I-77. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2014
KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Thank you for your great scores and comments, they are very important to us. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and the experience for our guests. I am please to hear you enjoyed our propperty and location. Thank you for your business. I hope your stay was pleasant and productive and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to the Rock Hill area.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is my 2nd time staying here as it's the most convenient and nearby all the places I normally visit while I'm in the area; including my relatives.

My room, this time, is 425 where is next to service/ guest elevator. there is little noise but not bad at all. Bed is comfy and bathroom is clean and that's the most important to me. However, the paint in bathroom is peeling around the ceiling. It isn't my big concern but worth mentioning.

I don't rememeber there's a Keurig machine during my first time stay but here it is! Keurig machine in every room (I think). Let's not forget to free coffee in the lobby area and I must say it's pretty good coffee.

Anyway, I'd love to stay here again when time comes and the price were right again. Thanks Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and thank you for your repeat business. We are working hard everyday to make sure we provide all of our guests with a clean comfortable place to stay and great service. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to serving you again soon. We will keep the coffee hot for you.
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here. The decor was nice, room was clean and bed was comfy. I did enjoy the complimentary infused water and snack bars in the lobby and I did use the pool. The lounge chairs by the pool were not very comfortable, they are metal and without cushions.

The only other negative thing is the lack of breakfast included, this is why I usually opt for Hampton Inns or Embassy Suites. That said, it didnt matter because there was a Panera right nearby.

I found that there was a wonderful little park right near the property and this made my day! I am a runner and it is nice to find areas where outside runs in unfamiliar cities are available. I had decided to just run loops around the shopping center parking area adjacent to the hotel and then discovered the trail that led into the park and was thrilled. It was small but beautiful and great to run through and it made my stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your feed back concerning your recent stay with us. We graetly appreciate the positive feed back. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our facility and location. Having the soccer complex a block away is a great perk for our guests. With the movie theater and shopping complex also with in walking distance we are convenient located for multiple guest needs. I hope your stay was productive and relaxing and we look forward to your next visit.
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our first time staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, and we had a good experience. The staff is so friendly, which is always nice. The room was clean, along with the common areas. In the lobby there was infused water, and around the corner coffee/tea. In each room, they offer a Keurig coffeemaker, which was a nice touch. We had mixed feelings about the bed - it was very hard, as it was on a board. While my husband loved it for his back, and it wasn't terrible, I did have a difficult time sleeping (but I'm older - so it's to be expected). Not too sure if it was the firm bed or the pillows, the king size pillow would flatten out (probably feathered), but I can't really blame that on the hotel, it just didn't work for me, husband had no problem sleeping.

Did not really have a problem with their internet, and no they do not offer breakfast, but we knew that going it - it's not a big deal to us. I'd rather have a clean, comfortable room, than free breakfast any day.

I wished this hotel accepted pets, we often travel to Rock Hill with our dogs - so, it rules this hotel out for us, during those trips with the pets, but will stay again if it's just the 2 of us.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Thank you for your great comments concerning our property. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed all of our amenities. I hope that we have become your hotel of choice when traveling to the area. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to the area. Safe travels.
Lewis Center, Ohio
Reviewed 28 June 2014

For the amount this hotel charges, it seems they could match other similar hotels in the area by providing a free continental breakfast. Charging 9.95 for the breakfast they serve is ridiculous. We requested 2 rooms, but apparently they couldn’t give us joining rooms, even though 1 of our rooms was capable of this functionality. Instead we were treated to someone else’s child screaming late at night and early in the morning – thanks Hilton. The beds are hard and attempting to adjust them seems unnoticeable. We had the same issue with the air conditioning. When we could get the air on it worked great, but the thermostat is complicated, or unresponsive or both. The only reason we stayed at this hotel was due to the fact that the Hampton was already booked – wonder why? I'll make sure to book early for future visits to the area - at the Hampton.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

2 Thank Rick S
KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Your scores and comments are very important to us. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and the experience for our guests. I apologize you were not satisfied with your stay. Your business is very important to us and we will make every effort to improve our property and service based on your comments. We hope you will give us another try on your next visit to the area.