“Rock Hill Country Inn”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rock Hill
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Rock Hill
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We enjoyed our brief stay at Country Inn and Suites. It was easy to get to the hotel and we were warmly welcomed. The room was clean and well appointed. We did have a small dog and they welcomed him as well.

We did have a small problem since we had made reservations through AAA and needed to leave a day early. That was a problem and I had to finally get a credit back from AAA. It would have been better to reserve directly from country Inn and Suites. All in all, nice stay and we will go back there.

Room Tip: They all seem to be acceptable. We like the first floor close to the coffee bar.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This Country Inn has some of the worst staff I've ever seen at a hotel- period. We called ahead and were told that there were plenty of rooms, but that we couldn't reserve one using the travel book coupon. However, when we arrived 20 minutes later, we were told that they were sold out. The lady behind the desk proceeded to tell us that they had been sold out for hours- on all room types. We countered, and explained that 20 minutes ago there were rooms available. The story changed. So, one of two things happened: A) the rooms have been sold out for hours and the staff member was too ignorant or rude to inform us thusly -OR- B) the staff member lied when we arrived at the hotel about there being no rooms. Honestly, we've been to many Country Inn's and I've never seen staff as rude and snappy as the ones at this location. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Select a different hotel for your accommodations.
Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
sangitta, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rock Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2014

I am sorry we were sold out . We do apologize for staff behaviour. We are an interstate property and never know when we get sold out. Reservations can not be booked with travel coupons, the travel book states this. It is best to make regular resrvations to ensure to get accomadations. Thank- you Manager

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We chose this motel because it was pet friendly - but I would return without our pet because the service was friendly and efficient, the room was clean, the breakfast was adequate, wi-fi was free and it was a great value. Kudos.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Wendell R
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

When we arrived, we noticed a sign on the door to the pool (Pool closed by Management and DHEC). Gee, thanks! So much for relaxing when we got there.

The room had a separate sitting area with couch that let out to a bed...broken.

We were given a roll away as a substitute.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Autrygirl
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Once again I was on the road bouncing around with my daughter for her lacrosse.

This hotel was conveniently located in Rock Hill. I know a lot of travelers would prefer a more "modern" hotel.. but I can't tell you how happy I was to find the old fashion (I'm aging myself right now) a/c unit where you had to turn the dial to set the temp.

After spending many nights in hotels this past summer... With most of them having the eco-friendly a/c units where they so graciously turn the temperature up on you in the middle of the night.. I was happy to see the "old-fashion" a/c unit at this hotel. I know I am going on and on about the a/c unit, but seriously.. who can sleep when you are drenched in sweat in the middle of the night??

The room was very clean.. the bed.. sure it could have been softer, but did you catch that the a/c won't turn off on you in the middle of the night?

The continental breakfast wasn't the best, but it was included in the room fee so it is what it is.. there was an assortment of cereals, bagels, eggs (which were pretty gross) and you could make your own waffle.. Even though I didn't really care for the breakfast doesn't mean someone else won't fall in love with it..?? maybe not.

Downstairs in the lobby was a computer that you could use, but it was slow as was the Internet connection. If you are just needing it to print off boarding passes for your next flight, well it'll do.

If I'm passing through Rock Hill again, I'll return to this hotel.. as long as they keep the a/c units they currently have.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nicole H
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Typical Country Inns and Suites. As we expected, well kept, nice breakfast. The tv didn't worked when we arrived but we called the front desk and she was down within a minute and fixed it. Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had recently stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Lancaster PA in March 2014 and was very impressed, so when my husband and I had to go visit our daughter at Winthrop Univ, I picked the Country Inns again. The hotel is only about 3 miles from the campus which was convenient. The room was very nice and I like having the "suite" style with it's own living room area as I get up early and could watch TV and work without bothering my husband. The room was clean and quiet. The microwave was pretty old and the small fridge was okay. The problem was the breakfast area. It was much too small to accommodate this hotel. There were too many people and many were eating in the hotel lobby because there was no room in the breakfast area. The waffle mix was empty and when I did find the breakfast attendant, she really didn't seem to care. This was a large container, so you thing it would have been filled up already. There also was no non-stick spray to put on the waffle maker so the people that were able to make a waffle before the container ran out, there waffles stuck to the maker. The price was good for the room, but I wasn't impressed with the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family