“Effort for trying”

Quality Inn St. Helena
Columbia, South Carolina
“Effort for trying”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

A big disappointment was not having wifi when it was advertised. Apparently a part was sent but not the correct one to fix it we were told. We ended up going to McDonalds for wireless in Beaufort. I brought along two swim suits and no pool! That was my own fault for not really checking.. I WAS expecting one. Our room was old fashioned but did have a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The door stuck opening and closing but it was quiet once in the room. Our TV remote didn't work but the staff brought us a replacement immediately. The breakfast was pretty good but there are only three tables, and one table only sits two in the hall. The staff was very nice and offered suggestions on dining and attractions. I did like the location and there were picnic tables in the back that people enjoyed using.

Room Tip: I would suggest one in the back..very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MyrtleBeach60

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

The room was clean enough, but the beds were not comfortable. The breakfast bar was pretty sad...not to much to choose from. The management and other workers seemed nice. The main reason we stayed here was the location. We wanted to be as close as possible to Hunting Island State Park. Quality Inn claims they have Hunting Island park passes, but they were always conveniently out. We were told to come early in the morning to get them, so we tried at 6:00 a.m. with no luck . There were hardly any people staying at the motel so I'm not sure why they wouldn't have passes. For the same price we could have stayed at a nicer hotel in Beaufort (which we will next time) with a pool. If you just want to stay close to Hunting Island and don't mind all the other small stuff then you will be happy with your stay here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank thefosters04
chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The location is perfect for Huntington Island and Beaufort. The place is older and a little tired but the positives are the friendly and accommodating staff who went out of their way to rectify any situations and ensure we had a comfortable stay. The breakfast was perfect enough and a variety for anyone. I cannot recommend the two very near restaurants as we had poor service and food when we dined there. This place could really be a gem if it was refurbished and new fixtures and furniture were invested in.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank freckledcubfan
Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We went to Hunting Island for our annual beach camping week; had to find a nearby hotel for my 92 year old father (and stay with him nights); got the handicapped room at a great rate. The free breakfast bar was okay (waffles, bagels, oj, yogurt, cereal, coffee) but a café across the parking lot was fantastic with great breakfast, very reasonable. The staff- and I mean from manager down to housekeeping- was outstanding: personable, friendly, service minded, kind, very accommodating to me and my father. Room was spacious and clean. In room coffee, micro, fridge. St. Helena Is is very near Beaufort and Lady's Island (where most commerce takes place), and about 8-9 miles from the Hunting Island state park and beach, marshes, etc. Hotel is smaller with outside access; no pool.

Can't say enough nice things about the stay. It is not a resort hotel but a clean, safe and great value. Thanks everyone at Quality Inn St. Helena!

Room Tip: Tree frogs did chirp at night but not loud enough to wake me! We stayed at front side on end.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank sbowman52
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased to get a room for 64 dollars including taxes. The room had two queen beds with adequate linens. The fitness room was very adequate with weights and treadmill. Breakfast was very ample and clean. We had been camping and were pleased to spend a night indoors. Staff was wonderful.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank sorge5626
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

It's an older hotel with 2 floors, no elevator. The prices are very and and it's a good value. The staff work very hard to get you what you need. The internet works great. There is a very good Italian restaurant on the same parking lot. Very quite place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank ScottWAtlanta
Grove City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel on the 19th and 20th of November, 2013. I had driven from Columbus, Ohio. I asked for a room in the back, away from the road. The clerk, an older man, told me he didn't think those rooms had been cleaned. He invited me to accompany him to the back to see if anything was available. We found the first two rooms we looked at to be ready for check-in. we returned to the office, and after several minutes of computer work, he told me, I could not have those rooms because I had prepaid, and gotten a very good deal. He told me if my concern was noise, I would not be disturbed. I was tired from my trip, I accepted the roadside room. That nite was fine, but next day a semi truck came into the hotel parking lot to make a delivery to the restaurant out front. It did indeed wake my wife and I. That nite, a couple of families rented the rooms next to us and made quite a bit of noise until 11:30 pm. If only hotel people would consider simple requests from their guests. To my knowledge, the hotel never rented out those rooms that I thought for a moment might be mine for those two nights. I would not have been disturbed at all, and the hotel would not have been out a single cent. And I would not be writing this review. The hotel itself is not bad, but if you do stay here, INSIST on getting one of those wonderfully quite rooms in the back of the property. Another note, there was no breakfast at all.

Room Tip: Back of property, if they will allow it.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

#1 of 15 in Beaufort
Hampton Inn Beaufort
Hampton Inn Beaufort
#6 of 15 in Beaufort

Been to Quality Inn St. Helena? Share your experiences!