“One Year Later Review”

Americas Best Value Inn-St. George
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Saint George
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed here a year ago and thought it was worth returning to. The outside, which I criticized, has been refurbished and looks much better. The room I'm in now has been freshly painted and given a new big flat screen TV. The room has a microwave and a small fridge. Skynyrd's Sports Bar and Grill has excellent food at very reasonable prices and is within easy walking distance. Also withing easy walking distance (I'm talking a minute) is a Waffle House, Denny's, McDonalds, and a convenience store with gas. The room was comfortable, clean, and cost $55/night with tax. This family has worked hard to upgrade this property and it shows (and, NO, I am not a member of this family). This is not a 4-star resort, but it is a nice clean, inexpensive place to stop. There is also ample space for your RV and were very accommodating, giving me a room where I could see my RV from my room. I will return again next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Krish-GM, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-St. George, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear archiebunk,
Thank you for time and consideration. We are glad and pleased with your wonderful stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to see you again. Once again thank you for taking your valuable time to write review. Please, forward the same comments to your friends and family.

Thank you.
ABVI - Mgmt.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We have stayed here a few times & it is always spotlessly clean, rooms are pretty average, but the bed was new &very comfortable, also had a flat screen tv microfridge & coffe maker in the room, reasonably priced & pet friendly. Skynards bar & grill just in front of hotel is great

Room Tip: The east side rooms are quieter as it is further from the highway
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Krish-GM, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-St. George, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear CathyP1058,

We appreciate your response and thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. We are glad to hear about your pleasant stay with us. I'm pleased to hear that you like our super clean rooms with 37" LCD TVS, micro-fridge, hair dryer, coffee maker etc.
Thank you once again and come back and see us again.

Krish - GM
Americas Best Value Inn, St. George, SC

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms, microfridge, hairdryer, and convenient location to many restaurants. We hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I only stayed one night because i was passing through and it may need some updating but i was very pleased. Everyone was nice and i would stay again if i ever pass through. Everything was clean and the owner was very friendly. I like the fact that a resturant and gas station was in walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jay M.
We thank you very much for giving us an opportunity serve you and taking time to post a review about your pleasant stay with us. We will assure you to provide same hospitality experience in future.
We will look forward to see you soon.
Once again thank you for your time and consideration.

Krish - GM
Americas Best Value Inn., St. George, SC

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I was hesitant to stay at this hotel based on the very run down appearance. But after a long day on the road, and since it was too late to cancel our reservation, we trusted the reviews and gave it chance. This is by no means a first class hotel but you get what you pay for . A clean room, a comfortable bed, plenty of hot water, a heater that was not as noisy as some in more expensive places, frig, microwave and decent in- room coffee . And QUIET . Despite being right off the highway and beside a truck stop, as well as a nearby restaurant having a New Years eve party, we didn't hear a thing. There is a funky southern sports bar, Waffle House, and a cheap gas station/little convenience store right in front of the hotel. Within close walking distance is a Dennys and a McDonalds. I hope the owners put some money into a paint job and expanding the landscaping, but for the price, we'll stay there agin

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mizchiz
Krish-GM, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-St. George, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Dear Traveler Mizchiz,

Thank you for staying with us and taking your valuable time to send us your comments about your stay with us. We appreciate your kind words and certainly hope you will stay with us again in the future. We already hear your voice. Now, the hotels is NEWLY renovated inside out and painted too. We provide full DELUXE continental breakfast too.
We will look forward to see you soon.

Management

Reviewed 31 December 2012

On our way to Florida with an RV, stopped here on basis of other reviews The exterior looks old, tired, and needing some love; I'm guessing it might turn some people off. That said .... within the property confines is two restaruants, a Waffle House and a sports bar and grill with excellent food at reasonable prices ... and a gas station. Within in walking distance is a McDonolds and a Denny's. There is easy access to I-95, but it is very quiet. The room was spotless and functional with coffee maker, small refridgerator, hair dryer, microwave, free wifi, and cable TV including HBO all for $50/night (tax included). A plus for me was ample RV parking within site of our room.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Krish-GM, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-St. George, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear ArchieBunk,

Reviewed 21 November 2012

I reserved this hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. BAD CHOICE. I made the non-refundable reservations online, and was traveling with a 65 year old woman. When we pulled into the parking lot, we were both shocked to see that it was right behind a TRUCK station. I asked to see the room, and as I walked down to the room, I was not real happy to see about 8 shabbily dressed men, drinking beer, laughing and carrying on. They were working on pickup trucks right outside our assigned room. I felt VERY UNSAFE. The room smelled, but was pretty clean. I just didn't like what was going on right outside the door. I actually would have had to park away from our room because of these men working on trucks. I mentioned this to the lady at the front desk, and she pretty much mocked me, asking me "You don't want people by your room?". I explained to her that I did not feel safe, and then she proceeded, along with a man (I assume, husband), to pretty much berate me, telling me that I must not feel fear. The man was quick to tell me, without me asking, that there would be NO REFUND. Made me feel that there have been these type of incidents before. Needless to say, we left. My elderly friend was quite relieved, because she felt very uneasy. This was the biggest waste of money, that I have ever spent. I was not going to jeopardize our blood pressure to stay in this place. These owners/managers left a BAD impression of America's Best Value Inns. More interested in the non-refundable money, then making guests feel safe. I travel and stay in hotels/motels very often. I tell people of my experiences. At this point, I feel I was ripped off. This was the first time reserving at an Americas Best. I doubt I would try America's Best again. I will not ever consider staying in that hotel in St. George again. Rude management and unsafe surroundings.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Jspi5764

Dear jspi5764,

On behalf of the staff and management of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to apologize for the negative experience you encountered during your stay. We strive to maintain a safe and secure environment. I am sorry that you did not feel safe at our motel. We do not discriminate based upon appearance and have rarely encountered any issues. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

Great price, very clean, friendly staff, updated rooms, very comfortable beds, and handy dog-walking areas. Close to I-95 but quiet - no truck noise - In fact, there were no trucks at this motel. Coffee was very weak and not many choices for breakfast (nor space to eat). But right next to a McDonalds. No bugs. Newer carpet. frig and microwave worked well. Older tv. Has wifi. From the road, the outside appearance gives you the impression of old & small - but it is better than it looks. The manager has added attractive landscaping and flowers and has kept them up well. I will definitely stop here on my next trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Dear PatMckee,

I appreciate the fact that you shared a traveler opinion with us. It pleases us to know that you enjoyed our great prices, newer carpet, microfridge, and convenient location. Should you ever return to the area, we would love to have you stay with us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint George
#15 of 18 in Walterboro
Elite Inn
Elite Inn
#4 of 9 in Saint George

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-St. George? Share your experiences!