“Excellent value - pet friendly”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rock Hill
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
“Excellent value - pet friendly”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We chose this motel because it was pet friendly - but I would return without our pet because the service was friendly and efficient, the room was clean, the breakfast was adequate, wi-fi was free and it was a great value. Kudos.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Wendell R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

When we arrived, we noticed a sign on the door to the pool (Pool closed by Management and DHEC). Gee, thanks! So much for relaxing when we got there.

The room had a separate sitting area with couch that let out to a bed...broken.

We were given a roll away as a substitute.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Autrygirl
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Once again I was on the road bouncing around with my daughter for her lacrosse.

This hotel was conveniently located in Rock Hill. I know a lot of travelers would prefer a more "modern" hotel.. but I can't tell you how happy I was to find the old fashion (I'm aging myself right now) a/c unit where you had to turn the dial to set the temp.

After spending many nights in hotels this past summer... With most of them having the eco-friendly a/c units where they so graciously turn the temperature up on you in the middle of the night.. I was happy to see the "old-fashion" a/c unit at this hotel. I know I am going on and on about the a/c unit, but seriously.. who can sleep when you are drenched in sweat in the middle of the night??

The room was very clean.. the bed.. sure it could have been softer, but did you catch that the a/c won't turn off on you in the middle of the night?

The continental breakfast wasn't the best, but it was included in the room fee so it is what it is.. there was an assortment of cereals, bagels, eggs (which were pretty gross) and you could make your own waffle.. Even though I didn't really care for the breakfast doesn't mean someone else won't fall in love with it..?? maybe not.

Downstairs in the lobby was a computer that you could use, but it was slow as was the Internet connection. If you are just needing it to print off boarding passes for your next flight, well it'll do.

If I'm passing through Rock Hill again, I'll return to this hotel.. as long as they keep the a/c units they currently have.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nicole H
Lewistown
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Typical Country Inns and Suites. As we expected, well kept, nice breakfast. The tv didn't worked when we arrived but we called the front desk and she was down within a minute and fixed it. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had recently stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Lancaster PA in March 2014 and was very impressed, so when my husband and I had to go visit our daughter at Winthrop Univ, I picked the Country Inns again. The hotel is only about 3 miles from the campus which was convenient. The room was very nice and I like having the "suite" style with it's own living room area as I get up early and could watch TV and work without bothering my husband. The room was clean and quiet. The microwave was pretty old and the small fridge was okay. The problem was the breakfast area. It was much too small to accommodate this hotel. There were too many people and many were eating in the hotel lobby because there was no room in the breakfast area. The waffle mix was empty and when I did find the breakfast attendant, she really didn't seem to care. This was a large container, so you thing it would have been filled up already. There also was no non-stick spray to put on the waffle maker so the people that were able to make a waffle before the container ran out, there waffles stuck to the maker. The price was good for the room, but I wasn't impressed with the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Note: 5 stars are for those stays or places that are exceptional and way above expectations.

Room: was nice and quiet, comfortable and clean. Layout was good but wish we had better lighting options, although nothing to complain about. The fridge was kinda small compared to the sleep Inn we stayed at and the freezer part didn't really freeze but it's not a deal breaker.

Location: great! A lot food and stores near by. Not far from Carowinds (10 min). Right off interstate.

Beds: Very comfortable! Didn't feel movement of my fiancée. Pillows were awesomely awesome!

Service: Very nice and accommodating. Quick check in and out. Had extra toiletries available.

Breakfast: Eggs ham and potatoes. Waffles, muffins, cereal, danish, toast and bagel. Oh and yogurt with toppings. Typical juices and coffee. All of it was good but not exceptional. Better than some places

Overall: We stayed at 2 different places on our trip. It was $20 more for this place and I wish I had paid the additional. We will stay here again for sure as Country Inn and Suites is usually a positive experience.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Reed D
NYC
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed for one night...2/19/14
The good: Quick check in, friendly staff, quiet location set back from main road.
The bad:1) Had a suite and TV didn't work. 2) Room over looked WELL LIGHTED parking lot with curtains were designed not to close (like trying to sleep in daylight).
The ugly: With all the eating establishments in the area, I can see why no effort was put in the breakfast room. Compared with other CI & S this was one of the worst. They even had the desk clerk doing double duty between the two.
I would only stay here if moving on the next morning.

Room Tip: The parking lot is well lighted. The opaque curtain ensemble is designed to only close half way. Whi...