“Up all night”

Quality Inn St. George
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Saint George
“Up all night”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We checked in on a friday night headed to Daytona beach. I always book 6-8 weeks in advance. We were given a room by the pool area. The room was fair, the beds were awful for sleeping hard and slight odor. The air conditioner made a terriable racket when it cycled on and off. Between it making a racket and the hard smelly bed there was no chance of getting any rest. At check out we passed on the free breakfast as the area was dirty and the person on duty needed a new uniform a few years ago as it was worn and dirty. The check in area was bad fixtures hanging from the wall. The building could use a total rehab. This location is off our radar for our anual stop over when heading south.

Room Tip: There are breakfast alturnatives across the highway.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Davbeab

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Don't stay here! The room stunk, the coffee pot didn't work, the carpet was filthy, the toilet kept clogging up, the shower sprayed water everywhere, only half the channels worked on the TV. Every thing, including bedding, in the room was dated at least 15 years. The desk receptionist do not dress professionally and look like slobs. The receptionist told me the coffee pot would work if I plugged it in. Da, really? I wiped every thing with Lysol before I would touch it and the rag was almost black. I have no idea how the motel passed as a AAA approved lodging. No cancellation policy, had to stay or give up the money.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different motel - far far away.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bonnie T

Travellers are raving about these Saint George hotels

Manchester, Maine
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Spent one quick night here. Room was clean, quiet and the bed comfy. Hot breakfast the next morning was good, included all the usual plus biscuits and gravy, my calorie downfall. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank woodsdweller
Lackawanna
Reviewed 26 March 2013

this was our "First Time" staying at the Quality Inn in St. George.
we really enjoyed our stay. the room was large & most comfortable. if ever in that area again, you can be sure that we will stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a pool side room close to the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Ceveland
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Why bother reading reviews if you don't follow the advise.

Booked room 12/4/12 via an 800 number. Was quoted a price including my pet. I pointed out the 2013 AAA travel guide for SC listed no charge for pets. After some discussion I agreed to the price and was billed on my C/C. I arrived on 2/28 and was asked to pay an additional $10 plus tax for my pet. After a 10 hour trip with a pet I felt this was a rip off, as i had little choice. The property does list a $10 pet fee which is contriditory to the AAA SC travel guide. I spoke to owner/manager, but to no avail he wanted his $10 which I willing paid, but that will be the last $10 this franchisee will get from me.

Cynithia at the front desk was the thing about this place. The room quite frankly was not very well cleaned, the phone did not work. The heat only worked on high or not at all. But the door lock a TV did work.
Bottom line I only want what I bargained for, no more no less.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Our room was very clean and the linen crisp and fresh. The king-size bed was very comfortable. I picked this location because it allowed us to travel with our beagle, and was pleasantly surprised about the great quality of the room and the service. The continental breakfast included fresh biscuits, waffles, boiled eggs, hand fruit, pastries, and a variety of juices. We were not using the pool in the midst of winter, but was nicely placed in the middle of a landscaped courtyard. Very easy access to the interstate. We stayed here on our way south, and would select this site again.

Room Tip: This a great choice if you are traveling with a pet and are looking for a clean, economical spot to...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed 19 September 2012

The pool and courtyard were very nice. My room was in need of many cosmetic repairs but clean enough. TV remote didn't work but internet connection was fine. Front desk staff was polite. If you're usually satisfied with Quality Inns, you'll enjoy your stay. It is an older hotel but was a good value for the money.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Red Roof Inn Walterboro
Red Roof Inn Walterboro
#4 of 16 in Walterboro
BEST WESTERN PLUS Santee Inn

Been to Quality Inn St. George? Share your experiences!