“Gross”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Saint George
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I asked for a non-smoking room and the room stunk of cigarette smoke. I then went to take a shower and the tub would not drain so my feet sat in the dirty water, some of which was from not being cleaned properly as there were hairs in the tub. When I left the shower, there were several moths flying around the room. The carpet was very old and sticky to bare feet. Definitely not worth the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Kathleen W
Reviewed 4 February 2013

This hotel looks nice on the outside but when you get into the room omg. Room was needing updating. Carpeting was old and dirty,hair in bathtub and sink I don't think I'd stay there if I had to. The lady at the front desk during checkout was very nice but that doesn't make up for the condition of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 1 January 2013

The Stay wasn't what I expected after reading other reviews. Arrived early saw them using a leaf blower blowing things out of the room. Also they leave the room doors open to air out.The heater never shut off once you turn them on,so you listen to that all night. The tub had a drip plus when you turn the water on in the tub both handles had water running out around them. I got a shower at night had hot water but my wife had to take a cold shower in the morning and I do say a cold shower. The breakfast area was only two tables with two chairs ar each. So it was over crowded when ever one showed up for breakfast. Guest standing at the checkout counter. I guess you get what you pay for, just thoughtit was better then what we got.

Room Tip: Never believe all the reveiws.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2012

The rate was excellent and in my budget for an emergency trip. The room was clean. The heating system was adequate but very noisy. The vanity light took about 10 minutes to warm up to be useful. The water for the shower took a long time to warm up. I did not use the pool or spa, so I can not comment on that. The trees need to be trimmed so all parking spaces can be used without branches scratching vehicles. The complementary breakfast was sparse, probably because the hotel was not full. When I was ready to leave, I went in to eat. I never saw a desk clerk the whole time. I tried to get a clerk by ringing the service bell, but no one ever came out. After several minutes, I gave up. Bottom line, the customer service was poor, the amenities were adequate, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I would stay here again if I was on a tight budget. If I wanted a bit more luxury/friendlier service, I would go somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Deb659
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I stopped late one night at this motel on my way from FL to NY. My room was adequate and comfortable and the price was right. (I am a 65 y.o. woman traveling alone) It is conveniently located just off I-95 at exit 77 with gas stations to fill up and places to eat nearby. This is what impressed me most and I will always remember. I got up early and had a cup of coffee in the lobby (breakfast is served) Then I got back on the road. I was nearly two hours away when I realized that I had left my cell phone and charger plugged in in the room. I was so upset but did not want to drive back and delay my trip. I found the receipt and pulled off at the next exit, borrowed a cell phone from a man in a truck stop and called back. The manager, Mr. Patel verified that he found my phone but had no way to contact me. I asked if he could mail it to me overnight at a NY address. He said he would and in less than 24 hours, I had my phone back.
I appreciate his concern and promptness. Would I stay there again? YES.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Carole S
Reviewed 8 July 2012

The rates were awesome, the beds were comfortable enough and the room LOOKED clean, but I suspect the carpets need replacing. This IS a pet-friendly motel, and I'm sure that was part of the stink. I accept that most cheaper hotels are musty, but this was worse than musty, probably ammonia/urine stink. It was way too late, and we had a sleeping toddler with us or we'd have asked for a different room. The free continental breakfast was your usual plain bagels, donuts, juice machine, etc. no wafflemakers or hot sandwiches or hard boiled eggs. We couldn't get the wifi to work, but we were only there to sleep and leave again, so we didn't ask for help.

Room Tip: sniff the room before getting all your stuff out of the car!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Red Roof Inn Walterboro
Red Roof Inn Walterboro
#4 of 18 in Walterboro
Best Western Plus Santee Inn

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!