“Motel could be better”

Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Montgomery
“Motel could be better”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Room was OK but the lamps needed bulbs so you could not read in bed. Bathroom floor needed to be cleaned better and their was mold around the tub. I know this is an older motel but it would not take much work to make this look better.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Winter Park
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for approximately 3 weeks and for the most part the room has been clean. However, that changed drastically after I checked out on Friday, 27 September and checked back in on Sunday, 29 September. The hotel gave me the same room that I have been staying in the week before. When I went in the room I noticed a slight odor, but I attributed that to the fact that the room had been empty for several days. I went to sleep around midnight and awoke to a sour smell around 4 am. I thought it was the bedding. I had to go to work early, but came back at noon to ask the manager to change the sheets. When I went in the room I smelled a terrible odor. The maid came to change the sheets and I asked her what was the smell. She told me that someone had vomited in the room the day before and they had cleaned the room. We inspected the area around the bed and found vomit still on the floor between the bed and the wall. When we moved the night stand there was still vomit on the floor there also.
I can't believe that a hotel would subject a guest to this serious a health hazard. I am contacting the county heath department and having them look into the matter.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business