“WORST place I have ever stayed!!!!!!”
Review of Motel 6 Rock Hill

Motel 6 Rock Hill
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Sumter, South Carolina
“WORST place I have ever stayed!!!!!!”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I wish that I had read these reviews before I booked this room!!!!!!!!!!! This place should be shut down by the Health Dept. The room smelled terrible, the bed was so hard I had to sleep on the pull out bed in the nasty couch. The bedspread looked and smelled like it had never been washed, and had blood stains, and "other" stains on it. I took it off the bed and moved it to another area. The cushions on the couch were dirty and nasty. The door wouldn't close, and seemed to have been kicked in at some time. The TV was OK, but there was no clock, no hair dryer, only one extra small bottle of shampoo, and one of conditioner which were so watery, I had to go buy my own. I called the front desk, and asked about a hair dryer, and the guy told me that I had to go find one for myself, that they took all of those items out. The carpet smelled, and was so dirty, I had to keep my shoes on. I had my dog with me, and she is paralyzed in her hind legs, and I was affraid to let her lay down on the nasty carpet. I printed out a reciept from the internet when I booked the room, and I was charged 68.00 more dollars then the reciept stated. I believe that there were bedbugs in the room also!!!!. I stayed there for two night, and that was the worst two nights I have ever spent in a motel room. If you're planing a vacation, PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!! You will regret it as I did!!!!!!!

Room Tip: This place is not fit for drug addicts, and hookers. Please don't waste your money!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Dianne B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Florida
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Stayed one night last week on way from Florida to Virginia to 'try' to get a good night of sleep after driving all day.

Desk staff made us sign a waiver that we would have no more than 2 people in our room. When asking why, she said that sometimes college students have parties in their rooms.

However, she neglected to tell us that at least half of the rooms were booked for the evening by high school seniors to party all night long after their prom.

And boy did these kids party! At 1:30 I went to the office and asked to be moved. The desk clerk told me to walk around the hotel and find a room that didn't have kids partying beside it. Well, at 1:30 in the morning I didn't want to walk the entire property, and how was I supposed to know which rooms were vacant???!!!

At 3:00 I called the front desk and he said that the kids in the room beside me weren't partying because he had visited their room. Yeah, right.

At 4:00 a.m. I got dressed (again) and went outside and confronted the kids because they were then overflowed from the room onto the sidewalk, and threatened to call the police. That shut them up for a little while. A brief little while.

We didn't get any sleep at all that night and we felt like walking zombies the next day and we had many more miles to drive.

The bathroom door had a hole busted in it, probably from someone's fist. The entry door obviously had been kicked open at one time. There was no coffee maker, no hair dryer, no alarm clock, no iron, no ice bucket, nothing. There was a sign that said their items were so popular and if we wanted to purchase an alarm clock, coffee maker, hair dryer, etc. to contact the front desk for purchase. I'm surprised there was a television in the room.

Breakfast: coffee and cold, stale doughnuts.

Don't waste your time or money - the room was dirty and smelled horrible.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Deb G

Travellers are raving about these Rock Hill hotels

Henrietta, NY
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed here in April 2012. The hotel is a typical overnight place. Rooms were OK. Clean but showing their age. Certainly OK for the price. The location is convenient to I-77 but it was noisy especially on a Satruday night.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark_and_Norma
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Didn't read the reviews before booking, good thing we had our dog with us! She found 2 bugs within a half hour of being in the room! Had to shut a towel in the door jam to close up the gap that was present do to the bent metal door. Yes the door and door jam were bent, leaving a 1/4" gap at the bottom of the door. If you choose to stay at this motel, check the door to make sure it is sealed. As for the sirens, we experienced a loud siren from across the street, there must be an EMT company that dispatches from this location!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank CAnativ
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2011

The staff at this hotel was incredibly rude, not once, twice but several time. They made it very difficult to extend our stay. I book hotels for a very large company and this hotel made it difficult to send our authoirzation form. When our form wasn't EXACTLY how he wanted it instead of calling me asking me to correct it, he locked our employees out of their rooms, not once but twice. We had several rooms and stayed for just about 3 weeks. For the amout of money that we spent there I feel werent treated as valued customers. When I told the manager that we will take our business elsewhere he said that was fine. I dont think that is very good business proactice, you say that to enough people and no one will ever come back. We spent a lot of money at this hotel and spend about a million dollars in travel expenses a month.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ashley b
econolodgerockhillsc, Webmaster at Motel 6 Rock Hill, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry it was not the pleasant stay you and your employees had anticipated.

• The registration person received additional training in how to deal with registration problems.

• Staff members received additional training in the courteous way in which they are to treat you, our valued guests.

We take our reviews very seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Econo Lodge . I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Dundee, NY
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Traveling from NY to Fla and needed to stop for a nights rest. Picked up a Motel Discount phamplet from SC Welcome center (center closed but they leave the booklets outside). Had coupon for $34.99 night for this Econolodge in Rock Hill so decided to check it out. Pulled up and building looked freshly painted, clean and nicely landscaped. Lobby nicely appointed so felt comfortable in booking room. The room was clean,and just a tad worn, bedding clean, pillows flat-flat (oh well), hair dryer didnt work, small refrigerator, microwave. One extra small bottle of shampoo and one of body lotion-two soaps. Lots of channels on TV. Dont know if there was Wi-fi didnt need it but someone in lobby using laptop. Water pressure in shower very bad. Woke at 4am and thought shower turned on by itself but it was next room over and sounded like it was in our room. Then 35 minutes later, room behind us turned on their shower and same thing!!! Across street was a ambulance department that had to make three runs during the night. Ordered delivery from Marco"s pizza and it was delicious - white pizza and greek salad and bakalava for desert....Continental breakfast included which was coffee, juice, choice of cold cereal, and make your own waffle and store bought Little Debbie wrapped sticky buns. McDonalds is directly next door so if want different choice for breakfast it is convenient. On the same street was Americas Best Value Hotel, Days Inn, Super 8 and Howard Johnsons but only Econolodge and Americas Best Value had coupons in the booklet so don't know how much the others charge per night. Conclusion, got a good meal, partial nights rest and coffee with waffle for breakfast. Would skip this place on our next trip through.

Room Tip: Go down the road aways.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Wanetadrift
SPRINGFIELD GARDENS ,NY
Reviewed 26 August 2011

When I Got To The Front Desk I Asked AboutT Weekly Rates AndI Was Told That it Was the same as the daily rate . When the room was booked it turned out to be 310 . for 5 days . the door to the bathroom was broken the water pressure was low.Trying to get towels for the people that were in the room i was always given 3 or 4 towels. I went out to try to get something for the kids to eat in the morning and was told i could not bring anything to the room all that wanted to eat had to come out to this little dining room that clearly seated 3 to four families. So instead of my family enjoying the little continental breakfast I had to put out additional money for them. when i finally found out about the weekly rate i was actually being nosey when the staff was talking to another customer and i found out the rate was for the full week and it was actually 280. i feel as if i was ripped off and this is not fair. i had to clean the room on several occassions because the cleaning lady was at my door way before we were ready. had i known that she had a set schedule i would have mad it my business to come out of the room by a certain time so that she could do her job. On top off all of this i had to wait one day for the evening to come for her to clean the room we had no clean sheets because when she knocked the door the kids were in bed on dirty sheets. DISGUSTING ESTABLISHMENT

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ADRIANE H
econolodgerockhillsc, Webmaster at Motel 6 Rock Hill, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing SPRINGFIELD GARDENS ,NY for your recent stay in our area.

• Management and registration staff received additional training in having a set weekly rate to give to our valued guests.

• Management and housekeeping staff were approached about having a schedule to give to our valued guests so that they will be able to know when to expect housekeeping to come to clean their room.

• Housekeeping received additional training on supplying towels etc. to accommodate our valued guests.

• Maintenance was informed of the broken door and the low water pressure in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the needed repairs.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at SPRINGFIELD GARDENS ,NY. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.